IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t his phone found in the truck? So the searches are also in areas near the truck? Sorry, I just have trouble following the various location info.
From the Searcher's Facebook from a few days ago, "up to this point yesterday, we were able to search the entire west side of highway 71 from where the truck was found all the way south to Sac City.
today we were able to touch a lot of property along highway 20 as well as eliminate any areas on both sides of highway 71." So, it looks like they have.

I agree! Why even mention that part? His poor son may have to live with that being said to him for the rest of his life, no need to put it out in the media.
I don't take it as a bad comment to the son, tbh. Though I'm no longer in the midwest, I grew up with midwestern farmers in my extended family, and I see the comment as a light-hearted, joshing good-bye between a father and son. I don't think it meant anything bad at all and I sure hope the son isn't influenced by outsider reaction to it. I think it was a casual "see you later, kid" gesture.

The only meaning I take from it is that I don't think David purposely disappeared. If he did, I think he wouldn't have passed up an opportunity for a hug before leaving home.

jmopinion

Just a thought I had…
Are rewards for information on missing persons usually helpful? <modsnip - discussion of fundraising is limited to new info not available in MSM or LE>
In my observation, rewards rarely bring in tips. They are useful to keep the story in the news, and I think that is why rewards often happen at a bit of delay and are increased over time - it's to give something for reporters to have an update and keep the coverage going. In this case, it's still in the news so no real need for the reward.

Most people really don't need a reward to motivate them to report a tip. If they aren't the type to report a tip in the first place because it's the right thing to do, money really doesn't change that, imo.

my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone think of examples of a fatal accident that could realistically happen at the site and be covered-up, though?

What causes most fatal accidents on farms?

In addition to machinery and maintenance concerns,[tractor turnovers] many farm accidents happen because of equipment falling on the users or surrounding workers. These massive machines can cause broken brokes, internal bleeding, and even fatalities.Feb 22, 2023

Also electrocutions, and machinery mishaps.

Last edited:
If there was a conspiracy to cover up what ever happened at the unloading site I don't think someone there would have called the guy who is responsible for setting up the trucks hauling the loads, if that is how he was informed David didn't deliver his load, to say David never showed up with the load of Little Oinkers.

I guess someone at the loading site could say "Yep, loaded here and left around midnight", but to get everyone there to commit to that would be task. When LE starts interviewing employees there would be so many inconsistency it would become apparent right away they were on the right track.

MO
ALL of the above is true and logical. But since Iowa has reportedly one of the biggest problems with Meth in the nation---potentially adding meth to the situation changes everything. The perps would be impulsive, irrational and not do the logical things that we expect. They wouldn't think things through logically. JMO

ALL of the above is true and logical. But since Iowa has reportedly one of the biggest problems with Meth in the nation---potentially adding meth to the situation changes everything. The perps would be impulsive, irrational and not do the logical things that we expect. They wouldn't think things through logically. JMO
Where did you read or learn that Iowa reportedly has the biggest problem with Meth in the nation?

Where did you read or learn that Iowa reportedly has the biggest problem with Meth in the nation?

I said " Iowa has reportedly one of the biggest problems with Meth in the nation..."

It was posted just upthread I believe---unless maybe I saw the article in a private?

I'll try and find it
brb

ETA:

A study by Public Science Collaborative shows methamphetamine use in Iowa is increasing at a faster rate than the country as a whole. In 2011, it represented 21% of all chemicals identified in Iowa drug seizure lab tests. In 2019, that more than doubled to 44%.

Assistant Special Agent in Charge with DEA Steve Bell says the meth seen in Iowa today is far purer and more potent than ever before.

ADDICTED: Iowa leads the pack in meth usage​

Last edited:
Looking at Google Maps satellite view, the North Raccoon River and Cedar Creek look like they could have a decent current depending on depth of the water. Are they full this time of year, or rather dry?
I know the Raccoon River is very dry and would assume most rivers in this area are as well. We have been in a drought for several years now.

And why even add that detail at all? I guess it bothers me, like smearing someone, telling a secret too soon. Why was it relevant to include. Probably innocuous but we're picking at anything here.

ETA: Regarding the quote about him saying he did not have enough time to kiss his second son.
This poor women has went over and over every detail to figure it out. We do not know the situation. Could of been a joke etc.

Seems very much out of character for how his wife describes him.
And
And why even add that detail at all? I guess it bothers me, like smearing someone, telling a secret too soon. Why was it relevant to include. Probably innocuous but we're picking at anything here.

ETA: Regarding the quote about him saying he did not have enough time to kiss his second son.
I also think it could be that she is thinking about it over and over like what if that was the last time they saw him and last thing their son will remember? Very odd to single the one kid out and also somewhat odd to mention that in interview as well.

Why is LE so quiet and not asking for the public's help? Our only hints of activity is with the search teams, who have not been successful in locating DS. Where is the public outcry, I have found little MSM follow-up or interest (only a few outlets repeating the same few statements from early days). Truckers are VIP in Iowa pork production!
There has to be camera sightings. Did he stop at Sparky's before heading north on Hwy 71 with his loaded trailer? Hunter's may be a valuable resource in recovery efforts; cold temps will preserve remains and possibly the cause of death. RE no time to kiss the child, maybe DS couldn't get him to put down the game console to see him off, time ran out, and he had to leave. If DS was intentionally leaving his children, his behavior would have been different IMO.
This is so baffling. What is the logical motive. (An alien abduction? j/k)
There is a great demand for truckers in the pork production business - "20 Iowa Pork Facts"

According to this article that was posted early on DS had another load to pick up.

According to law enforcement, family and friends report last hearing from 53-year-old David Schultz of Wall Lake during the early morning hours of Tuesday, Nov. 21. Schultz, who is a trucker, was en route from Eagle Grove to Sac City to deliver hogs, but did not complete the delivery or pick up his next load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member