IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! The missing loading clothes are critical, I think. Kinda surprised that didn't lead authorities down a foul play path immediately unless they thought someone who may not be in their right state of mind wouldn't care enough to take them off first and leave them in the truck.
I'm just thinking now how he apparently rushed at home to take a shower. Maybe that is totally normal, but now I wonder why take a shower if he was planning to load hogs into his truck, which seems like a messy job.

Maybe the shower was to wake him up, feel fresh, etc.

jmo

I'm just thinking now how he apparently rushed at home to take a shower. Maybe that is totally normal, but now I wonder why take a shower if he was planning to load hogs into his truck, which seems like a messy job.

Maybe the shower was to wake him up, feel fresh, etc.

jmo
True. And maybe he knew he'd be gone over 12 hours, maybe hadn't showered that day and was doing some hard work around the house.

Then there's the comment by family initially that said he may be in need of medical help. Was that just a generic fear, or does he have medical issues like needing insulin?

People who work with hogs have to shower at the site before leaving so they don’t carry diseases to other buildings. It’s law imo
How would his coveralls or "loading clothes" factor into that? Would they get hosed off as well? So you're saying anyone doing any kind of work on site literally gets into a shower, sans clothes, showers, and then also hoses off the loading clothes (which I assume they wear over regular clothes), and then gets back into their truck in a set of clean clothes (or at least what they were wearing under their loading clothes) and brings the loading clothes in their arms back into their truck, hosed off/clean?

I made a map that I hope helps you visualize the route. David picked up his load in Eagle Grove. He was supposed to drop it off in Sac City. He likely would have taken Hwy 20 west towards Sac City from Eagle Grove.
Driving in the westerly direction on Hwy 20, Sac City would come up on his left, to the south. Instead, David, (or someone), drove north which is N14\Union St. His truck was found facing nb in the middle of the road. He never dropped off his load in Sac City.
It should be noted that at this point, none of us knows which route the truck took that night, only where it ended up.
Edited to try and clarify some points.
Thank you so much, this is the most helpful map I’ve seen so far. I’ve been really struggling to visualize the route.
This sounds like a bad movie, but hear me out. Maybe someone with bad intentions called him on the phone or CB and said their vehicle was broken down and needed some help. He goes to where the semi was left to help the trucker/motorist who got in touch with him, exits the vehicle, leaving his personal items in it since he won’t be long. Then, something happens, he loses his jacket in the ditch, and he is taken away by whoever requested his help, injured or not, or worse.

Phone records would show if anyone called him of course. However, would there be any kind of record if he was responding to a call out on CB?

Edit: and it could explain why the truck was past the drop off point - he wanted to help someone out and it wasn’t that far out of his way to make a quick detour.
I really don’t think this idea is that far fetched, to me it feels almost like the most plausible here aside from David going missing voluntarily. From what I could gather with a quick search, I don’t think there’s a record of CB radio calls. I read that if you’re using CB nefariously, your location can be tracked/traced, but nothing beyond that. Interestingly, in this article (https://www.walcottradio.com/citizens-band-radio.php#:~:text=Can a CB radio be,station harrasing us poor truckers) if you scroll down about halfway, under “using CB radio” and “remember:”, rule number 4 says, “If you hear a call for help and if no-one else is providing assistance, give any help you can.” How seriously do truckers/CB radio users in general take these rules?

Another movie plot scenario. Is it possible someone was looking for a victim and said they needed help over CB, knowing that a trucker would likely stop for them at some point? Doing this in the middle of the night would also give them time to get things done and get out, possibly before anyone even knows the person is missing. I don’t know though, that would mean that this was completely random and could’ve been any trucker who happened to be in the area at the time..

ETA: fixed link!

How would his coveralls or "loading clothes" factor into that? Would they get hosed off as well? So you're saying anyone doing any kind of work on site literally gets into a shower, sans clothes, showers, and then also hoses off the loading clothes (which I assume they wear over regular clothes), and then gets back into their truck in a set of clean clothes (or at least what they were wearing under their loading clothes) and brings the loading clothes in their arms back into their truck, hosed off/clean?

I’m know my son had to shower when he does chores and loads pigs. But I guess if ur just loading I’m not sure of their protocol.
If the hauler crosses the barn line the hauler would need to shower/disinfect. Haulers don't usually help load and unload or cross the line. I'm not sure if he did or not. Having coveralls and boots makes me think he thought there was a least the possibility that he would need to help load and unload. jmo

Jake Rowley

Hi guys Jake here with United Cajun Navy and I want to give the update for search times and search party information for November 29th.

We will resume volunteer operations tomorrow at 10:30 am but we will be moving our command Post slightly closer to our intended search area the new command post and meeting area will be at the sac city hotel located at 103 Ash avenue Sac City Iowa.

Tommrow we will be searching a lot of new ground outside of Sac City heading east back towards highway 4
we have received a ton of property permissions today thanks to some amazing local volunteers that have connected us with local landowners and we can't thank you enough for your efforts.

Please consider joining us tomorrow morning at the Sac City hotel at 10:30 a.m. to be dispatched to an area that needs to be searched we hope and pray everyday that it will be the last day we need to respond to the area but we are committed to bring answers to Sarah and her family.

Thank you and God Bless!

David Schultz, 53, went missing last Tuesday morning. The Sac County man left home to haul a load of pigs on Monday, Nov. 20, at about 7:30 p.m.

"He gave me a kiss. He gave Nico a kiss. Joseph said what about me. He said, 'No time, buddy,' and he ran out. That was the last I seen of him," said Sarah Schultz, David Schultz's wife.

Sarah Schultz told KCCI his truck, with a load of pigs, was parked in the middle of the road. His wallet and cellphone were both found, but there has been no sign of her husband.

"I'm going through a process. Initially shock. Confusion and shock," Sarah Schultz said.

Lots of confusion as to where the truck was found.

According to this news report the truck was found here:

View attachment 464450
LE is also seen staging here as well in the video.

Yes! That’s the location I was referring to based on the info we had. See map on post #334. A lot of the early confusion stemmed from the fact that everyone was referring to Union St as Hwy 71. South of 20 the road is Hwy 71. North of 20 it turns into N14/Union St. 17 actually merges with 20 west for a while before turning north towards Juniata.

Has anyone other than David's wife, Sarah, said the truck was heading in the wrong direction?

She made that comment in one of the earliest articles, and I wonder if there's a possibility that at that point in time she didn't know exactly where David's drop-off point was. I believe she said she was often unaware of exactly where he was going and when.

The reason I say that is because there are businesses on N14/D15 where the truck was found, and they have Sac City addresses. So technically, David still could have been delivering to "Sac City" even though he appeared to be driving away from the city.

David Schultz, 53, went missing last Tuesday morning. The Sac County man left home to haul a load of pigs on Monday, Nov. 20, at about 7:30 p.m.

"He gave me a kiss. He gave Nico a kiss. Joseph said what about me. He said, 'No time, buddy,' and he ran out. That was the last I seen of him," said Sarah Schultz, David Schultz's wife.

Sarah Schultz told KCCI his truck, with a load of pigs, was parked in the middle of the road. His wallet and cellphone were both found, but there has been no sign of her husband.

"I'm going through a process. Initially shock. Confusion and shock," Sarah Schultz said.

I know it must be hard giving all these interviews while under extreme emotional duress, but he didn't kiss his other twin?? Wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo