IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached before he turned north. Flagged down as he rolled up to the stop sign. Truck then driven off to a more remote location towards the north, somewhere less likely to be spotted by passing vehicles than a busy 4 lane highway interchange. Somewhere David could be transferred to another vehicle and then taken somewhere else. Likely killed.

Who ever, and it would have taken more than one, could have driven away in any one of four directions from where the truck was found. D15 east or west, N14 north or south.

JMO
No way. He wasn't car jacked in a semi at a lighted off ramp from an interstate. This is the intersection from 20.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40
Maybe someone did get in his cab when he was at the stop for 16 minutes. Would David give a ride to someone? Either way, the idea of gunpoint and robbery kinda makes sense now. They or the person told David to go the wrong way. Maybe David convinced the person to to turn around for some reason. When they realized David didn't have anything to steal, they called for a quick pick-up and took David with them. They don't want to get caught, so they have to do what they think they need to do. Get rid and dispose. He could be any where.

I still find it strange that nothing appears to have been taken. It wasn't for the pigs. It wasn't for the truck. It wasn't for David's cellphone or wallet. It wasn't for cash, credit cards, or even ID.

The only thing missing is David, and that doesn't really sound like a typical random attack.

A targeted attack, sure.

My problem with that idea is that looking at the Hwy 20/71 junction, it doesn't look particularly easy to block the road and force somebody to turn the wrong way. My gut is telling me David chose to go North, I just don't have any idea why he would.

No way. He wasn't car jacked in a semi at a lighted off ramp from an interstate. This is the intersection from 20.
There are lights down at the intersection, but no lights on the exit ramp between where you exit Hwy 20 and turn left to go to Sac City or right to go north to where the truck was found.

Someone could have stopped David, blocked his path, ect further up the exit ramp from the lights where it would have been dark, but still far enough away to not create a suspicious scene from vehicles passing by on Hwy 20. Not that there is a lot of traffic at that time of night.

Given the "Porch Light" on the trailer someone could have known it was David a fairly long ways away if he was targeted. Especially if someone knew David should be rolling down this ramp at a certain time.

JMO

Hwy 20 Exit 82 off ramp.jpg

There are lights down at the intersection, but no lights on the exit ramp between where you exit Hwy 20 and turn left to go to Sac City or right to go north to where the truck was found.

Someone could have stopped David, blocked his path, ect further up the exit ramp from the lights where it would have been dark, but still far enough away to not create a suspicious scene from vehicles passing by on Hwy 20. Not that there is a lot of traffic at that time of night.

Given the "Porch Light" on the trailer someone could have known it was David a fairly long ways away if he was targeted. Especially if someone knew David should be rolling down this ramp at a certain time.

JMO

View attachment 466976
His lights would be on and whatever is blocking the exit ramp would be visible to the cars going by on 20. If someone wanted to target him, there would be many less traveled spots than an exit ramp of a busy highway. The targeters would also presume that as he is slowing down the truck, he isn't going to tell someone on the CB or call 911. It is difficult to surprise someone up in a semi.

I still find it strange that nothing appears to have been taken. It wasn't for the pigs. It wasn't for the truck. It wasn't for David's cellphone or wallet. It wasn't for cash, credit cards, or even ID.

The only thing missing is David, and that doesn't really sound like a typical random attack.

A targeted attack, sure.

My problem with that idea is that looking at the Hwy 20/71 junction, it doesn't look particularly easy to block the road and force somebody to turn the wrong way. My gut is telling me David chose to go North, I just don't have any idea why he would.
Another theory…

I go back to a possible drug slant of some sort, mostly one that he was not directly involved with at all. Meaning, perhaps someone at his loading point ordered him to meet someone on that portion of N14 to drop something off to them. He wasn’t on board with the idea, but felt he had no choice. Or perhaps he had no idea what was involved... Was just told to make a quick turn north en route to the destination and give someone a package. Once he got to the parked destination, the recipient wasn’t happy with what they were given and took it out on him?

That would not explain the 18 min time gap, tho.

A targeted attack, sure.

What's the chances David made the wrong turn or choose to go the wrong way and just happened to get attacked after doing so??????

That's my friends would be the un-luckiest man in the world IMO.

If David didn't stop on the ramp waiting for 15 or so minutes for someone to show up in their car, then drive his truck north with that person following, park his truck, jump in that person's car and disappear to a new life, then he was targeted because he was David. Hired hit, jealous person, he was complicating things for someone else, these are just some of the many motives as to why people are killed or somone has someone killed.

JMO

Last edited:
Here is something to ponder.

