IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So has LE received/watched any videos nearby. The truck appeared to be headed the wrong way, which means it needs to turn around somewhere, right? It's not like a car that can do it on the road/small space. Someone must have seen it going around. Or on a truck stop or?
I still don't understand the Truck situation? It was on with 4-ways in the middle of the road for hours facing North when it should have been going South all while people just went around it all day without calling cops? Is that correct?

I still don't understand the Truck situation? It was on with 4-ways in the middle of the road for hours facing North when it should have been going South all while people just went around it all day without calling cops? Is that correct?
I am assuming it was in the northbound lane, facing north. It was in the "right" lane but "wrong" direction for where he was heading. It's strange to leave the truck in the road, but I don't think it was in the wrong-facing lane.

jmo

eta: to clarify, the truck was heading north but his destination was to the south of it.

I am assuming it was in the northbound lane, facing north. It was in the "right" lane but "wrong" direction for where he was heading. It's strange to leave the truck in the road, but I don't think it was in the wrong-facing lane.

jmo

eta: to clarify, the truck was heading north but his destination was to the south of it.

Well that makes it all crystal clear... And please know that isn't a dig at you it's just the whole situation with the truck could be explained and cleared up but they are choosing not to. But they were QUICK to "clear up confusion" on another traffic incident that happened in the same area, I don't know the answer, but I guarantee you I will add delivering hogs in Iowa right below trimming bud in Humboldt county on things I'm not going to do thanks to Websleuths.

This is the strangest case! Where can he possibly be? Somebody must know something ... all the searching hasn't found him or any evidence of him. Hoping for answers for his loved ones very soon, it must be awful for them not knowing what happened. Moo

I personally like to look at the most common CODs for someone the victim's age. So for men David's age, we have:
1. Cancer 25.6%
2. Heart Disease 23.8%
3. Unintentional Injury (eg accident) 9.5%
4. Chronic Liver Disease 4.5%
5. Diabetes 3.9%
6. Suicide 3.6%
7. Lower Respiratory Diseases 3.4%
8. Stroke 3.1%
9. Septicemia 1.4%
10. Kidney Disease 1.4%

So for a man David's age, it's over 67% likely that he had a medical event, 9.5% likely that he had an accident resulting in death, 3.6% likely that he self-harmed, and less than 1.4% likely that he was a victim of homicide. I use these numbers to inform my sleuthing, so unless there are obvious signs of foul play, foul play is ALWAYS below accident/self harm in my list of theories. Most people with severe medical issues aren't well enough to disappear, so that factors less, but I always include cardiac issues in my theories for middle aged folks.

I've long wanted to do an informal study of case resolutions on WS, but I haven't yet. So you'll have to take my word that outcomes follow the probabilities listed above.

Note: For men 1-19, homicide is .1% more likely than suicide, but sadly I think that is due to several mass shootings.
I'm not sure I agree with these numbers but, if we assume they're correct for argument's sake, I'm still not sure how much help they are. Context has a huge impact on making any attempt to connect them to any particular person.

All those men who died of cancer and heart disease: Where did they die? Hospital? Home? How was their underlying health? Had they been sick in the past year.....etc., etc., etc.

I'm not sure I agree with these numbers but, if we assume they're correct for argument's sake, I'm still not sure how much help they are. Context has a huge impact on making any attempt to connect them to any particular person.

All those men who died of cancer and heart disease: Where did they die? Hospital? Home? How was their underlying health? Had they been sick in the past year.....etc., etc., etc.
The list can help if you start at the top and eliminate which items don't fit this case. It can help eliminate things and think about what is most likely with the leftover items....if any. Maybe none of the items fit at all. This case is hard because there is so little info.

Of course, as we've been stating repeatedly, this conversation mulls over various ideas, both good ideas and not-so-good ideas to puzzle a puzzling case together.

If we knew all the answers from the start, we should join the FBI! ;)

jmo

I could easily see someone jacking with him on the road, forcing a stop, or him stopping to help somebody waving him down, but none of that explains his truck heading away from his destination. That's a really odd detail that is concerning. I wonder if his door was left open, or closed?

I could easily see someone jacking with him on the road, forcing a stop, or him stopping to help somebody waving him down, but none of that explains his truck heading away from his destination. That's a really odd detail that is concerning. I wonder if his door was left open, or closed?
And none of it really explains what the motive was. Wasn't his wallet found in the truck? Did it have money in it? Can't remember now. Does anyone else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126_200025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231126_200025_Chrome.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 41
"My husband would never do that," she said. "It had been parked there, I'm guessing, for about 12 hours from 3:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. People drove around it all day -- a big red truck -- and didn't turn it in."

And none of it really explains what the motive was. Wasn't his wallet found in the truck? Did it have money in it? Can't remember now. Does anyone else?
She said David's cell phone and wallet, which contained money, were found in the truck. The truck was pointing the wrong direction from where David was headed -- north, rather than south, according to Schultz. There was no sign of David, but his coat was located in a ditch on the opposite side of the road.

I have not seen it reported if the lights or flashers were on or off. I'm speculating they were both off since David's wife reported that a friend of her almost collided with the truck at aproximatly 5:30 AM as it was parked on the roadway.

It was reported that the engine of the truck had been turned off.

Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m.

JMO

Tuesday afternoon, David's truck was found northeast of Sac City, parked on northbound Highway 71, about five miles north of the old Highway 20 intersection. Schultz said the vehicle was turned off, but it wasn't pulled over to the side of the road. The trailer was still loaded with baby pigs.

Hey Everyone,
Our good friends at Othram are trying to raise money to help identify from 1958 Millard County John Doe. Please help if you can. Click on the link to read about the case and to donate. Thank you.
P.S. if you have questions please do not discuss on this thread. Go to the Othram thread.

According to this article, he was last heard from in the "early morning hours." And I've seen it in other links that the wife said the truck sat there from 3:30am to 3:30pm. I wonder how they know the time it sat there from, and who was the last known contact?

According to this article, he was last heard from in the "early morning hours." And I've seen it in other links that the wife said the truck sat there from 3:30am to 3:30pm. I wonder how they know the time it sat there from, and who was the last known contact?
I wish we had more info on that last contact. Had he loaded up, was en route to the destination site, and sent someone a quick text or phone call? Was that prior to getting gas, or after?

I think perhaps the 3:30am time could have been when his friend said he drove by his rig and almost hit it, as that seems to be the only person we're aware of so far who drove by it and recognized it, as it wasn't reported, so the friend would have known the time, approximately.

I wish we had more info on that last contact. Had he loaded up, was en route to the destination site, and sent someone a quick text or phone call? Was that prior to getting gas, or after?

I think perhaps the 3:30am time could have been when his friend said he drove by his rig and almost hit it, as that seems to be the only person we're aware of so far who drove by it and recognized it, as it wasn't reported, so the friend would have known the time, approximately.
Above, in one of the articles linked, it said that friend almost collided at 5:30, so I think there must be something else to tell them it was there at 3:30. I'm wondering if there was a call via radio or cell around that time. There are clearly some things LE knows here, that we do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo