IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning towards foul play-I would say accident, but his body would certainly be in the vicinity of his truck- even hit and run-they wouldn’t move the body, imo. I don’t think this is a “I need to get away” or “take my life scenario”. Or, maybe he saw something he wasn’t supposed to see! A few years ago, a friend‘s son, senior in high school, had gone to a party here-small house party. He left the party to go to store. On a back road, he sees a fight at a stop light and 2 motorcycle guys beating someone up. He didn’t say or do anything, left and they followed him back to the party, shot and killed him in his truck. Terribly sad, and one is out on bond and no trial date-it’s been over 2 years!

I am leaning towards foul play-I would say accident, but his body would certainly be in the vicinity of his truck- even hit and run-they wouldn’t move the body, imo. I don’t think this is a “I need to get away” or “take my life scenario”. Or, maybe he saw something he wasn’t supposed to see! A few years ago, a friend‘s son, senior in high school, had gone to a party here-small house party. He left the party to go to store. On a back road, he sees a fight at a stop light and 2 motorcycle guys beating someone up. He didn’t say or do anything, left and they followed him back to the party, shot and killed him in his truck. Terribly sad, and one is out on bond and no trial date-it’s been over 2 years!
I am so sorry for your friend and her son!! That is just horrific.

That’s a great example, I think, that perhaps something like that could have happened here and that DS wasn't even directly involved.

David's wife, Sarah, told Local 5 that his family means everything to him, and that he would never disappear on his own.

“Late in the afternoon, I found out that he missed a load, and I just got sick to my stomach,” she recalled. "He would never miss a load, he’s their guy. From then on I knew something was bad wrong.”

"I want him home. You know, my kids need their dad," Schultz said. "He's a good man, I just, I want my David ... he's mine. And someone took him, I know someone took him."

The Sac County Sheriff's Office said Thursday there are no updates on the case.

Day nine - still no press conference or even a media interview with LE. They sure seem to be keeping this case quiet, hope that mean progress is being made behind the scenes.

I am so sorry for your friend and her son!! That is just horrific.

That’s a great example, I think, that perhaps something like that could have happened here and that DS wasn't even directly involved.
I was thinking about my grandparents very large dairy farm in Northern Cali. I spent a lot of time there in the summers with my cousins.

I didn't understand exactly what was going on at the time, being young---but my 16 yr old cousin began to figure out that two ranch hands, that worked on the weekends, were selling lots of milk without reporting it to my granddad.

I just remembered it created a big problem because they were fired but my cousins felt threatened by them etc.

So made me wonder if DS stumbled into something like that?

I was thinking about my grandparents very large dairy farm in Northern Cali. I spent a lot of time there in the summers with my cousins.

I didn't understand exactly what was going on at the time, being young---but my 16 yr old cousin began to figure out that two ranch hands, that worked on the weekends, were selling lots of milk without reporting it to my granddad.

I just remembered it created a big problem because they were fired but my cousins felt threatened by them etc.

I hope your cousin never suffered any repercussions for figuring that out. I can certainly see why he would have been afraid! Me as well!

It is such a mystery as to why they haven’t found him yet.

Were they just selling it, like, off a truck or something?
Some of those raw milk people can get a wee bit fanatical, that's for sure.

David was picking up from a pig farm.

whatever happened, he needed to be disposed of and where better than a pig farm?

He was loading baby pigs but that means, doesn’t it, that there are also hogs/sows on site.

who drove his truck? Who knows? A red herring, take it away from the area then toss his jacket out.

i had hoped that it was a medical emergency and he would be found but not now. Too much time has passed.

IMO, JMO

Were they just selling it, like, off a truck or something?
Some of those raw milk people can get a wee bit fanatical, that's for sure.
No, they were giving them raw milk in a tank on back of a truck truck. I think it was then taken to be processed. It was the regular way it was sold but the farm workers were cutting out the owner and selling it themselves at cheaper cost, I imagine. Highly illegal, I'm sure.

I don't take it as a bad comment to the son, tbh. Though I'm no longer in the midwest, I grew up with midwestern farmers in my extended family, and I see the comment as a light-hearted, joshing good-bye between a father and son. I don't think it meant anything bad at all and I sure hope the son isn't influenced by outsider reaction to it. I think it was a casual "see you later, kid" gesture.

The only meaning I take from it is that I don't think David purposely disappeared. If he did, I think he wouldn't have passed up an opportunity for a hug before leaving home.

jmopinion
Plus he was in a hurry, and stressed and upset because he thought was going to be late. This according to his phone call to dispatch.

David's wife, Sarah, told Local 5 that his family means everything to him, and that he would never disappear on his own.

“Late in the afternoon, I found out that he missed a load, and I just got sick to my stomach,” she recalled. "He would never miss a load, he’s their guy. From then on I knew something was bad wrong.”

"I want him home. You know, my kids need their dad," Schultz said. "He's a good man, I just, I want my David ... he's mine. And someone took him, I know someone took him."

The Sac County Sheriff's Office said Thursday there are no updates on the case.

Day nine - still no press conference or even a media interview with LE. They sure seem to be keeping this case quiet, hope that mean progress is being made behind the scenes.
I thought she found out on Tuesday morning when the guy her husband hauls for came to her house.

I thought she found out on Tuesday morning when the guy her husband hauls for came to her house.
The story has always been that the employer came to the house Tuesday morning and said they couldn’t find David. I believe she also said that he had picked up his load, but never delivered it. She then said that the police had called her on Tuesday afternoon from David’s cell and that they had found his truck still loaded parked in the middle of the road.
We learned in recent days that David apparently had another job scheduled after the Eagle Grove run. I’m wondering if this might be the missed load she was referring to since she didn’t call it a missed drop off/unload?
The facts in this case are very murky. We have very little factual information to go on. I believe that the Sac County SO initially thought this was a non foul play case. By Wednesday, however, when they asked local residents to check properties/outbuildings/barns, they specifically asked them to look for anything out of the ordinary and if they found anything out of the ordinary to “not disturb the vicinity, and leave items in place”. This sounds like crime scene preservation and if someone were to find David’s body in a scene that seemed to indicate self harm, LE wanted to be sure that that scene was not staged.
Another observation that I think indicates LE were becoming suspicious of foul play was that after the initial searches in the vicinity of the found truck and also David’s jacket, the next searches, which included both LE and the United Cajun Navy, took place around Sparky’s. That is about 15 miles from where the truck was found. If you thought someone was sick or injured and out on foot, would you be searching 15 miles from where their vehicle was found? I think not. A missing person’s search is centered at the spot the victim was last seen and spirals out in ever broadening circles. For that reason, I believe Sparky’s is the last location they can positively place David; either by video or personal contact like a cashier. (Early reports indicated that David was last heard from early Tuesday morning. LE has never said who that last contact was with.)

1701442275478.png

The story has always been that the employer came to the house Tuesday morning and said they couldn’t find David. I believe she also said that he had picked up his load, but never delivered it. She then said that the police had called her on Tuesday afternoon from David’s cell and that they had found his truck still loaded parked in the middle of the road.
We learned in recent days that David apparently had another job scheduled after the Eagle Grove run. I’m wondering if this might be the missed load she was referring to since she didn’t call it a missed drop off/unload?
The facts in this case are very murky. We have very little factual information to go on. I believe that the Sac County SO initially thought this was a non foul play case. By Wednesday, however, when they asked local residents to check properties/outbuildings/barns, they specifically asked them to look for anything out of the ordinary and if they found anything out of the ordinary to “not disturb the vicinity, and leave items in place”. This sounds like crime scene preservation and if someone were to find David’s body in a scene that seemed to indicate self harm, LE wanted to be sure that that scene was not staged.
Another observation that I think indicates LE were becoming suspicious of foul play was that after the initial searches in the vicinity of the found truck and also David’s jacket, the next searches, which included both LE and the United Cajun Navy, took place around Sparky’s. That is about 15 miles from where the truck was found. If you thought someone was sick or injured and out on foot, would you be searching 15 miles from where their vehicle was found? I think not. A missing person’s search is centered at the spot the victim was last seen and spirals out in ever broadening circles. For that reason, I believe Sparky’s is the last location they can positively place David; either by video or personal contact like a cashier. (Early reports indicated that David was last heard from early Tuesday morning. LE has never said who that last contact was with.)

View attachment 465102
I also believe it is foul play. At first I didn't. Yes, I agree the details are very murky. Also, the inconsistencies in the stories is frustrating. I live in small town rural Iowa, on the other side of the state, and this sort of thing just doesn't happen. I think it's human nature to try and make sense out of something that is not making sense at all. I know LE have many details the public is not privy to. I just wish at some point we could get a press conference or something to get an idea of what may have actually happened. I would like to see the family get some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member