LE knows how long David's phone would have shown he or at least his phone was at the Hwy 20/Hwy71 interchange if he would have been stopped there for any amount of time. They just didn't say.

quick question, did LE ever say he arrived at pick up point alone? If he had someone in the truck with him and they didn't get out while he was loading up, would anyone else know that person was even in there?

Here is something to ponder.

LE knows how long David's phone would have shown he or at least his phone was at the Hwy 20/Hwy71 interchange if he would have been stopped there for any amount of time. They just didn't say.
How exactly does the targeted on the off ramp work? At least two people in a vehicle somehow block the exit ramp to get him to stop the truck. David slows down to a stop, puts flashers on, and isn't suspicious of what is going on so he doesn't call dispatch or someone on the CB or LE. He gets out of the truck to help and they pull a gun on him? He just complies - doesn't try to run or put up any fight and gets in their car. Do the tie him up or does he just ride along? One of them gets in the truck and they all drive north a few miles. They leave the truck and take David somewhere else to kill him? I just don't understand how this would realistically go down.

His lights would be on and whatever is blocking the exit ramp would be visible to the cars going by on 20. If someone wanted to target him, there would be many less traveled spots than an exit ramp of a busy highway. The targeters would also presume that as he is slowing down the truck, he isn't going to tell someone on the CB or call 911. It is difficult to surprise someone up in a semi.
Maybe David didn't have time to call anyone. People that are car-jacked don't have a chance to call 911 when they get suprised by somoene opening their door and ordering them out of their vehicle.

Here is another possibility.

Let say David was targeted. Vehicle could have been tailing David for miles along Hwy 20 as he drove west towards the Sac City exit. As David rolled up on the exit the vehicle passed him ahead of time knowing David would be taking the exit ahead. Slowed down in front of him after taking the exit. Stopped in the middle of the road causing David to stop behind them. Someone jumped out, attacked David, points a gun at David, tells David to do as told, makes David get into vehicle, assailant drives truck north while vehicle follows or makes David drive north as vehicle follows, parks truck, everyone gets in vehicle, rest is history. Doesn't seem likely that someone would have stayed there on the exit ramp for any amount of time though to account for the extra time it must have taken to drive 4 miles.

This case keeps getting weirder. The only scenario that makes and sort of sense to me personally is that someone got in his truck at the truck stop. I wonder how well-covered that area is with cameras. They know when he arrived and left, yes, but would the camera angle(s) have shown if someone got in his cab? But then this doesn't even make much sense to me unless it was more than one person involved and someone followed them in another vehicle because the interloper abandoned his truck out in the middle of nowhere. And what would the motive be when the truck and his wallet were left behind?

A targeted attack wouldn't make sense unless he communicated with someone earlier that he'd be stopped at that truck stop at approx what time. This is so strange.

Something I've been curious about but hesitant to mention. Sarah said David had worked all day and arrived home at 7:30 pm that night. He washed up, changed clothes and was out the door to do the Seaboard load. How tired was David at that point? Could he have planned to meet up with someone for an energy boost?

What did his day look like on Thursday, 11/21? Was he scheduled to do early loads that day? Meaning, he wouldn't have an opportunity to get some sleep?

This case keeps getting weirder. The only scenario that makes and sort of sense to me personally is that someone got in his truck at the truck stop. I wonder how well-covered that area is with cameras. They know when he arrived and left, yes, but would the camera angle(s) have shown if someone got in his cab? But then this doesn't even make much sense to me unless it was more than one person involved and someone followed them in another vehicle because the interloper abandoned his truck out in the middle of nowhere. And what would the motive be when the truck and his wallet were left behind?

A targeted attack wouldn't make sense unless he communicated with someone earlier that he'd be stopped at that truck stop at approx what time. This is so strange.
It could be a targeted attack. Maybe this person has some familiarity with his route and time of day he hauls. Was at the truck stop waiting in a vehicle with someone else. And one of them jump in and make DS drive at gun point. Some sort of altercation happens in the truck on the exit ramp and that person now has to get his semi moved. Maybe not familiar with driving a semi, thus taking the 20 minutes to go the 4 miles north on Union. I know I’m reaching here, but again anything is possible. This is all just my opinion

What's the chances David made the wrong turn or choose to go the wrong way and just happened to get attacked after doing so??????

That's my friends would be the un-luckiest man in the world IMO.

If David didn't stop on the ramp waiting for 15 or so minutes for someone to show up in their car, then drive his truck north with that person following, park his truck, jump in that person's car and disappear to a new life, then he was targeted because he was David. Hired hit, jealous person, he was complicating things for someone else, these are just some of the many motives as to why people are killed or somone has someone killed.

JMO

I'm not at all convinced David was attacked. Not yet. There simply isn't enough evidence one way or the other.

There are so many reasons why David might have chosen to drive north completely of his own free will, and I don't think any of them have been totally ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216