IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case keeps getting weirder. The only scenario that makes and sort of sense to me personally is that someone got in his truck at the truck stop. I wonder how well-covered that area is with cameras. They know when he arrived and left, yes, but would the camera angle(s) have shown if someone got in his cab? But then this doesn't even make much sense to me unless it was more than one person involved and someone followed them in another vehicle because the interloper abandoned his truck out in the middle of nowhere. And what would the motive be when the truck and his wallet were left behind?

A targeted attack wouldn't make sense unless he communicated with someone earlier that he'd be stopped at that truck stop at approx what time. This is so strange.
Or someone knew where David had gone, was going and what the approximate times of where he should be at a certain times and then informed whom ever of this information.

What's the chances David made the wrong turn or choose to go the wrong way and just happened to get attacked after doing so??????

That's my friends would be the un-luckiest man in the world IMO.

If David didn't stop on the ramp waiting for 15 or so minutes for someone to show up in their car, then drive his truck north with that person following, park his truck, jump in that person's car and disappear to a new life, then he was targeted because he was David. Hired hit, jealous person, he was complicating things for someone else, these are just some of the many motives as to why people are killed or somone has someone killed.

JMO
Agreed to all, except taking a body away, or a still alive person away to another location, opens you, the attacker, up to DNA in a vehicle, etc. Easier to kill, leave behind and toss the gun three states away? Just thinking out loud.

Here is something to ponder.

LE knows how long David's phone would have shown he or at least his phone was at the Hwy 20/Hwy71 interchange if he would have been stopped there for any amount of time. They just didn't say.
I wondered that as well. I’ve learned on these cases that phone don’t ping continuously, though, so it takes movement, potentially to a new tower’s radius, to trigger a ping, or opening an app, etc.

He could even have made a turn and driven around a “block” several times, or gone to a home in that vicinity, to account for the extra time. Maybe they put the info out there to make someone nervous…

DS going north instead of south...

If he was going to disappear himself, why not just deliver his load of pigs first? He drove all that way to pick them up, then almost all the way back to Sac City. So within literal minutes of the delivery spot, he decided to switch gears? That doesn't make sense.

If he had any mental, drug, or other medical breakdown that disoriented him, or made him leave his cab, why did the search dogs, thermal planes, and other searchers not find him?

If someone got in the cab with him at the gas station, why was it not visible on camera?

If targeted and somehow he was forced to turn north, why?

So bizarre.

quick question, did LE ever say he arrived at pick up point alone? If he had someone in the truck with him and they didn't get out while he was loading up, would anyone else know that person was even in there?
I don’t think they have. And in today‘s press release I found it interesting that they referred to him by name as being at the truck stop, traveling west on 20, etc. They didn’t say “Schultz’s vehicle was then caught on camera heading west and his vehicle was seen at 20/71“. Like they’re certain he was in it alone? And not that someone else was driving it. “David Schultz was last seen…”

Last edited:
This case keeps getting weirder. The only scenario that makes and sort of sense to me personally is that someone got in his truck at the truck stop. I wonder how well-covered that area is with cameras. They know when he arrived and left, yes, but would the camera angle(s) have shown if someone got in his cab? But then this doesn't even make much sense to me unless it was more than one person involved and someone followed them in another vehicle because the interloper abandoned his truck out in the middle of nowhere. And what would the motive be when the truck and his wallet were left behind?

A targeted attack wouldn't make sense unless he communicated with someone earlier that he'd be stopped at that truck stop at approx what time. This is so strange.
This is the line I am following too. I think someone got into the truck, likely welcomed but perhaps not, at the truck stop.

My opinion, subject to change as we learn more.

jmo

Last edited:

If he was going to disappear himself, why not just deliver his load of pigs first? He drove all that way to pick them up, then almost all the way back to Sac City. So within literal minutes of the delivery spot, he decided to switch gears? That doesn't make sense.

If he had any mental, drug, or other medical breakdown that disoriented him, or made him leave his cab, why did the search dogs, thermal planes, and other searchers not find him?

If someone got in the cab with him at the gas station, why was it not visible on camera?

So bizarre.

I think it was said the dogs tracked David's scent from the truck to his jacket in the ditch, which does seem to suggest he got out of the truck at the location. However I think it was said the weather conditions made it impossible for the dogs to track any further.

Would the dogs have been able to track further (across fields, etc.) if the weather had been better? We'll never know.

There are lights down at the intersection, but no lights on the exit ramp between where you exit Hwy 20 and turn left to go to Sac City or right to go north to where the truck was found.

Someone could have stopped David, blocked his path, ect further up the exit ramp from the lights where it would have been dark, but still far enough away to not create a suspicious scene from vehicles passing by on Hwy 20. Not that there is a lot of traffic at that time of night.

Given the "Porch Light" on the trailer someone could have known it was David a fairly long ways away if he was targeted. Especially if someone knew David should be rolling down this ramp at a certain time.

JMO

View attachment 466976
You’re right. Here’s another shot with me heading west on 20. To the right is the part of the exit you’d be on if you wanted to get off 20 as in your pic, and head north or south on 71. Vehicles on 20 would not even be able to see what’s taking place down there easily. So if most traffic was flying by on 20, they may just see two stopped vehicles, if they even glanced that way at all. But, the lights at the exit do bother me. Not a very stealth way to stop someone. What if two other cars happened to be there at the same time?

IMG_1621.jpeg

Haven't they said all along that the last time DS was "heard from" was the early morning hours of Nov. 21? Now that we know where his phone and his truck were from midnight to 12:40, I wonder who heard from him and when?
Good point!!

Evidently MM 126 truck stop closes at 10 PM during week days and Sunday, open til 11 on Saturdays thought I would mention that. So if David stopped it wasn't to enter the store or cafe.

Interesting article -

This is a bunch of speculation:

What if David knew of a threat of some kind at Weichmans? I don't know what, maybe someone was waiting for him or he knew about something there, so he turned north to avoid it while he figured out what the next step was. Maybe he was on the phone with someone while stopped, discussing the issue and that person isn't divulging or even helped him disappear?

No idea what could be that serious that he would have to vanish and leave his family unless there was also a threat to them if they knew.

So bizarre.
That could be part of a plan to make it look like foul play?

Evidently MM 126 truck stop closes at 10 PM during week days and Sunday, open til 11 on Saturdays thought I would mention that. So if David stopped it wasn't to enter the store or cafe.

Interesting article -
I saw that but wasn't coffee mentioned?

Interesting they are saying he left around 7. 3hours and 50 minutes to arrive at pickup location
Their reference to him leaving at 7pm is strange as all articles said Sarah stated he left at 7:30 or thereabouts. Assuming he may have had to pick up an empty trailer somewhere en route (and that has not been confirmed), that would add time to get there and hook it up. From his home in Wall Lake to the center of Eagle Grove is about 88 miles, or an hour and a half. The farm he went to was outside of the town.

If he left Wall Lake at 7:30, picked up a trailer, I think he’d arrive in Eagle Grove around 9:30 or 9:45, and the article and press release said he left that loading site at 10:50, not that he arrived there at that time, so to me the trip out east and the times sound about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo