IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd been assuming (never assume!) Eagle Grove to Sac City would take a route something like this, all driving south and west:

View attachment 463837

But when I looked up the area where David's truck was found, I noticed it was very close to another trucking company. The address for that trucking company is a Sac City address, even though it's about four miles north of the actual city.

In fact almost everything in the image below is technically in Sac City. The yellow line is the road where David's truck was found, AFAIK:

View attachment 463838

Do we know if David was taking the baby pigs to a farm or processing plant, or to another trucking company who would then carry them the rest of the way to where they were going? If the latter, the location of his truck might not be strange after all. It might be exactly where he was supposed to be driving.
They said his truck was found on highway 71. Highway 71 continues west along hwy 20 and then resume heading north much further west of Sac City. I haven't seen Union Rd mentioned. Of course reporting may not have been clear or correct.

I think his truck was found south of Juniata on Hwy 71.
1700967496994.png

They said his truck was found on highway 71. Highway 71 continues west along hwy 20 and then resume heading north much further west of Sac City. I haven't seen Union Rd mentioned. Of course reporting may not have been clear or correct.

I think his truck was found south of Juniata on Hwy 71.
View attachment 463850

I was taking the location from the following linked post. Is it incorrect?

If you're right, that means David's truck was far past Sac City. And still loaded. And parked in a VERY conspicuous position on a much busier road.

Jake Rowley

Anyone wanting to be apart of the search for David Schultz on November 26th, please meet at Sparky’s One Stop off of Highway 20 and Highway 4 at 10:30am. The address is 2325 Marshall Ave Rockwell City. This will be the area of our command post to send people out into the surrounding areas. We have had evidence brought to our attention that makes us believe that our search efforts will be most effective West of Fort Dodge. We will continue to evolve search efforts based off evidence given to us by law enforcement. Please hang with us and continue to work with us during this citizen lead search effort. I would like to thank everybody that came out today to make our search efforts as impactful as possible. We look forward to seeing many volunteers over the next week to help bring closure to David Schultz family.

Jake Rowley

Anyone wanting to be apart of the search for David Schultz on November 26th, please meet at Sparky’s One Stop off of Highway 20 and Highway 4 at 10:30am. The address is 2325 Marshall Ave Rockwell City. This will be the area of our command post to send people out into the surrounding areas. We have had evidence brought to our attention that makes us believe that our search efforts will be most effective West of Fort Dodge. We will continue to evolve search efforts based off evidence given to us by law enforcement. Please hang with us and continue to work with us during this citizen lead search effort. I would like to thank everybody that came out today to make our search efforts as impactful as possible. We look forward to seeing many volunteers over the next week to help bring closure to David Schultz family.
Well that's interesting.
They were search Brushy's Creek State Park but are now focused west of Fort Dodge. Sparky's is the truck stop that I mentioned in an earlier post. It seems like the only place that a trucker would stop along that long stretch of Highway 20.

Did David stop at Sparky's? Did his bank card show a purchase? Was he caught on camera there? Was there a sighting of his truck there?

I'd been assuming (never assume!) Eagle Grove to Sac City would take a route something like this, all driving south and west:

View attachment 463837

But when I looked up the area where David's truck was found, I noticed it was very close to another trucking company. The address for that trucking company is a Sac City address, even though it's about four miles north of the actual city.

In fact almost everything in the image below is technically in Sac City. The yellow line is the road where David's truck was found, AFAIK:

View attachment 463838

Do we know if David was taking the baby pigs to a farm or processing plant, or to another trucking company who would then carry them the rest of the way to where they were going? If the latter, the location of his truck might not be strange after all. It might be exactly where he was supposed to be driving.
RSBM:
Do we know if David was taking the baby pigs to a farm or processing plant, or to another trucking company who would then carry them the rest of the way to where they were going?
Since they were baby pigs I would assume they were being hauled to a finishing farm/barn. Typically hogs remain at a finishing barn/farm until they are market weight @ 280 pounds.

Is there anything out there that gives us more insight into who David is as a person? For example, was he strictly a short haul driver? I saw that his wife said he was "always busy" in an interview. Was he burning the candle at both ends? Could there be financial issues he was trying to overcome?

I searched Iowa court records but gave up when I found two David Schultzes with the same middle initial both born in 1970.

David Schultz has been missing since Nov. 21st.

Last edited:
I plan on heading out to search today. The area being searched is actually quite close to where I live. He can’t survive outside in this brutal cold weather. I pray he’s somewhere safe and warm maybe going through a midlife crisis? Idk. Very strange case imo

I plan on heading out to search today. The area being searched is actually quite close to where I live. He can’t survive outside in this brutal cold weather. I pray he’s somewhere safe and warm maybe going through a midlife crisis? Idk. Very strange case imo
I'm hoping midlife crisis too, but can't understand why he wouldn't drop off the hogs and then go missing. Hope today is the day for some answers.

If I understand correctly LE isn't organizing the searches but citizen groups? Perhaps LE has leads we don't know about.

jmo

Am I allowed to post pictures of the search once I get there? I’d like to share the landscape etc.
You may post pictures of the area - please be careful about other people being in the pictures. Don't discuss details of the search that are not being disclosed in MSM or by LE, as that could affect the investigation.

Jake Rowley

bolded by me ^
Does the use of the phrase “help bring closure” imply they believe him to be deceased? I feel like that’s generally said for someone who has passed away, but maybe that’s not accurate thinking on my part.
MOO

bolded by me ^
Does the use of the phrase “help bring closure” imply they believe him to be deceased? I feel like that’s generally said for someone who has passed away, but maybe that’s not accurate thinking on my part.
MOO
I wonder if David was having mental health issues. Perhaps if he had been struggling with depression the family is presuming that he took his own life. But then that doesn't line up with family going along with the United Cajun Army search out at Brushy Creek.

I wonder if David was having mental health issues. Perhaps if he had been struggling with depression the family is presuming that he took his own life. But then that doesn't line up with family going along with the United Cajun Army search out at Brushy Creek.
Here's the thing.....there's no place to go out on that highway where his truck was found. It's farm fields with no crops in them this time of year, ditches and flat ground with very little to no woods in that area. If that was the case they would have found him by now.

Well that's interesting.
They were search Brushy's Creek State Park but are now focused west of Fort Dodge. Sparky's is the truck stop that I mentioned in an earlier post. It seems like the only place that a trucker would stop along that long stretch of Highway 20.

Did David stop at Sparky's? Did his bank card show a purchase? Was he caught on camera there? Was there a sighting of his truck there?
My fear is that someone did something to him between the truck stop and where the truck was found .
I just question if someone either entered his truck surreptitiously while he was inside the truck stop, or had a gun on him and forced their way in, or if maybe he picked someone up, hitchhiking/ wanting a ride.
I hope and pray this is not the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member