IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me ^
Does the use of the phrase “help bring closure” imply they believe him to be deceased? I feel like that’s generally said for someone who has passed away, but maybe that’s not accurate thinking on my part.
MOO
If you go to that post, Jake responds to a person who posed that very question to him. Also keep in mind, the chosen search areas are being dictated by information provided to the Cajun Navy (Jake) by LE.

JMO, there is likely evidence that was found which we are not privy too. That may explain the tone of Jake's statement and his follow-up answer.

If you go to that post, Jake responds to a person who posed that very question to him. Also keep in mind, the chosen search areas are being dictated by information provided to the Cajun Navy (Jake) by LE.

JMO, there is likely evidence that was found which we are not privy too. That may explain the tone of Jake's statement and his follow-up answer.
Oh, sorry, I don’t have a FB account, so I guess that’s why I couldn’t see any posts at the link you provided.

Is there anything out there that gives us more insight into who David is as a person? For example, was he strictly a short haul driver? I saw that his wife said he was "always busy" in an interview. Was he burning the candle at both ends? Could there be financial issues he was trying to overcome?

I searched Iowa court records but gave up when I found two David Schultzes with the same middle initial both born in 1970.
Everything I have read says he was a hard working family man.

Absolutely!

LE always holds back information in investigations.

I think ‘closure’ could also refer to a solution of any sort.

Are they deleting comments? I never found that one, nor the reply.
I did see a comment that the pig farms all have cameras, so maybe there’s some evidence there if something did happen there, or not.

They said his truck was found on highway 71. Highway 71 continues west along hwy 20 and then resume heading north much further west of Sac City. I haven't seen Union Rd mentioned. Of course reporting may not have been clear or correct.

I think his truck was found south of Juniata on Hwy 71.
View attachment 463850
I agree with your assessment, @Snoopster. They said it was “on 71, north of Old 20”. Five miles north of 20 on 71 would put the truck near the intersection of 170th st and 71. I don’t know if “old” 20 is a different road. Locals would know.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 11
I am a local, and Old 20 is the highway that goes straight into Sac City from the east, it is 255th st now, but most of us refer to it as Old 20 because Hwy 20 used to be that highway that went through Sac City and Lytton, until they built the new 4 lane that is now Hwy 20.
Screenshot_20231126_133227_Maps.jpg

I am a local, and Old 20 is the highway that goes straight into Sac City from the east, it is 255th st now, but most of us refer to it as Old 20 because Hwy 20 used to be that highway that went through Sac City and Lytton, until they built the new 4 lane that is now Hwy 20.
View attachment 463962
Thank you for clarifying that point! Have you heard exactly where the truck was found and if it was running or had emergency flashers on when found?

View attachment 463962
Thank you, @amandabanana! I am posting a corrected map. This would put the truck a bit north of 210th St. on 71. There is a weigh station near the intersection of 20 and 71, on 71. I wonder if there are cameras there. If so did they pick up the truck going by?
If someone accosted him when he picked up his load, did that person have someone waiting for him at the weigh station, (that was likely closed)? If that was the case, and it is a targeted crime, where would the perp leave the victim? Was the truck, jacket and personal items left in that area as a red herring?
If it was a planned disappearance, did David have someone waiting at the weigh station who followed him up the road a couple of miles, waited while he dumped his truck, and they left together?
If it is a medical or mental health issue, and he abandoned the truck where it was found, why hasn’t he been found by now?
The weigh station is about the only place nearby where someone could pull over without going into a culvert. If David was driving, why didn’t he pull in there?
Curious case.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 31
Thank you, @amandabanana! I am posting a corrected map. This would put the truck a bit north of 210th St. on 71. There is a weigh station near the intersection of 20 and 71, on 71. I wonder if there are cameras there. If so did they pick up the truck going by?
If someone accosted him when he picked up his load, did that person have someone waiting for him at the weigh station, (that was likely closed)? If that was the case, and it is a targeted crime, where would the perp leave the victim? Was the truck, jacket and personal items left in that area as a red herring?
If it was a planned disappearance, did David have someone waiting at the weigh station who followed him up the road a couple of miles, waited while he dumped his truck, and they left together?
If it is a medical or mental health issue, and he abandoned the truck where it was found, why hasn’t he been found by now?
The weigh station is about the only place nearby where someone could pull over without going into a culvert. If David was driving, why didn’t he pull in there?
Curious case.
From other information, I think it was on Union Avenue (or 71 (kind of)) between 190th and 180th. This location also coincides with the LE release asking property owners to search their properties in NE Sac County.

The farm that he picked up from let them search all over outside but didn't want them in the facility, which is understandable because they are afraid of bringing disease in. I'm guessing, but I don't think anything happened at the pick up point.
They searched Brushy Creek (which is near where I grew up) for a reason. I suspect LE pointed them toward there and now they are searching west of Ft. Dodge and North of Rockwell City.

Personally, I think he will be found a few miles from the truck. All JMO.

Last edited:
From other information, I think it was on Union Avenue (or 71) between 190th and 180th.

The farm that he picked up from let them search all over outside but didn't want them in the facility, which is understandable because they are afraid of bringing disease in. I'm guessing, but I don't think anything happened at the pick up point.
They searched Brushy Creek (which is near where I grew up) for a reason. I suspect LE pointed them toward there and now they are searching west of Ft. Dodge and North of Rockwell City.

Personally, I think he will be found a few miles from the truck. All JMO.
I don't think anything untoward happened at the pick-up location either. Whatever happened occurred on the route or when the truck stopped. But that's just a guess and not a very specific guess either. Very frustrating case.

jmo

Anyone finding it odd that LE is not speaking out more on this case at all? Interesting comments on the SCSO Flyer post dated 11/22.

Sac County Sheriff's Office

May be an image of 2 people and text
Vague in the sense that they didn’t state that they don’t think there is any threat to the public, which leads me right back to the other alternative. Sadly.

Very windy and cold here. 20 mph winds with 21 degree wind chill. Not with search party. I know some people in the area that gave me ideas where else to look just outside the search area. They have no inside information just thoughts of where to maybe look. It’s unheard around here to have 2 men missing that seem to just up and vanished. I’m baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo