IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article makes it sound like David ran upstairs and chose an acceptable pair himself, not that Sarah went upstairs and brought down another pair.

For whatever reason, the correct pair appears to have been vitally important to David on this night.
But not important enough for him to ask S to get that specific pair ready for him, it seems.

The article makes it sound like David ran upstairs and chose an acceptable pair himself, not that Sarah went upstairs and brought down another pair.

For whatever reason, the correct pair appears to have been vitally important to David on this night.
From the article: "After running upstairs and grabbing a different pair, Dave gave her a kiss goodbye and headed out, Sarah said."Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

From an earlier article (linked below): "He had to do another Seaboard load from Eagle Grove to Sac City," she said. "He just washed up and changed and gave me a kiss and ran out the door. He's always in a hurry."

It sounds to me David and Sarah live in a two story house. "ran up stairs" The bedroom and bathroom David and Sarah used to sleep, shower, bath, (wash up) ect. were likely upstairs. The laundry room most likely in the basement or first floor. Living room,kitchen,guest bath on the first floor.

Earlier Sarah said David was coming home to wash up and change. Can't remember if she specifically said he did not take a shower, but not sure how you would "wash up" without doing so. Grown men, wash cloths, sponge baths, they just don't go together. And if I was working around hog poo, I would be taking a shower, not trying to wash that off with a sponge or cloth. Wouldn't you think David would have gone upstairs to wash up? Not like he is going to be standing at the kitchen sink trying to "wash up" with Sarah's daughter and her husband and their child in town and in the house. If so, the most likely place to leave a change of cloths since in the earlier article Sarah did say David "changed" would be upstairs where David likely would have washed up and changed.

Now from what Sarah is saying, David must have washed up and would have changed or gotten dressed down stairs since saying he or she had to run back up stairs to get a different pair of pants with deeper pockets? (Walking around the house in my underwear(?) isn't something I would do if my kids and their significant others were staying in the house)

A lot of this story is really starting to make no sense at all.

(By the way, I think the "another" load people are referring to as David having to do is the load David was doing when he went missing, there was no "another load" after this one. This was the "another load" David had to do when he came home to wash up and change. Which ya, it also doesn't make sense that when David didn't return home in the early morning, Sarah didn't think that was odd and wonder where he was. Just another thing that doesn't make any sense.)

JMO

Article about washing up:Wife of missing Wall Lake truck driver David Schultz: 'I want my husband. It's exhausting. It's awful'

I feel like
From the article: "After running upstairs and grabbing a different pair, Dave gave her a kiss goodbye and headed out, Sarah said."Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

From an earlier article (linked below): "He had to do another Seaboard load from Eagle Grove to Sac City," she said. "He just washed up and changed and gave me a kiss and ran out the door. He's always in a hurry."

It sounds to me David and Sarah live in a two story house. "ran up stairs" The bedroom and bathroom David and Sarah used to sleep, shower, bath, (wash up) ect. were likely upstairs. The laundry room most likely in the basement or first floor. Living room,kitchen,guest bath on the first floor.

Earlier Sarah said David was coming home to wash up and change. Can't remember if she specifically said he did not take a shower, but not sure how you would "wash up" without doing so. Grown men, wash cloths, sponge baths, they just don't go together. And if I was working around hog poo, I would be taking a shower, not trying to wash that off with a sponge or cloth. Wouldn't you think David would have gone upstairs to wash up? Not like he is going to be standing at the kitchen sink trying to "wash up" with Sarah's daughter and her husband and their child in town and in the house. If so, the most likely place to leave a change of cloths since in the earlier article Sarah did say David "changed" would be upstairs where David likely would have washed up and changed.

Now from what Sarah is saying, David must have washed up and would have changed or gotten dressed down stairs since saying he or she had to run back up stairs to get a different pair of pants with deeper pockets? (Walking around the house in my underwear(?) isn't something I would do if my kids and their significant others were staying in the house)

(By the way, I think the "another" load people are referring to as David having to do is the load David was doing when he went missing, there was no "another load" after this one. This was the "another load" David had to do when he came home to wash up and change. Which ya, it also doesn't make sense that when David didn't return home in the early morning, Sarah didn't think that was odd and wonder where he was. Just another thing that doesn't make any sense.)

JMO

Article about washing up:Wife of missing Wall Lake truck driver David Schultz: 'I want my husband. It's exhausting. It's awful'
I feel like you are reading too much into it, washed up could mean as much as going to the kitchen sink with a towel and wiping the face, hair and arms or stains on the clothes from mud or whatever, then changing clothes because they got too wet or were too dirty to clean properly. Also, saying no grown man uses a shower sponge is quite an assumption...

JMO

Somewhere early on there's a link that said he had one more load after the load he was supposed to deliver

JMO

Maybe someone else has the link, but there was something out there where S said he didn't deliver this load or pick up the next. Does anyone else remember where she said that?

ETA: @mst beat me to it!

I also remember Sarah (or someone, at least) saying Dave had another load to pick up after this one. I think it was in one of the earliest articles, but I haven't been able to find it again.
Unfortunately a lot of those msm sites had a limit on viewing free articles but nevertheless it's why she was not worried about not hearing from him overnight

This early article says Dave never picked up his next load... but they almost seem to be referring to him never picking up the load from Eagle Grove, which would be inaccurate:

He was scheduled to pick up a load of pigs from Eagle Grove and deliver them to Sac City.

He never made it to his destination to pick up the next load.

I feel like

I feel like you are reading too much into it, washed up could mean as much as going to the kitchen sink with a towel and wiping the face, hair and arms or stains on the clothes from mud or whatever, then changing clothes because they got too wet or were too dirty to clean properly. Also, saying no grown man uses a shower sponge is quite an assumption...
@BOBON Using a shower sponge and taking a sponge bath, as I said, are two different things.

Re the two different pairs of pants, it doesn't sound like DS actually put on the pair SS selected, and then rejected them and asked for a pair with deeper pockets. He most likely (IMO) just saw what she had chosen and asked for a different pair, before actually changing.

But what I found interesting is this: someone speculated above that DS probably used an upstairs bathroom to change. But if that were the case, why ask SS to "run upstairs" and bring him a different item, if he was heading upstairs himself?

I think, probably due to the nature of the dirt on him, he typically changed downstairs to avoid traipsing dirt all over the house. Laundry room, downstairs bathroom, mud room, even the porch could be his usual change spot when dealing with haul clothes.

All MOO

I’ve gotta say, if something happened to anyone in my family, sleuthers would have a field day with our “routine”.

If my spouse picked out clothes for me, I would surely pick something else and vice versa. Pockets too small or weird? Definitely something I would say! Or too itchy, tight, etc.

The guy was driving and loading and unloading a lot. He was in a hurry (we are always in a hurry around here). I can totally imagine myself planning to run in and take a quick shower before changing and then deciding on the fly just changing, brushing my teeth, using the bathroom and leaving.

There could be a bathroom/shower on the first floor. I can see myself leaving clothes out for my spouse downstairs, but then spouse wants to go upstairs. I’ve made my spouse a quick dinner to grab on the way out again that is never touched. Life happens.

If he regularly or only wore Wrangler jeans, how many different styles of Wranglers are there and do they have different depths of pockets?
Yes! I bought a pair for my hubby and he hated them! I had no idea the front pockets were not even half the depth of normal pockets. He complained everytime he had them on, I finally just threw them away.

Timeline using Freightwaves article citing info from LE and plugging in Google maps miles/estimates for possible discrepancies:

Left Eagle Grove pickup at 10:50 pm
Arrived Marker 126 at 11:15 pm - approx 26 min/25 mi, so nothing unusual
Left Marker 126 approx 11:31 pm - (stayed 16 minutes)
Arrived Hwy 71\20 exit at 12:18 pm - approx 43 min/48 miles, so nothing unusual
Location where truck was found on N14 at 12:40 am - a little over 4 miles north of the exit - why 20 minutes? Why did the truck turn north instead of south?
Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

One other thing from the linked story that is a little strange to me. (This is after Dave left Marker 126.]:
“He is then seen on a Department of Transportation camera on Highway 20 west of the truck stop heading west.
“This was the last time David was seen,” McClure said. “Cell phone data obtained from David Schultz’s phone corroborates this timeline.”
Investigators claim there was no usable video from the DOT camera.”

We don’t know which DOT camera they are referring to; wish we did. If LE said it was David’s truck that was caught on video, but couldn’t tell if it was David that was driving, that might be why it was not usable video. However, they identify it as the last time DAVID is seen. This would seem to indicate that it was definitely David still driving his truck up to this point. I might be picky, but that to me is “usable”.
I am still convinced that whatever happened to trigger this disappearance happened at the Exit at the junction of Hwy 20W and 71S.
I still don’t know what.
I still don’t know why.
My butt is sore from fence sitting.

Timeline using Freightwaves article citing info from LE and plugging in Google maps miles/estimates for possible discrepancies:

Left Eagle Grove pickup at 10:50 pm
Arrived Marker 126 at 11:15 pm - approx 26 min/25 mi, so nothing unusual
Left Marker 126 approx 11:31 pm - (stayed 16 minutes)
Arrived Hwy 71\20 exit at 12:18 pm - approx 43 min/48 miles, so nothing unusual
Location where truck was found on N14 at 12:40 am - a little over 4 miles north of the exit - why 20 minutes? Why did the truck turn north instead of south?
Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

One other thing from the linked story that is a little strange to me. (This is after Dave left Marker 126.]:
“He is then seen on a Department of Transportation camera on Highway 20 west of the truck stop heading west.
“This was the last time David was seen,” McClure said. “Cell phone data obtained from David Schultz’s phone corroborates this timeline.”
Investigators claim there was no usable video from the DOT camera.”

We don’t know which DOT camera they are referring to; wish we did. If LE said it was David’s truck that was caught on video, but couldn’t tell if it was David that was driving, that might be why it was not usable video. However, they identify it as the last time DAVID is seen. This would seem to indicate that it was definitely David still driving his truck up to this point. I might be picky, but that to me is “usable”.
I am still convinced that whatever happened to trigger this disappearance happened at the Exit at the junction of Hwy 20W and 71S.
I still don’t know what.
I still don’t know why.
My butt is sore from fence sitting.
The wording about the DOT cameras makes me think there are two sightings on two DOT cameras. One is usable and one is not. LE is only telling us about the unusable one. JMO

Out of all the years following cases here at WS, when the facts we have do not make sense, it usually is one of two situations:

1) One or more of the "facts" are lies (which I do not believe is the case);
2) There is info not being released by LE that would make us say "Ohhhhh, that adds a lot more perspective." (I think this is the case with DS)

The wording about the DOT cameras makes me think there are two sightings on two DOT cameras. One is usable and one is not. LE is only telling us about the unusable one. JMO

Out of all the years following cases here at WS, when the facts we have do not make sense, it usually is one of two situations:

1) One or more of the "facts" are lies (which I do not believe is the case);
2) There is info not being released by LE that would make us say "Ohhhhh, that adds a lot more perspective." (I think this is the case with DS)
I agree with your assessment. Additionally, LE usually only hides facts when they believe there is foul play involved, (to protect the integrity of the investigation), or they are protecting a victim whom they believe to have mental health/suicidal tendencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute