IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he wouldn't normally leave his truck that way, but maybe this is a case of desperate times, desperate measures.
He felt desperate to either leave the truck abandoned near its destination or desperate to flee the truck? Maybe, JMO.
To me, it's leaving the hogs that concerns me. The destination was so close. But IF we are dealing with self-harm or a runaway/midlife crisis, actions will not make sense except in the person's own mind. jmo

For those who think someone else was driving the truck, why do you think they would they take the time to remove his jacket from the truck and leave it on the ground?

To me, it's leaving the hogs that concerns me. The destination was so close. But IF we are dealing with self-harm or a runaway/midlife crisis, actions will not make sense except in the person's own mind. jmo

Or perhaps he wasn't in his normal state of mind, could literally not think clearly? Any of these possibilities make more sense to me than a murderer staging the scene.

For those who think someone else was driving the truck, why do you think they would they take the time to remove his jacket from the truck and leave it on the ground?
Maybe the jacket came off during some sort of physical confrontation? That's if there is another person involved. If it was just David, could he grab it getting out of the truck, intending to put it on, but ended up dropping it, in a state of mental/physical distress?

Jake Rowley

Hi guys Jake Rowley here Midwest team leader for United Cajun Navy I wanted to give everyone a quick update on our search efforts today on November 26th we searched from where the truck was found South along 71 all the way to 255th going into sac city. Nothing of interest was found today but we did make a lot of progress on eliminating locations that David could be the search will continue tomorrow starting at 10:30 a.m. with sparky's one stop off of highway 4 and 20 being our command Post. As we go into the week we understand that our numbers of volunteers will diminish please consider taking some time during the week if you are able to come help. Another big thing that we will be needing in the days ahead will be property permissions if you own private property or know somebody that owns private property along 71 from Sac City up to 20 and then across to highway 4 along 20 please reach out to me so we can have a conversation about getting search volunteers on to your land. We will be putting up another post around 7:30 that will have all these details as well please stay tuned to our page as well as United Cajun Navy on Facebook for more details involving Davids search thank you and God bless!

We would like to give a huge shout out to sparky's one stop for being super accommodating and providing our crew with not only an area to operate but free coffee and hot chocolate throughout the day!

Also tune into KTIV News 4 tonight at 10:00 for more coverage on our search efforts today

www.unitedcajunnavy.org
One of the comments on this post was from a searcher asking about today's search and if they would have equipment to search the lake where his phone last pinged. Interesting to me because they have ping data. I wonder if that is what took them to Brushy Creek. I'm guessing the lake may be one at Twin Lakes State Park given the search headquarters.

One of the comments on this post was from a searcher asking about today's search and if they would have equipment to search the lake where his phone last pinged. Interesting to me because they have ping data. I wonder if that is what took them to Brushy Creek. I'm guessing the lake may be one at Twin Lakes State Park given the search headquarters.

Because David's phone was found in his truck it's hard to say if its last ping location is at all relevant.

They searched the area where his truck was found. I believe they searched the pick-up point in Eagle Grove. They searched around Brushy Creek, were apparently going to search the area near Fort Dodge, and now possibly Twin Lakes.

To be honest it kind of sounds like they're systematically searching various points along the route, rather than necessarily having direct evidence pointing to specific locations.

This just doesn't sound like a case of self-harm to me, unless impulsive. Of course it's impossible to know what's in someone else's head... jmo.

Wall Lake trucker's wife makes plea for help after his disappearance

Sarah Schultz last saw her husband at about 7:30 p.m. Monday. She said David, who hauls livestock for a living, had been working all day and asked her to grab him a change of clothes.

"He had to do another Seaboard load from Eagle Grove to Sac City," she said. "He just washed up and changed and gave me a kiss and ran out the door. He's always in a hurry."

Schultz said David was eager to get his work done and come back home, since her daughter and grandson were visiting from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Attachments

• 1701092673821.png
    1701092673821.png
    73 bytes · Views: 11
If this is foul play and someone else was driving the truck, my guess is that David may have been killed elsewhere and the jacket was left near the truck as a red herring;
“Look over here, not over there”. I am not sure this is a case of foul play, though. I am fence sitting between foul play and mental health/medical crisis, but leaning towards the latter.

This case reminds me a little bit of TSU college student, Jason Landry, who disappeared on his way home to Houston after a single car accident. His keys, phone, and wallet were found in the vehicle and his clothes were found in the area, but Jason was never found. His car was also on the wrong road. The difference of course is that David and his truck were not involved in an accident. The theory was that Jason was confused after the accident and wandered off. It’s possible that some type of mental break caused David to leave his truck and wander off.

Schultz said David was eager to get his work done and come back home, since her daughter and grandson were visiting from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
If David was intending self harm, he might have chosen this time while his daughter was visiting so that his wife would not be alone when he disappeared and was presumably found. If this is the case, he also showed consideration for the hogs he was hauling; leaving his truck in the middle of the road, so that they would be found quickly, too. The biggest problem is, of course, where is David?

If David was intending self harm, he might have chosen this time while his daughter was visiting so that his wife would not be alone when he disappeared and was presumably found. If this is the case, he also showed consideration for the hogs he was hauling; leaving his truck in the middle of the road, so that they would be found quickly, too. The biggest problem is, of course, where is David?
Those are good points, for sure. I guess I feel like if he planned it, why wash up and change clothes but then wander off where he couldn't be found nearby? And why not do it before picking up the pigs instead of leaving them on the side of the road? Or finish the drop and then do it before going home? Or maybe I'm just trying to make logic out of a mind not working logically at the time...

An interesting survey of Australian short and long haul truckers showed “A higher proportion of short-haul drivers reported severe psychological distress compared to long-haul drivers (15.2% vs 10.4%, χ2 = 8.8, 0.012).”

David’s wife reported he was “always hurrying”. I’m sure it is stressful always being under pressure to get the deliveries done, on time, often several times a day, and at all hours.

Those are good points, for sure. I guess I feel like if he planned it, why wash up and change clothes but then wander off where he couldn't be found nearby? And why not do it before picking up the pigs instead of leaving them on the side of the road? Or finish the drop and then do it before going home? Or maybe I'm just trying to make logic out of a mind not working logically at the time...
As a witness to an episode of psychosis of a family member with no known documented mental health issues, it is like a flip of the switch to blast off and all hell breaks loose in their mind.
Absolutely terrifying.

RBBM
I agree. Lots of questions in this case.

An interesting survey of Australian short and long haul truckers showed “A higher proportion of short-haul drivers reported severe psychological distress compared to long-haul drivers (15.2% vs 10.4%, χ2 = 8.8, 0.012).”

David’s wife reported he was “always hurrying”. I’m sure it is stressful always being under pressure to get the deliveries done, on time, often several times a day, and at all hours.
Was he late in delivery and just couldn't face it? I have no idea if he was having any work trouble or if being "late" is an issue - just trying to piece together why he wouldn't drop off the hogs when he was so close to the location. I'm thinking perhaps text/phone calls on his phone might shed light to what was happening in real time, but we don't know that communication.

jmo

Just exploring other thoughts here. There is insurance for, Non-Owned Coverage For Livestock. I know I will never get my answer but it would be pretty interesting to know if David had it for this load and didn't usually have it. If I was running away from my life and had a business I'd make sure my wife and kids didn't have a couple hundred thousand dollar debt on top of it. I think that would be an easy way to determine if this was a pre planned event.

Was he late in delivery and just couldn't face it? I have no idea if he was having any work trouble or if being "late" is an issue - just trying to piece together why he wouldn't drop off the hogs when he was so close to the location. I'm thinking perhaps text/phone calls on his phone might shed light to what was happening in real time, but we don't know that communication.

jmo
I’m not sure he was late, but may have been under constant pressure by the companies he hauled for. Constantly being told, “Need this now, need this now. Hurry up!”, is sure to build up stress. There is a shortage of truckers so there is high demand, particularly around this time of year.
As, @charminglane said above, sometimes it just comes without warning. David has been described as a dedicated, hardworking, family man. Maybe he put up a good front, but was crumbling inside.
As a man in his 50‘s, did he feel it was too late to change careers? Did he feel trapped? Was he tired and just couldn’t take it anymore?
It should be noted that we have no evidence that David was contemplating self harm. Right now we can speculate on all the possible reasons for David’s disappearance. We are not privy to the information LE has gathered in this case.
I hope his family finds answers soon.

I’m not sure he was late, but may have been under constant pressure by the companies he hauled for. Constantly being told, “Need this now, need this now. Hurry up!”, is sure to build up stress. There is a shortage of truckers so there is high demand, particularly around this time of year.
As, @charminglane said above, sometimes it just comes without warning. David has been described as a dedicated, hardworking, family man. Maybe he put up a good front, but was crumbling inside.
As a man in his 50‘s, did he feel it was too late to change careers? Did he feel trapped? Was he tired and just couldn’t take it anymore?
It should be noted that we have no evidence that David was contemplating self harm. Right now we can speculate on all the possible reasons for David’s disappearance. We are not privy to the information LE has gathered in this case.
I think it might be as simple as , he got paid per load so the more loads he hauled the more money he made.
You’re right, there’s no evidence he was contemplating self harm, and to add, also no indication or information that he was…. suicidal; or psychotic; or suffered from any other mental health problems.

And most of the FB comments by those who are from the area and /or know him and /or know the hog hauling business believe he’s likely been a victim of foul play.
Hopefully his family will get more information soon. All JMO

There's so many people that are struggling on the inside and nobody but them knows how much. Sometimes people make impulsive decisions and nobody knows the reason but them. What is the financial situation? Maybe that was piling on. Holidays aren't happy for some people and there is added pressure.

It's interesting what some are saying about sudden onset of psychosis, but doesn't that usually happen for the first time to someone younger?
I guess severe sleep deprivation could cause it in anyone, though.
A straw that broke the camel's back is what I think of at this person's age.

Again, of course, we don't know what happened.

This just doesn't sound like a case of self-harm to me, unless impulsive. Of course it's impossible to know what's in someone else's head... jmo.

Wall Lake trucker's wife makes plea for help after his disappearance

Sarah Schultz last saw her husband at about 7:30 p.m. Monday. She said David, who hauls livestock for a living, had been working all day and asked her to grab him a change of clothes.

"He had to do another Seaboard load from Eagle Grove to Sac City," she said. "He just washed up and changed and gave me a kiss and ran out the door. He's always in a hurry."

SBM
There's no attachment. (technically there is, just a 1×1-pixel dot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo