IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean that the girls put them there because they intended to disappear, I don't think so. If you mean that a perp may have put them there prior to 4 pm (up to 3.5 hours after the girls were last seen), I have to really wonder why. It makes much more sense to me to simply leave the bikes where ever the girls were abducted, or to discreetly stage the bikes after dark. Staging the bikes in broad daylight when family may be searching for the bikes seems really risky, especially since the target seems to be the girls and that was a fait accompli.

No, I mean the perps taking the girls with no intention of coming back to the area so they ditched the bikes. Either where they actually took the girls or staging to throw off LE. Hope this is clearer, up late last night reading scanner and looking for info...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120801/NEWS/120801044/0/opinion/?odyssey=nav|head

"Breault said the man in the photo went into the Casey's store at 1038 River Forest Road in Evansdale at about 2 p.m. July 13. That's about two hours after the girls were seen leaving a relative's house, and about two hours before firefighters found their bicycles near a bike trial on the southeast edge of Meyers Lake."

So why does LE think someone at that Casey's at 2 p.m. would know anything about the girls' disappearance? I was trying to think of reasons.

1. He saw something of interest (i.e., the girls on their bikes, a particular vehicle)

2. He didn't see something (i.e., someone said they were there, witness didn't see them)

3. He overheard something

Just speculating as to why the 2 p.m. time is of interest - I am not trying to sleuth any specific witness.

if he used his credit card, then yes...

also if they had the license plate, it would go back to the guy's father/business and they would have definitely checked the father and family's background

Of course this is just my opinion

I hope I am not coming across snarky or argumentative, as that is not my intent at all! :)

I am sincerely curious. If the police knew who he was and were already investigating him, why ask the public to help identify him? Could it be some kind of tactic or police pressure or make him nervous??

There was another case recently that seemed to beg the same question and I was not able to figure out the answer! Just wondering if anyone had possible insight in to that?

That building at the end of the lane next to the lake is not secluded, you can see it clearly from Lake rd.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120801/NEWS/120801044/0/opinion/?odyssey=nav|head

"Breault said the man in the photo went into the Casey's store at 1038 River Forest Road in Evansdale at about 2 p.m. July 13. That's about two hours after the girls were seen leaving a relative's house, and about two hours before firefighters found their bicycles near a bike trial on the southeast edge of Meyers Lake."

So why does LE think someone at that Casey's at 2 p.m. would know anything about the girls' disappearance? I was trying to think of reasons.

1. He saw something of interest (i.e., the girls on their bikes, a particular vehicle)

2. He didn't see something (i.e., someone said they were there, witness didn't see them)

3. He overheard something

Just speculating as to why the 2 p.m. time is of interest - I am not trying to sleuth any specific witness.

Is this the Casey's where MCM works and reportedly left at 2:00?

I also do not think the white van is nothing, it just wasn't that white van.

Is this the Casey's where MCM works and reportedly left at 2:00?

No. This is the Casey's closest to the Collin's home (I think I got that right.)

Police say that they didn't want to talk to the driver of the white van BECAUSAE he drove a white van - http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120801/NEWS/120801044/0/opinion/?odyssey=nav|head

"Authorities did not seek Knief because of his white van, Breault said. A white van of a similar model was reportedly used in an abduction attempt in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday."

huh. ok then why?

No kidding... why??? I did notice the gas station wasn't very busy when he bought gas but he can't have been the only customer that day/time frame and he just happened to have a white van.

I'm catching up so maybe this has been answered but that makes no sense to me.

No. This is the Casey's closest to the Collin's home (I think I got that right.)

It is the Caseys that is by the Collins house about a block up, I think on River Forest rd. The streets in that town screw my directions up because they turn and twist everywhere. :banghead:

Another thing, the father whose son was almost abducted in Cedar Rapids didn't get a license plate number but he knew the make of the van? Most mini vans from a distance are hard to make out what model they are. The white van I saw at the lake was an oldsmobile with tinted back windows. Maybe the father has the make of the van wrong? I would hope that the LE are not fixated on a Astro van only.

No kidding... why??? I did notice the gas station wasn't very busy when he bought gas but he can't have been the only customer that day/time frame and he just happened to have a white van.

I'm catching up so maybe this has been answered but that makes no sense to me.

I think paliminodee has some good ideas but he's not officially a POI or a suspect
so I don't know. I really wish that I knew, but I don't. :dunno:

:waiting:

No, I mean the perps taking the girls with no intention of coming back to the area so they ditched the bikes. Either where they actually took the girls or staging to throw off LE. Hope this is clearer, up late last night reading scanner and looking for info...

Thanks ... I think the bikes were found exactly where the girls left them. I think it all becomes complicated if we are to believe that the girls were abducted elsewhere, the girls and bikes were loaded into a vehicle (which would have to be large enough to hide two bikes), the vehicle then went to the trail by Arbutus, the girls were completely subdued for at least 10 minutes, the bikes were unloaded and taken 300 feet to the trail, lifted over the fence and then the perp made a getaway with the girls ... all in broad daylight while police/family may be searching for the chidlren. If we look at the simplist explanation, it seems to be the girls were stopped on the trail, they went over the fence and were taken away in a vehicle on the trail off Arbutus.

Another thing, the father whose son was almost abducted in Cedar Rapids didn't get a license plate number but he knew the make of the van? Most mini vans from a distance are hard to make out what model they are. The white van I saw at the lake was an oldsmobile with tinted back windows. Maybe the father has the make of the van wrong? I would hope that the LE are not fixated on a Astro van only.

It's easier to remmeber the model IMO than a plate #

Astros have a pretty specific look to them.

I don't know if you saw, LE put out a bulletin on the supposed CR van.
They said beat up white astro van, tinted windows, MN plates...go back further and you can read exactly what the announcement said.

I hope I am not coming across snarky or argumentative, as that is not my intent at all! :)

I am sincerely curious. If the police knew who he was and were already investigating him, why ask the public to help identify him? Could it be some kind of tactic or police pressure or make him nervous??

There was another case recently that seemed to beg the same question and I was not able to figure out the answer! Just wondering if anyone had possible insight in to that?

I don't think that police knew who he was. I think they had the van on video and wanted to know who owned it, who was driving it.

That building at the end of the lane next to the lake is not secluded, you can see it clearly from Lake rd.

The trail goes past the building and the areas where the bikes were found and the forested area between the bikes and the building are secluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks