IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this baffling case, and trying to catch up since the beginning. What a head scratcher!

I tend to agree with those that believe that David himself drove the truck there, but why and under what potential influence or mental state I cannot imagine.

I am also in the smaller minority camp that believes that it is a strong possibility that David is in the vicinity of his truck, obviously not super close, but he just hasn't been found yet. I have followed far too many cases here to know how often, despite best efforts and highly experienced searchers, bodies can be and are missed.

My current theory is a mental state that caused David unease, anxiety, paranoia, perhaps heat or fever that caused him to want to escape the claustrophobic cab and get out, ditch the jacket, and possibly run, far farther than we think.

But in reality, I'm open to any possibility at this stage.

Also, it shouldn't matter when a human being is missing, but it makes me sad to think about all those poor little hungry baby piggies stuck on that truck for 12 hours, especially if they had just been taken from their mom's, probably to move them to the other farm. Pigs are really smart, as smart as dogs, I think, and I can only imagine a truck full of puppies in the same situation.

All that said, my sympathy for pigs sadly isn't enough to stop me from eating bacon anytime soon!
Oh, goodness, I have the same thoughts about the pigs….their likely discomfort. And all the time I say I’m not going to eat any pork products anymore, and then before I know it, I’m eating a BLT

Some thoughts (my opinions):
1. Why he has two trucks. Many parts were very hard to get during and even now after COVID. My neighbor's car was totaled when it normally would not have been. But the insurance company told her it could take months to get the parts and the extended rental cost tipped then to total the car. So David may have bought another truck while the first was being repaired. His insurance might pay some lost income but it was probably limited. No truck operating, no money.
2. In farming territory it is not uncommon to see vehicles stopped on the road. Not all farms have driveways that can handle large trucks so they often park and unload on the road, especially lighter travelled roads. This may even be why the friend and other who might have seen the truck didn't think much about it.
3. Many side roads and smaller side streets don't have a wide enough intersection to handle a semi truck. Options on where to turn are very limited.
4. A diesel truck requires a much larger battery than a normal car. A car's battery would go dead much faster than the diesel truck's if the lights were left on in both vehicles. Plus a diesel can idle an incredibly long time on very little fuel. Therefore I don't think the truck was left idling until fuel ran out, or the lights left on until the battery died.

I wonder if perhaps some people just assumed he had stopped at the Sparky's on Hwy 4? I honestly didn't know there was one east of Fort Dodge, maybe because I usually don't travel that far, so I would have assumed he had stopped at Sparky's on 4 since that is the only one I am familiar with between Sac and Fort Dodge.
yes, and I still call all convenience stores .... 7-11's. (showing my age!)

If I may add to your bulleted list, it could also mean:
  • There was no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4 during the time period between him leaving the M126 site, and arriving at the 20/71 intersection.

Since they were posting their sightings in chronological order, I think, MOO, that they could literally mean he didn't stop there on his way to the unloading site. And if the trucker's video comments are correct, the video capture could have taken place on his way TO EG and LE didn't feel it was worth noting because he was seen at EG and at M126 after that.
I checked all over the trucker's page for contact info but it seems you have to have a TT account to message someone, and I don't have one, and really don't want one, LOL. Otherwise I'd be happy to send him a message about this.
Given the time David left the Marker 126 establishment and the time he arrived at the Hwy 20 Hwy 71 exit there is no time for him to have stopped at Saprky's. Unless his truck could drive something like 200 MPH., If there is video of David at Sparky's prior to going to Eagle Grove I think you are correct in thinking there is no signifagance to that video an that is why it was not mentioned in the press release.

<modsnip - not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, the purpose of Sheriff Ken McClure mentioning Sparkys @ 4 was to dispel rumors. In reading Wall Lake PD and Sac County SO f/bk accounts PRIOR to his Press Release, comments show people are scared, frustrated, and anxious. IMO

There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4.

I don’t like the wording of this…. Not usable because poor quality? Cameras don’t function? Recording history already gone? I sorta feel like it would mean one of those options.

There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4.

I don’t like the wording of this…. Not usable because poor quality? Cameras don’t function? Recording history already gone? I sorta feel like it would mean one of those options.
Maybe it couldn't be determined beyond a reasonable doubt that David's truck was seen on the video.

LE should know, and we could also figure it out, what time David should have been passing the location where this camera is. But if the images of vehicles going by at night couldn't be distinguished as David's truck the video may not be deemed "usable"

JMO

Maybe it couldn't be determined beyond a reasonable doubt that David's truck was seen on the video.

LE should know, and we could also figure it out, what time David should have been passing the location where this camera is. But if the images of vehicles going by at night couldn't be distinguished as David's truck the video may not be deemed "usable"

JMO
Agreed. If anyone here watched the highway video feed of the Carlee Russell incident, while you could make out a car vs a pickup vs a semi, it was dark and blurry, no license plates visible. Not that all highway cams are that bad, but so many are, at night in the dark.

FYI: camera at Sparky's - at 5:06 p.m., able to see all around. Once it gets dark, not true
Thanks! Yeah, in the dark it’s useless other than perhaps to see traffic backups.

o/t: Automated enforcement (AE); speeders ticketed by camera surveillance, has great cameras that capture the vehicle, driver and license plate. Existing iDot cameras need to be replaced with more adequate cameras. My snowbird uncle, upon his return to MN earlier this year, received postal mail from Florida containing a hefty $$$ fine, the AE photo quality was as good as any portrait studio. Coincidentally, the City of Fort Dodge PD, north of DS's 16 minute stop @ 126 Marker on Hwy 20, uses 2 AE cameras within city limits with their locations published on their f/bk page; back in my day, we called them speed traps. (It is doubtful either camera set to capture Hwy20 traffic). Automated Enforcement / City of Fort Dodge, Iowa

o/t: Automated enforcement (AE); speeders ticketed by camera surveillance, has great cameras that capture the vehicle, driver and license plate. Existing iDot cameras need to be replaced with more adequate cameras. My snowbird uncle, upon his return to MN earlier this year, received postal mail from Florida containing a hefty $$$ fine, the AE photo quality was as good as any portrait studio. Coincidentally, the City of Fort Dodge PD, north of DS's 16 minute stop @ 126 Marker on Hwy 20, uses 2 AE cameras within city limits with their locations published on their f/bk page; back in my day, we called them speed traps. (It is doubtful either camera set to capture Hwy20 traffic). Automated Enforcement / City of Fort Dodge, Iowa
Very true! Here in Massachusetts, they got rid of all Mass Pike toll booths several years ago. There are still tolls per so many exits driven, but you’d never know it. The cameras are up high, barely even noticeable as you drive past, and they can certainly capture the plate info if you don’t have an EZPass transponder. And you’ll get a bill!

The thing that is sticking in my craw this whole time is that David went home to take a shower. He was running late, but wanted to go home and bathe? I get he has a 'dirty' job, and maybe he needed a quick shower to wake up. But assuming he's already off schedule, has family visiting, it just seems to me like a shower wouldn't be a priority.
I also wonder why he was late in the very beginning when he came home before he even took the shower. What had he been doing? And where had he been before he came home to shower? This might be important information to find out what was going on with him and who else might’ve been involved with his disappearances. I think the timeline should actually start sooner. Maybe law-enforcement has already looked into it but I’m curious.

Venmo 2 days after he is gone. Personal address to send prayers and money. Go fund me. Talks about her suffering while always adding her venmo and others. Doesn't sit well with me. I hope I'm wrong. I apologize if I am. <modsnip> And remember, this is just a speculation and my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Just speculating if someone made David disappear so they could have access to his family without him around? I also think its highly possible he was/is out there deceased and they missed his remains. The pictures I saw of them searching showed a great deal of space in between searchers. It’s very easy to walk right by somebody and not see them especially after they’ve been out there a while. I also wonder if they used cadaver dogs or considered it. Random thoughts or my personal opinion.

has anyone checked out Monkey Express Aerial, the service that provided drone coverage? I appreciate the photos and additional set of eyes in the search for DS. Tonight, I was making f/bk rounds and stopped by Monkey to see if any new photos or news re DS. LOL, I don't mean to laugh but, it's just that some of the characters that have inserted themselves into this missing trucker event, are interesting folks (this guy, the TT, the UCN, ..?). David who?

Venmo 2 days after he is gone. Personal address to send prayers and money. Go fund me. Talks about her suffering while always adding her venmo and others. Doesn't sit well with me. I hope I'm wrong. I apologize if I am. <modsnip> And remember, this is just a speculation and my opinion
I think there’s no doubt that the family depended almost solely on DS income.
And as many , or most, today’s families live paycheck to paycheck…If his wife’s primary concerns were to provide for their family /children ,what can she do? You tell me.

So, as a mother with your husband / primary breadwinner missing, and having no income, you know you still have to take care of your babies. What would you do?
How would you pay the electric bill? Pay for groceries?
Oh, and Have you noticed how expensive groceries have been lately?

IDK, I’m just saying, I have no idea what happened to this man. But just put yourself in her shoes, she still has to see her family is taken care of. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl