IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be very common for truckers traveling alone with loads to perhaps keep a handgun with them when driving. We have heard no mention of any firearms, but I would love to know if he in fact had a handgun, if he had it with him, and if so, if it was found in the truck or not. I imagine LE have this info, and certainly wouldn't be sharing it, but it would tend to guide them in whatever their working theory is. JMO

If you're correct, that almost sounds like they think he took his own life. No foul play but also not asking him to come back.
Yeah… sadly, at least in my current opinion which does change at times. To me, it goes along with the searching in that area. If he was killed or started a new life somewhere, he could be anywhere. It’s hard for me to process a murderer not only killing someone, but hiding the body and driving his massive rig full of pigs somewhere else. The searches are so focused in that immediate area and LE is not telling civilians to stay away so as not to potentially contaminate a scene as we have seen in other cases where they don’t want the public involved. But maybe each state is different in that regard.

IMO LE has searched inside the pig facility, but other searchers are not allowed right now due to risk of disease and bio hazards. Sadly, I don't think he is missing accidently or voluntarily. I think all the answers are at the pick up point for the pigs and something was seen there that shouldn't of been. Someone else put the semi there and possibly made it look like it was put there haphazardly, but did know how to drive the semi. Again all IMO.

Although David's disappearance is strange, and his truck being left in the middle of the road is strange, it's notable that I haven't seen anything suggesting the actual location of the truck was unexpected.

His truck was found very quickly once people knew he was missing and started to retrace his route.

Jake Rowley

Hi guys Jake Rowley here Midwest team leader for United Cajun Navy I wanted to give everyone a quick update on our search efforts today on November 26th we searched from where the truck was found South along 71 all the way to 255th going into sac city. Nothing of interest was found today but we did make a lot of progress on eliminating locations that David could be the search will continue tomorrow starting at 10:30 a.m. with sparky's one stop off of highway 4 and 20 being our command Post. As we go into the week we understand that our numbers of volunteers will diminish please consider taking some time during the week if you are able to come help. Another big thing that we will be needing in the days ahead will be property permissions if you own private property or know somebody that owns private property along 71 from Sac City up to 20 and then across to highway 4 along 20 please reach out to me so we can have a conversation about getting search volunteers on to your land. We will be putting up another post around 7:30 that will have all these details as well please stay tuned to our page as well as United Cajun Navy on Facebook for more details involving Davids search thank you and God bless!

We would like to give a huge shout out to sparky's one stop for being super accommodating and providing our crew with not only an area to operate but free coffee and hot chocolate throughout the day!

Also tune into KTIV News 4 tonight at 10:00 for more coverage on our search efforts today

www.unitedcajunnavy.org

So what I’m reading between the lines in the FB posts on his wife’s page and the SAR page is not a single instance of foul play seems to be suspected. No one is saying “we will fight for justice - David would never have walked out on his family” or anything along those lines. Nor is anyone reaching out to David directly, pleading for him to come home.
Yes, I've cast a wider than usual social media net on this one and I agree with what you're saying. It's tricky because I think a lot of people identify with what we know about David-he's a hard working family man! He's salt of the earth! It seems impossible to believe that he would have harmed himself. But I will say that the medical event in my theory posted earlier...is not a physical one.

They said his truck was found on highway 71. Highway 71 continues west along hwy 20 and then resume heading north much further west of Sac City. I haven't seen Union Rd mentioned. Of course reporting may not have been clear or correct.

I think his truck was found south of Juniata on Hwy 71.
View attachment 463850
It’s actually county blacktop N14. Many have been referring to it as hwy 71 because if you’re going north on hwy 71 south, and then cross hwy 20, you’re still on a hard surface road, but that road is county blacktop N14.

It’s actually county blacktop N14. Many have been referring to it as hwy 71 because if you’re going north on hwy 71 south, and then cross hwy 20, you’re still on a hard surface road, but that road is county blacktop N14.
Yes, thank you CCJ. You are correct in your clarification. There was much confusion over this (particularly mine!), so it's great to make sure we understand where the truck was actually found. So thanks again. :)

I don't think it's odd. The building likely has pigs worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. They can't risk disease and contamination unless it's warranted. These facilities take disease and contamination very serious. To prevent germs from entering the barns disinfectant is used as well as wearing coveralls and boots that are only worn in specific barns. In addition to that, most shower before entering the barns and before leaving. I believe LE would have requested a search warrant if they thought something happened in the hog building.
Well, at least, according to the FB post by JK of the UCN, they are concerned and are already looking into searching the barns. It sounds like they have volunteers who are qualified. At least let’s hope so. JMO

ETA: Just to clarify, This was a reply posted on his wife’s FB , about two hours ago.

I think my #1 is medical event. I have (variously) a 3500 dually truck, a 37' camper, a 30-something foot 6 horse trailer and a little 3 horse bumper pull which I've got out now. I use the (semi) truck pumps at gas stations because my diesel truck takes DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) and they have it on the pumps. So I'm hauling pretty big stuff and around even bigger stuff frequently. The trucks are just so big. You'd never want to load or drive the things if you didn't have to.

The only real opportunity for foul play would be at the loading site and if something happened to him there, it would make no sense to even load or drive the truck. Otherwise he would have had to have a second person in the truck who quietly overpowered him to leave the truck parked in a lane and make off with him. It just doesn't track to me as someone who hauls animals all over the US. The main thing you want to do when you're hauling animals is get there. If he wanted to do some sort of other activity, he could have done that before he picked up the load (or skipped it altogether).
If a medical event , where do you think he went? They searched that area thoroughly. I mean you could be right. But now the search team has indicated they have evidence that has led them to search other areas. We don’t know what evidence, but it must be something. Jmo

If a medical event , where do you think he went? They searched that area thoroughly. I mean you could be right. But now the search team has indicated they have evidence that has led them to search other areas. We don’t know what evidence, but it must be something. Jmo
I think he found an even more secluded area on foot and searchers simply haven't come across him yet.

I think it would be very common for truckers traveling alone with loads to perhaps keep a handgun with them when driving. We have heard no mention of any firearms, but I would love to know if he in fact had a handgun, if he had it with him, and if so, if it was found in the truck or not. I imagine LE have this info, and certainly wouldn't be sharing it, but it would tend to guide them in whatever their working theory is. JMO
True, although in many cases, the gun would be used to shoot an injured animal that somehow survived being hit by the truck. This is mating season, so there are deer all over the place in the Midwest, trying to find each other.

IMO LE has searched inside the pig facility, but other searchers are not allowed right now due to risk of disease and bio hazards. Sadly, I don't think he is missing accidently or voluntarily. I think all the answers are at the pick up point for the pigs and something was seen there that shouldn't have been. Someone else put the semi there and possibly made it look like it was put there haphazardly, but did know how to drive the semi. Again all IMO.
I tend to lean this way as well. His wife said he would never park and leave his truck like that, just sitting in the road. And she knows him better than anyone. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo