IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vague in the sense that they didn’t state that they don’t think there is any threat to the public, which leads me right back to the other alternative. Sadly.
Yes. No press conferences or additional requests for help from the public after the initial ask. Is the DCI or FBI involved? If so, I haven't seen that stated.

From other information, I think it was on Union Avenue (or 71 (kind of)) between 190th and 180th. This location also coincides with the LE release asking property owners to search their properties in NE Sac County.

The farm that he picked up from let them search all over outside but didn't want them in the facility, which is understandable because they are afraid of bringing disease in. I'm guessing, but I don't think anything happened at the pick up point.
They searched Brushy Creek (which is near where I grew up) for a reason. I suspect LE pointed them toward there and now they are searching west of Ft. Dodge and North of Rockwell City.

Personally, I think he will be found a few miles from the truck. All JMO.
Idk, after reading some of the FB comments on the Sheriff’s page, it may be a bad sign not letting them search inside the facility, imo.
Since that could be the last place he was seen , seems they could get a warrant. Jmo

From other information, I think it was on Union Avenue (or 71 (kind of)) between 190th and 180th. This location also coincides with the LE release asking property owners to search their properties in NE Sac County.

The farm that he picked up from let them search all over outside but didn't want them in the facility, which is understandable because they are afraid of bringing disease in. I'm guessing, but I don't think anything happened at the pick up point.
They searched Brushy Creek (which is near where I grew up) for a reason. I suspect LE pointed them toward there and now they are searching west of Ft. Dodge and North of Rockwell City.

Okay, thanks, @darring21. It was confusing because they reported it was found on 71. I had followed 71 all the way. So the truck actually bypassed the 71\20 exit and went straight north which turned into Union.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 10
Okay, thanks, @darring21. It was confusing because they reported it was found on 71. I had followed 71 all the way. So the truck actually bypassed the 71\20 exit and went straight north which turned into Union.
I think so, based on FB comments from a woman who lived near where the truck was found and a couple of guys that were going to search on ATVs. The original posts on location were vague - something like "71N of Old 20" and "5 miles north of Old 20".

Idk, after reading some of the FB comments on the Sheriff’s page, it may be a bad sign not letting them search inside the facility, imo.
Since that could be the last place he was seen , seems they could get a warrant. Jmo
Too far fetched, IMO. Tweekers killed him at the pig facility and then someone drove his truck and another followed to nearly his destination point. Seems very unlikely to me.

His poor family.

Initially I thought a medical episode was most likely, but since he hasn't been located near his truck, this seems unlikely.

Maybe he's voluntarily missing and staged the scene, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't abandon his truck/ load in this way.

Sorry to say it, but if he has been harmed, someone might have driven his truck away from the crime scene and staged this mystery-scene elsewhere. If so, that's brazen, and I hope the truth comes out quickly.

ETA: I've decided I currently lean toward he's voluntarily missing. If so, I hope he's safe and feeling okay.

Last edited:
This is a small town and area in Iowa. We don’t have media like the big cities.

s
There has been good media coverage, IMO. KTIV, Sioux City Journal, SiouxLand Proud, and many smaller outlets are covering. My point - is local LE asking for help in the investigation? If not, I'm hoping that means they have evidence which is leading them in a specific direction.

/

I don't know about where baby piggies are kept, but I do know adult hog buildings have been used to dispose of bodies in waste lagoons.

And pig farms have been disposal sites for bodies, they make short work of ‘evidence’.

ie Robert Pickton case.

ie. O/T but related.

Hogs eat people article.

Last edited:

Thanks for the local perspective. I agree that LE's comments about searching NE Sac County does seem to imply that the truck was found on Union, rather than the actual Hwy 71 after it jogs to the west.

The thing I find interesting is that his truck was found near the drop off destination. If something happened to him while loading, would they have driven it that far? Why not go north into Minnesota or somewhere like that? I’ve been questioning everything since I last talked to his wife. That stands out to me, but from what I understand while hauling livestock the truckers do not pull over unless they have no choice. It’s to heavy on the roads and shoulders. I was confident that he didn’t park the truck, but driving his truck in an area where people would recognize it and see it’s not him seems risky.

The thing I find interesting is that his truck was found near the drop off destination. If something happened to him while loading, would they have driven it that far? Why not go north into Minnesota or somewhere like that? I’ve been questioning everything since I last talked to his wife. That stands out to me, but from what I understand while hauling livestock the truckers do not pull over unless they have no choice. It’s to heavy on the roads and shoulders. I was confident that he didn’t park the truck, but driving his truck in an area where people would recognize it and see it’s not him seems risky.
It's dark in the middle of the night with no street lights where the truck was driving. Others traveling that area would be few and far between. Also people wouldn’t be able to see who was driving.

Last edited:
According to Google Maps, new Route 20 is very new, within the last 10-14 years.

This is the location of new Route 20 in 2009:

Same location in 2013:

And in 2021:

It looks like a lot has changed in the area quite recently, and things such as road names might be a bit of a muddle of people using both old and new names. That might be causing some confusion on the location of the truck.

its dark in the middle of the night with no street lights where the truck was driving. Others traveling that area would be few and far between. Also. people wouldn’t be able to see who was driving.
I still don’t understand the risk. Almost like they were taking the pigs close to insure they would get there.

I don’t think this is odd since there are likely hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of pigs in that building. They can’t risk disease and contamination unless it’s warranted.

Thank you for clarifying that point! Have you heard exactly where the truck was found and if it was running or had emergency flashers on when found?
I did read some comments on FB early on when they were looking for him and the truck about the intersection where it was found, but I don't believe I can post it here. I have not heard anything about whether the truck was running or had flashers, but in this article it mentions that the truck was sitting northbound on 71, which seems extremely odd because if it was heading toward Sac City, it was going in the wrong direction. It is also confusing, because if they are saying the truck was found about 5 miles north of the old Hwy 20 intersection, then there is no intersection right there. So I am wondering if they meant to say 5 miles north of new Hwy 20 intersection, even though technically Hwy 71 turns at Hwy 20 and then goes north again north of Early, IA.

These maps show northeast of Sac City, one shows 5 miles north of old hwy 20 and one shows 5 miles north of new hwy 20.

New hwy 20:
daveschultz002.png

Old hwy 20:
daveschultz003.png

I still don’t understand the risk. Almost like they were taking the pigs close to insure they would get there.
That could be. Maybe it was someone with a vested interest in the pigs. Perhaps they left the truck close by to make sure the pigs would be located and safely transported to the barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo