IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was apparently THERE and WITNESSED the abuse against Misty too! That's what she said on Judge Jeanine!! The judge even said, "why are you spending so much time defending your brother in law?!"

Hmmmm....interesting the judge asked that..usually a judge/attorney doesn't ask a question if they don't already know the answer. MOO

If it was me i would rat all the drug houses out that i knew if i thought my kids were there. JMO keeping my mouth shut wouldn't get my kid home IMO

I think we'd have to know all the details before speculating on that. I can see a scenario where a druglord puts a $50K bounty on Lyric's head. Once she is disposed of, he tells DM -- we got one of your kids. Talk again and we'll get the other one too.

Sorry for the misinformation. Don't know where I got that the bikes were standing up by the fence. All the links I look at say near or along the bike trail. My apologies.

"Their bicycles and Elizabeth's purse were found later that day near a bike trail at the edge of Meyers Lake in the northeast Iowa city of Evansdale."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-16/iowa-girls-search/56245630/1

"4 p.m. - The girls' bikes are located along the bike trail on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake by an Evansdale firefighter. Elizabeth's purse, which contained a cell phone, was found nearby."
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/article_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

Not misinformation. We discussed very early on when we learned of TG that the bikes were "on the trail" vs when they were found later "against the fence". I would love to know how those bikes got moved. And I tend to believe TG really saw those bikes.

Thank you thank you..I have thought this from the beginning.. be it planned by
a certain somebody or a random act. I do believe these girls or at least one of them was groomed for this.. Seeing the same person almost daily, someone who was impressed with every little thing she did..

Please don't take this as judge-y, but I have a question for all you who think this was done by a pervert who groomed them -- Heather was almost ALWAYS with Elizabeth. Whoever did this has to have known that she was leaving for an appointment at that particular time on that exact day and that Elizabeth would be outside riding her bike. How would a total stranger who watched them at the pool EVER determine that? Unless this person literally staked out the house 24-7 (which I presume would have been noticed), then it's quite a coincidence if he goes over to kidnap her the same day and time that her mom leaves for a Dr. appt., and she is outside riding.

Same for a random pervert who happened to seize the opportunity -- what are the chances that he'd be able to find those 2 girls, at that precise opportunity.

I know it does happen, but I just see someone close to the family as having MUCH more inside knowledge of schedules and such, and more ability to seize the opportunity!

You know i will stick up for DM just because if i was awaken in the middle of the night. Barely any sleep and my kids were missing and LE was blaming me for hours and hours. I would not want to cooperate either. I would be so angry that LE is wasting their time accusing me. But on the other hand if i was to walk out and stop taking then LE would leave it as i am the POI instead of moving on. Which is why maybe DM started cooperating again. he got thinking that if he doesn't LE would waste even more time on him and not his missing daughter. JMO

Humans with a lost child all act the same.

It is engraved into our DNA to look for that child, to call for her.

No one here has done this...in fact, they have barely mentioned the child's name (in the case of Lyric).

This is unnatural behaviour. Anyone working in missing persons will tell you half of the job is dealing with distressed relatives harping, nagging, calling, emailing, all desperate to locate their loved ones.

I've tried to copy and paste this a few times (hasn't worked) but google the Colorado Theatre survivors images. There is a picture of a mother hugging her child who survived. The look on her face says it all. It is an amazing photo...every emotion on that woman's face...shock, terror, anxiety, grief, but overall...relief. Prayers. Thank God my son is safe.

I have not seen anything even close to that look, on any of these people. Not even close.

:banghead:

Ok, still getting caught up from overnight and today.... but I've skimmed over things and gotten as far as the post that discusses the note found about needing local help with the girls from Meyers Lake that Jules71 posted the pic for.

Now, bear with me... someone was discussing I think yesterday sometime about a group of people who try to take down (my words only) the pedophiles, and some of you insinuated that they might not always go about things legally?

Does anyone think this could be a call for help from a "good guy" with important information concerning the girls? Maybe he talks about being in the database because he IS due to prior tussles with LE about his methods of taking care of things? :waitasec:

Some folks get pretty passionate about their causes, ahem. :what: Maybe he's a truck driver and learned something along his route, (lots of lonely truck drivers out there, and like any group, there's always bad apples)and instead of calling LE the group wants to take care of business (maybe they've located someone that's an important somebody they've been on the lookout for) then deliver the girls home safely? I know it's stretching it, but??

I know this must sound crazy, but here's the link from what I'm talking about:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180197&page=40

it's post 986

Forgive me if I've missed something and this makes no sense. It's been a long, hot day - lol. Go ahead and put the brakes on my crazy thoughts, have a good laugh or put your own spin on it. I'm easy going. (but I don't like spandex on men and don't date desperate men on bikes from CL - ewwww)

But yet she didn't run in the direction the guy said he saw the girls going. I would have.

Which brings up another little detail that has been niggling at me. Lizzies 12 yr old big brother was there at the lake helping to search. My son was 12 when my DD was 8, so I can relate to that brother/sister relationship at that age.

They are at the lake and a witness tells them the girls had been seen riding on the trail around the lake. I probably would have sent my 12 yr old son in one direction and I would have gone the other, until we met at one point on the trail.

I know, I know, someone is going to say, why send one of your kids to search for the other, wouldn't that be scary? Personally, I wouldn't have a fear that my 12 yr old son couldn't run around that trail in one direction while I went the other, if I thought my little girl was in severe urgent danger. So it makes me wonder why they never did that, since they were told by a witness they girls had been seen there.

I am not accusing them of anything to do with harming the girls. I am just trying to understand their state of mind and their mental processes at the time. If I thought someone abducted my 8 yr old daughter, I probably would not think they would be after my 12 yr old son too, if it was a random sexual abduction. But MAYBE at that point, they wondered if it was something more than that, something that was threatening to the whole family.

of course he is allowed to do that - unless they have a subpeona. Law enforcement can't just march over to your house and take your phone.

Since my kid knows my cell number I'd be loathe to give up my phone in the same situation.

I didn't mean literally allowed. LOL. I know that's what I said. But I meant it more like, "is that smart?!"

Sexual reasons????!!!! These are little girls, 8 and 10 years old!!! Why on earth would kids that age be thinking of sex??!!! Maybe I'm way behind times but I don't think many kids are into sex at that age, they're kids, not teenagers!! I would hate to be the mother of one of them and read suggestions that they were meeting boys at the lake... no offense to you or anyone else but it is not too likely that they were into sex yet, IMO.

I though elepher was asking if they were taken for sexual reasons, not if the girls had sexual reasons. JMO MOO

Hmmmm....interesting the judge asked that..usually a judge/attorney doesn't ask a question if they don't already know the answer. MOO

Judge J never asked her that. She enthusiastically offered up that little tidbit of information on her own.

The judge, in reply to Aunt t's long defense of DM, said [ paraphrasing]' wasnt he also charged with domestic violence against your sister?' ...

" Yes and I was there when that happened and I saw it..."[ paraphrased]

Does anyone know who the first girl is in those pictures that jules71 has under each of her posts? Sorry off topic but my daughter asked me to ask.

But yet she didn't run in the direction the guy said he saw the girls going. I would have.

She didn't know which way he said they were going. In one interview, she said he told her they were riding EAST. In another interview, she said he told her they were riding WEST.

Ahem.

(There is a reason the police aren't including that guy in the timeline.)

IMO.

Does anyone know who the first girl is in those pictures that jules71 has under each of her posts? Sorry off topic but my daughter asked me to ask.

It is Lindsey Baum, missing from McCleary, WA June 26, 2009. She has still not been found. :( It is the case that brought me to WS.

Not misinformation. We discussed very early on when we learned of TG that the bikes were "on the trail" vs when they were found later "against the fence". I would love to know how those bikes got moved. And I tend to believe TG really saw those bikes.

I believe TG saw two bikes on the trail.

But in an effort to reassure myself that the bikes were later found against a fence, I can't find anything to support that. I read several articles, all say the bikes were found near the trail in a fenced area. In fact, I even found once source that said one bike was laying down and one was on it's kickstand!

So have I been misleading myself all this time about where the bikes were eventually found? Does anyone have a link where it says the volunteer firefighter found the bikes leaning against a fence? I can't find that anywhere. TIA.

ETA: Sorry, I see where others have already posted the same thing - I'm a couple of pages behind.

Respectfully...The video camera is mounted in the back of the auction house. The street it looks upon, that the girls were last seen on, runs east and west. I've seen nothing to indicate that they went north to Lafayette. You can almost see EC's house in that video.

I have always felt that they went down LaFayette to the bike trail to the lake.

The first picture in Jules71 signature is Lindsey Baum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582