IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to read the article linked. I did not hit a paywall.

I think SBM's post was to tell you the "attachment" didn't work - not the link. The attachment (usually an image) is what is missing.
That's correct. BTW, SBM = Snipped By Me (I originally snipped the entire content, but then I put it back when I saw it made my post look standalone rather than a reply, but I forgot to remove the SBM). The pixel is something some content providers do to images when they're behind a paywall or a login portal, other times they're blurred, YMMV.
And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread....

I’ve seen a few posts about suicide. I truly don’t believe that to be the case. Obviously, he could have hidden feelings from everyone, but someone would have had to have driven the truck there. If he drove, he would have been found in the area. I know things can be missed, but all of us have been looking.

I’ve seen a few posts about suicide. I truly don’t believe that to be the case. Obviously, he could have hidden feelings from everyone, but someone would have had to have driven the truck there. If he drove, he would have been found in the area. I know things can be missed, but all of us have been looking.
I agree and have said this as well.

Thank you. He seems sincerely invested in his family , and in working very hard, extra hard , to be a good provider.

I honestly don’t get where the “suicide” theory is coming from. But it seems that happens a lot on these threads.
Oh well. But, who knows. I certainly hope they’re wrong. JMO

Thank you. He seems sincerely invested in his family , and in working very hard, extra hard , to be a good provider.

I honestly don’t get where the “suicide” theory is coming from. But it seems that happens a lot on these threads.
I think for me, as in most cases here, we, the public, are not privy to all details so I constantly ask myself why I even read here, or read any crime sites. It just frustrates us and leads to potentially false paths if we are contemplating what may have happened based on severely limited information. But here we are!

I think the potential self harm theory came about because nowhere have we read that LE thinks this was a crime, and that someone is still on the loose. Not to say they aren’t leaning in that direction, quietly, but in many cases we will read that they say there’s no threat to the public if they think if it was self harm. And would a murderer dispose of his body in the area they’re searching?

It is a strange situation, for sure. And I change my mind on this frequently.

In a very rural area, how many Police officers would there be on a regular day??

Perhaps LE is so busy with both of these missing men, there is no time for pressers etc that would happen in a big city.

When I was very young, I lived in a semi rural town and there were two police officers for everything!

I think for me, as in most cases here, we, the public, are not privy to all details so I constantly ask myself why I even read here, or read any crime sites. It just frustrates us and leads to potentially false paths if we are contemplating what may have happened based on severely limited information. But here we are!

I think the potential self harm theory came about because nowhere have we read that LE thinks this was a crime, and that someone is still on the loose. Not to say they aren’t leaning in that direction, quietly, but in many cases we will read that they say there’s no threat to the public if they think if it was self harm. And would a murderer dispose of his body in the area they’re searching?

It is a strange situation, for sure. And I change my mind on this frequently.
With so many cases we follow there’s rumors and chatter on other sites. Even if we don't talk about it in here it’s in the back of our minds and it gives us a direction. We’re not seeing much of that with this one which also makes us try to come up with possibilities. jmo

With so many cases we follow there’s rumors and chatter on other sites. Even if we don't talk about it in here it’s in the back of our minds and it gives us a direction. We’re not seeing much of that with this one which also makes us try to come up with possibilities. jmo
Yes, I think we've gone through many possibilities and haven't come to any conclusions as we go through various theories. jmo

And ETA: I often do go along with a possible self harm theory, but that depends on the case. They’re all so very different.
I do want to say that I completely respect everyone’s different opinion on this, as we all have our own unique perspectives .
That’s actually one of the things I love about Websleuths! IMO

I think it might be as simple as , he got paid per load so the more loads he hauled the more money he made.
You’re right, there’s no evidence he was contemplating self harm, and to add, also no indication or information that he was…. suicidal; or psychotic; or suffered from any other mental health problems.

And most of the FB comments by those who are from the area and /or know him and /or know the hog hauling business believe he’s likely been a victim of foul play.
Hopefully his family will get more information soon. All JMO
The FB page I saw yesterday said, "Updates only, no rumors of speculation allowed."
Can't say I blame them.

Jake Rowley

Hello everyone Jake here Midwest team leader for United Cajun Navy today we did search again in a similar area to where our search efforts have took place up to this point yesterday we were able to search the entire west side of highway 71 from where the truck was found all the way south to Sac City today we were able to touch a lot of property along highway 20 as well as eliminate any areas on both sides of highway 71 search efforts may change a little bit tomorrow and that's why tonight I will not have as informative of an update for you as I normally have the Iowa department of criminal investigations made the call to step in today and that will change the way that we approach this situation from now on out we will treat ourselves as an asset to them if needed but we will allow them to be in charge and make the calls needed to bring David home! We will continue to be in the area everyday throughout the week and will announce details for tomorrow by 8 am
www.unitedcajunnavy.com

Very happy to hear the DCI is involved with the investigation! Curious to see if they will hold a press conference soon.

Jake Rowley

Hello everyone Jake here Midwest team leader for United Cajun Navy today we did search again in a similar area to where our search efforts have took place up to this point yesterday we were able to search the entire west side of highway 71 from where the truck was found all the way south to Sac City today we were able to touch a lot of property along highway 20 as well as eliminate any areas on both sides of highway 71 search efforts may change a little bit tomorrow and that's why tonight I will not have as informative of an update for you as I normally have the Iowa department of criminal investigations made the call to step in today and that will change the way that we approach this situation from now on out we will treat ourselves as an asset to them if needed but we will allow them to be in charge and make the calls needed to bring David home! We will continue to be in the area everyday throughout the week and will announce details for tomorrow by 8 am
www.unitedcajunnavy.com

Very happy to hear the DCI is involved with the investigation! Curious to see if they will hold a press conference soon.
If DCI is involved, does that mean they think this is criminal or are they involved because they have more resources and just happened to be named Department of Criminal Investigations?

If DCI is involved, does that mean they think this is criminal or are they involved because they have more resources and just happened to be named Department of Criminal Investigations?
Could be one or both reasons. Hopefully we hear it directly from DCI soon. Typically these State agencies step in to help smaller jurisdictions when invited.

And that alerts me right there cause he would never pull over to sleep load, he just wouldn’t,” said Sarah.
BBM

Her statement doesn’t make sense to me ? Because it kinda seems like she had prior knowledge of the truck being on the side of the road.

And that alerts me right there cause he would never pull over to sleep load, he just wouldn’t,” said Sarah.
BBM

Her statement doesn’t make sense to me ? Because it kinda seems like she had prior knowledge of the truck being on the side of the road.
JMO but she appears to contradict herself often unless the news reports are incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo