IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also do not think the white van is nothing, it just wasn't that white van.

In what way do you think a white van is related? The only other white van story I've heard is the one where the driver touched the girl's face, and that has also been ruled out.

In what way do you think a white van is related? The only other white van story I've heard is the one where the driver touched the girl's face, and that has also been ruled out.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Ceda...d-Abduction--164599056.html?m=y&smobile=y
snipped:

A 5-year-old boy was riding his bike along a sidewalk. The boy's father was following along on a motorcycle riding down the street. A white, 1990’s Chevy Astro van pulled up next to the boy. A white male exited the van and grabbed the boy and a white female got out and took the bike. The two started pushing the boy and the bike towards the van. The father was watching and began yelling at the two. They let go of the boy and the bike and left southbound on Kirkwood Boulevard SW. This was reported to the police three hours later.

Thanks ... I think the bikes were found exactly where the girls left them. I think it all becomes complicated if we are to believe that the girls were abducted elsewhere, the girls and bikes were loaded into a vehicle (which would have to be large enough to hide two bikes), the vehicle then went to the trail by Arbutus, the girls were completely subdued for at least 10 minutes, the bikes were unloaded and taken 300 feet to the trail, lifted over the fence and then the perp made a getaway with the girls ... all in broad daylight while police/family may be searching for the chidlren. If we look at the simplist explanation, it seems to be the girls were stopped on the trail, they went over the fence and were taken away in a vehicle on the trail off Arbutus.

BBM

What if it happened this way

They could have taken the children right out of camera view near the home.

Then two young looking accomplices come out from behind the trailer hop on the bikes, go past the cameras and go directly to the trail, drop the purse over the fence and then walk through the hidden road and they are instantly out of the scene.

We have so many relatively new posters, I thought I'd point out the "Private messages" feature in case anyone didn't see it. It is at the top of the page under your name, close to where you sign in. You can use it like texting, but what you write only goes to the person your send it to, not everyone on the thread. (It doesn't even show up on your visitor messages, which can be seen on your profile page.) :seeya:

BBM

What if it happened this way

They could have taken the children right out of camera view near the home.

Then two young looking accomplices come out from behind the trailer hop on the bikes, go past the cameras and go directly to the trail, drop the purse over the fence and then walk through the hidden road and they are instantly out of the scene.

Given the attempted abduction of the 5 year old boy and his bike by three people, I suppose it's quite possible. I had been thinking that the abduction of the girls was done by one person.

No kidding... why??? I did notice the gas station wasn't very busy when he bought gas but he can't have been the only customer that day/time frame and he just happened to have a white van.

I'm catching up so maybe this has been answered but that makes no sense to me.

Wasn't it stated LE went to Casey's and was wanting the cash receipts to look over? I think they ran all the credit or debit cards for people within the open time frame of 12:15 - 4....and then began checking the cash receipt times and matching to vehicles on surveillance. ( I wouldn't think there would be many cash sales for gas these days.) Yet, there were surely other cash customers...if only to buy cigs, sodas, milk, beer, etc. ??

Is this the Casey's where they checked the cash receipts?

Is this the Casey's that the CC got hired at on the 12th (but started on the 16th)?

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Poli...apids-Marion-Are-Connected-164644936.html?m=y

snipped:

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – An abduction attempt of a 5-year-old boy was stopped by the boy’s father Tuesday in southwest Cedar Rapids, police said.

The boy was riding his bicycle on a sidewalk in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard SW around 5:30 p.m. when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled over next to him. A man and a woman got out, grabbed the boy and the bike and started leading him toward the van, police said.

“They had grabbed ahold of him by the arm or shoulder, and the woman was getting the bike,” Sgt. Cristy Hamblin said.

Police said the boy’s father, who was on a motorcycle just down the street, saw the incident and yelled at the two suspects, who then let go of the boy, got back in the van and drove south.

Police were not notified of the incident until about three hours later.

The incident came one week after a suspicious incident with a man in a white van near Linn-Mar High School in Marion. On the afternoon of July 24, a man was stopped at an intersection on 10th Street when he asked a 14-year-old boy on a bike if he wanted some candy, police said.

The girl having her face touched in Dubuque and the boy being grabbed in CR...

Am I remembering wrong or have there not been a few other incidents with white vans in eastern Iowa as well? Is the creepy older Asian man in a white van seen a couple of times here in Iowa too or am I confusing out of state incidents with what's been up in Iowa?

Another thing, the father whose son was almost abducted in Cedar Rapids didn't get a license plate number but he knew the make of the van? Most mini vans from a distance are hard to make out what model they are. The white van I saw at the lake was an oldsmobile with tinted back windows. Maybe the father has the make of the van wrong? I would hope that the LE are not fixated on a Astro van only.

i was thinking this too - and the hand tatoo must be fairly large too to be seen from a distance...moo

i was thinking this too - and the hand tatoo must be fairly large too to be seen from a distance...moo

I speculate that the hand tattoo was not seen by father from a distance but more likely seen and described by the 5 yr old, who was up close and personal with the alleged abductors. Probably also why we have no description of what the image tattoo was exactly, just that there was some sort of markings or tattoo on the female's left hand in the webbing between thumb and pointer finger.

There has to be someone who owns a white van with a male driver who has a friend with a tattoo on the web of their thumb? Maybe LE should advertise this information the way they did about the guy in the store. Interrupt tv shows the way they did with this guys picture. JMO

Given the attempted abduction of the 5 year old boy and his bike by three people, I suppose it's quite possible. I had been thinking that the abduction of the girls was done by one person.

the thing about this attempt that strikes me as possibly related is that the abductors were also trying to take the bike too...

Regarding these white van abductions...do 3 people just get together and say, "Let's go abduct some young kids"...??? This is rehearsed and repeated and ongoing. There has to be someone who "benefits" from obtaining these kids.

I had refined the image a little, moving the possible location of the bikes about 20 feet to the east, and then my computer decided to turn itself off before I had saved the image. This is the photo I posted last night. Maybe Ollipop or another local can verify the details, as I'm basing everything on maps and information from the news.

meyers_lake_thinkingitthrough.jpg

This is all based on the assumption that the cyclist's tip is related to the girl's bikes. I don't believe that the girls were forced to abandon their bikes and walk to the end of the double fence area, as I think that would be too risky (too much chance that someone would come cycling along). I think they could have gone over the fence exactly where their bikes were found, which explains Elizabeth's purse on the lakeside of the fence. She was probably there and then the purse was taken from her.

Thank you for this view. As well as the flipped view.
is it possible for a vehicle to back up on the right of the tree line, kind of where the e in the word "fence" is? It looks like grass, not hard to drive on. Does fence extend there? If there is no fence I'd think it'd be easier to run the bikes up the path from the back of a vehicle there as opposed to the more hidden trail where they had to deal w/ getting bikes over fence.

It is the Caseys that is by the Collins house about a block up, I think on River Forest rd. The streets in that town screw my directions up because they turn and twist everywhere. :banghead:

The Casey's a block from the Collins house is on Lafayette Road. The Casey's on River Forest Road is west and then south of their house.

Thank you for this view. As well as the flipped view.
is it possible for a vehicle to back up on the right of the tree line, kind of where the e in the word "fence" is? It looks like grass, not hard to drive on. Does fence extend there? If there is no fence I'd think it'd be easier to run the bikes up the path from the back of a vehicle there as opposed to the more hidden trail where they had to deal w/ getting bikes over fence.

Check Ollipop's posts..regarding Maiden Lane and the pump house building.

Maybe not, but I think most guys would be upset about going through something like this if they're innocent. It can affect jobs and personal lives. Wives and girlfriends might be shunned by friends, and your kids could be bullied at school because of it. No matter if LE turned you loose a few hours later and made a public announcement regarding your innocence, some people would still look at you with suspicion.
You might be speaking the truth, I mean no disrespect at all, but it's a whole lot easier to say it than it is to go through it.

Exactly... kind of an extension of what I said earlier, I'd much rather be someone never questioned by the FBI than someone questioned and released. Questioned and detained is even worse obviously but if you're someone with no record and no info, I would think just the questioning would be traumatic nevermind the fact that your picture was put out there. For those on Facebook there are even new missing posters with these surveillance pics. Of course if I had info that would help the girls I don't much care what else could happen! But if not, I think it'd be pretty rough to go through all that especially the publicity part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli