IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above, in one of the articles linked, it said that friend almost collided at 5:30, so I think there must be something else to tell them it was there at 3:30. I'm wondering if there was a call via radio or cell around that time. There's obviously some things LE knows that we do not.
I agree. I'm thinking LE knows info from the cell phone/GPS that we don't know.

Or, maybe they are figuring the time based on the distance from the pick-up location??

jmo

Above, in one of the articles linked, it said that friend almost collided at 5:30, so I think there must be something else to tell them it was there at 3:30. I'm wondering if there was a call via radio or cell around that time. There's obviously some things LE knows that we do not.
Thanks. I'd read them all as they flew in but did not re-read them today. So a 2-hr gap. Hmm. Maybe someone else surfaced who drove by it, didn't report it at the time, but now after the publicity realized they saw it around 3:30 and reported it later.

And yet it has taken LE a week to potentially think of this as a crime, calling in DCI.

I still don't understand the Truck situation? It was on with 4-ways in the middle of the road for hours facing North when it should have been going South all while people just went around it all day without calling cops? Is that correct?
I made a map that I hope helps you visualize the route. David picked up his load in Eagle Grove. He was supposed to drop it off in Sac City. He likely would have taken Hwy 20 west towards Sac City from Eagle Grove.
Driving in the westerly direction on Hwy 20, Sac City would come up on his left, to the south. Instead, David, (or someone), drove north which is N14\Union St. His truck was found facing nb in the middle of the road. He never dropped off his load in Sac City.
It should be noted that at this point, none of us knows which route the truck took that night, only where it ended up.
Edited to try and clarify some points.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
I made a map that I hope helps you visualize the route. David picked up his load in Eagle Grove. He was supposed to drop it off in Sac City. He likely would have taken Hwy 20 west towards Sac City.
Driving in the westerly direction on Hwy 20, Sac City would come up on his left, to the south. Instead, David, (or someone), drove north which is N14\Union St. His truck was found facing nb in the middle of the road.
It should be noted that at this point, none of us knows which route the truck took that night, only where it ended up.
Thank you, this helps me visualize, as well.

I made a map that I hope helps you visualize the route. David picked up his load in Eagle Grove. He was supposed to drop it off in Sac City. He likely would have taken Hwy 20 west towards Sac City.
Driving in the westerly direction on Hwy 20, Sac City would come up on his left, to the south. Instead, David, (or someone), drove north which is N14\Union St. His truck was found facing nb in the middle of the road.
Great maps!

So his wife says he was last seen at home around 7:30pm that night. From Wall Lake to Eagle Grove is about 1 hour, 30 min. That would place him at the hog farm around 9:00, 9:30. How long does it or did it take to load? I have no idea what is typical. From Eagle Grove back to the Sac City area near his home would be just another 90 min. We've got a 6 hour window between 9:30pm (roughly) arrival and supposed 3:30am sighting of the truck. Was the truck on N14/Union St earlier?

It would be really interesting to know what prompted the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) to get involved with this case.

I think it points to the authorities believing foul play may be involved.

JMO

Above, in one of the articles linked, it said that friend almost collided at 5:30, so I think there must be something else to tell them it was there at 3:30. I'm wondering if there was a call via radio or cell around that time. There are clearly some things LE knows here, that we do not.
Truck was found on HWY 4 about 5 miles going North

Great maps!

So his wife says he was last seen at home around 7:30pm that night. From Wall Lake to Eagle Grove is about 1 hour, 30 min. That would place him at the hog farm around 9:00, 9:30. How long does it or did it take to load? I have no idea what is typical. From Eagle Grove back to the Sac City area near his home would be just another 90 min. We've got a 6 hour window between 9:30pm (roughly) arrival and supposed 3:30am sighting of the truck. Was the truck on N14/Union St earlier?
I am not sure how long it takes. I’m attaching a discussion with truckers talking about how long it takes to load a semi with pigs. There are a lot of ifs involved. We don’t know how many people were available to help him, if any. Were they sorted, etc? I think someone had said upthread that it takes about an hour and a half. That would put him back in the Sac City area maybe between 1:00 am and 2:00 if not earlier.
I imagine that stretch of road is very quiet at that hour, so it could have been there earlier than 3:30. Or do the missing hours account for whatever was happening to David?

I am not sure how long it takes. I’m attaching a discussion with truckers talking about how long it takes to load a semi with pigs. There are a lot of ifs involved. We don’t know how many people were available to help him, if any. Were they sorted, etc? I think someone had said upthread that it takes about an hour and a half. That would put him back in the Sac City area maybe between 1:00 am and 2:00 if not earlier.
I imagine that stretch of road is very quiet at that hour, so it could have been there earlier than 3:30. Or do the missing hours account for whatever was happening to David?
Yes, I imagine there could be a lot of variables for sure.

Your attachment didn't come through...

Truck was found on HWY 4 about 5 miles going North
I thought they said Hwy 71, about 5 miles north of old Hwy 20, aka 255th st.?
“On the afternoon of Nov. 21, the semi-trailer David Schultz was driving was found unlocked, parked in the middle of the road on U.S. Highway 71 northeast of Sac City, according to Sarah Schultz.”

This sounds like a bad movie, but hear me out. Maybe someone with bad intentions called him on the phone or CB and said their vehicle was broken down and needed some help. He goes to where the semi was left to help the trucker/motorist who got in touch with him, exits the vehicle, leaving his personal items in it since he won’t be long. Then, something happens, he loses his jacket in the ditch, and he is taken away by whoever requested his help, injured or not, or worse.

Phone records would show if anyone called him of course. However, would there be any kind of record if he was responding to a call out on CB?

Edit: and it could explain why the truck was past the drop off point - he wanted to help someone out and it wasn’t that far out of his way to make a quick detour.

This sounds like a bad movie, but hear me out. Maybe someone with bad intentions called him on the phone or CB and said their vehicle was broken down and needed some help. He goes to where the semi was left to help the trucker/motorist who got in touch with him, exits the vehicle, leaving his personal items in it since he won’t be long. Then, something happens, he loses his jacket in the ditch, and he is taken away by whoever requested his help, injured or not, or worse.

Phone records would show if anyone called him of course. However, would there be any kind of record if he was responding to a call out on CB?

Edit: and it could explain why the truck was past the drop off point - he wanted to help someone out and it wasn’t that far out of his way to make a quick detour.
I think that's a valid theory. And then I wonder - why remove him from the scene and not just harm him if that was their goal?

True. The only things I can think of would be he owed a debt to someone or angered someone and they wanted to teach him a lesson. Farfetched, I know.
I don't think that's farfetched at all. He may not have even been in the truck after loading, or after getting gas en route to the destination. He could have been taken somewhere and then someone else said gosh, we need to get the rig out of here and that was the best way they could "hide" it, although I think there'd be better ways to ditch it to not find it for days. Maybe they didn't want the pigs to suffer and hoped someone would spot it, and finish the delivery since it was close to the destination.

I could easily see someone jacking with him on the road, forcing a stop, or him stopping to help somebody waving him down, but none of that explains his truck heading away from his destination. That's a really odd detail that is concerning. I wonder if his door was left open, or closed?
that^^^, added to his 'loading clothes' not being in the truck. And him not using cell or CB radio to make distress call.

It makes me think he wasn't the last person driving this truck

that^^^, added to his 'loading clothes' not being in the truck. And him not using cell or CB radio to make distress call.

It makes me think he wasn't the last person driving this truck
Yes! The missing loading clothes are critical, I think. Kinda surprised that didn't lead authorities down a foul play path immediately unless they thought someone who may not be in their right state of mind wouldn't care enough to take them off first and leave them in the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo