IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS is scary.

Has this been discussed here yet?

Why was the girl in the back of the van motioning for the 2 girls to run away from the van?

Could this be related to our girls? :(

Yikes. I hope not but maybe.

Will today be the day they come home? I sure hope so.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120801/NEWS/120801044/0/opinion/?odyssey=nav|head

"Breault said the man in the photo went into the Casey's store at 1038 River Forest Road in Evansdale at about 2 p.m. July 13. That's about two hours after the girls were seen leaving a relative's house, and about two hours before firefighters found their bicycles near a bike trial on the southeast edge of Meyers Lake."

So why does LE think someone at that Casey's at 2 p.m. would know anything about the girls' disappearance? I was trying to think of reasons.

1. He saw something of interest (i.e., the girls on their bikes, a particular vehicle)

2. He didn't see something (i.e., someone said they were there, witness didn't see them)

3. He overheard something

Just speculating as to why the 2 p.m. time is of interest - I am not trying to sleuth any specific witness.

4. He saw the CL Camping Creeper there for his job interview.

I didn't find anything, but I'm not as good as some of you are at sleuthing.

You and me both, kseal! I don't know why I keep coming up with no info when I try to find it myself. I'm losing my touch! Heeelp!

I wish the clue-fairy would just spell it out for me and leave a note on my pillow!
:dramaqueen: I haven't got a clue!

Now THIS is news.

This is flipping SCARY.

10 Attempted Child Abductions.

O.M.G.

ETA: This subject needs it's own thread.

ETA: These incidents are from APRIL 2012.

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies say they're now looking into roughly 10 child abduction attempts in the area.

Some of those involve a suspect driving a white box-style van.

Deputies say that same suspect is believed to be involved in many of the cases.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...nnected_to_Attempted_Abduction_144430195.html

PDATE 3/30/12 @ 7:25 p.m.
KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- With a potential predator on the loose, dozens upon dozens of tipsters are calling in, according to Kanawha County Sheriffs deputies.

Investigators are stepping up the search to find a man in his 50s or 60s with balding grey hair, one eye that's only partially open and a "pot belly". They say he's driving a white cargo style van looking for young victims.

You and me both, kseal! I don't know why I keep coming up with no info when I try to find it myself. I'm losing my touch! Heeelp!

I wish the clue-fairy would just spell it out for me and leave a note on my pillow!
:dramaqueen: I haven't got a clue!

are you looking at criminal history through the official websites for the area using the person's full probable name and not just the short form nickname/first name?

hope that helps

LOL!! From Twitter:

KWWL ‏@KWWL

Own a white van in the BHCO area? Feel unfairly targeted? Give us a call 319-291-1240 #EvansdaleSearch

"There's a huge outpouring of calls that we've received involving white vans," Lt. Sean Crosier said. "This particular offender, you know he's experiencing some very strong urges to have an encounter with a teenage girl."

In fact, WSAZ.com spotted nearly three white mini or cargo style vans practically every minute. In just 12 seconds, we found five vans passing in and out of the Capital City.

Investigators say there's no distance these types of predators will not travel, which is why they say we've seen abductions in other counties.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...nnected_to_Attempted_Abduction_144430195.html

I'd think NOT. He was never named a 'person of interest' by LE, as far as I understand, I believe that was just a headline to grab attention. MOO, of course.

I think you're right. The media had him listed as a POI for awhile but changed it pretty quickly.

The guy in front of the laundromat that spoke to a young girl and touched her face has been interviewed and excluded. It was a misunderstanding.

I can't help it, I'm just not buying that story. Maybe LE is playing it cool for some reason, but I cannot for the life of me think of a legitimately innocent reason for a stranger (in a white van, no less!)to call out to a little girl alone on the street, compliment her looks, and TOUCH HER FACE, especially when everyone within a 50 mile radius is searching for two abducted girls! Is he the only person in Iowa who doesn't know that white vans are trying to steal kids off the street?

I know that this is how it is being reported to be a mistake, I just don't believe it.:snooty:

I'm thinking this will be very helpful:

" tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand." Of course, that abduction may not be related to the girls abduction, but maybe it is.. MOO

It sucks how quick the "telephone game" (remember that from school?) changes things. I won't post direct FB links or quotes as I know it's against TOS, but to paraphrase it's already been on FB since last night that it's a "tattoo all over her left hand" in the other potential abduction case. Umm small tat on the web of her hand, large one all over her hand, and oh-by-the-way is it a spiderweb? It all makes a really big difference!

I'm scared to even look. :(

Well.. I guess the good news is I finally did look and didn't find much. Apparently others did though so maybe I'm not as good at searching as I thought. :)

I can't help it, I'm just not buying that story. Maybe LE is playing it cool for some reason, but I cannot for the life of me think of a legitimately innocent reason for a stranger (in a white van, no less!)to call out to a little girl alone on the street, compliment her looks, and TOUCH HER FACE, especially when everyone within a 50 mile radius is searching for two abducted girls! Is he the only person in Iowa who doesn't know that white vans are trying to steal kids off the street?

I know that this is how it is being reported to be a mistake, I just don't believe it.:snooty:

I agree. It just doesn't sound right. Not in this day and age. A few decades ago, maybe, but not today. I'm female and old enough to be considered 'grandmotherly' but dang, no way would I touch a child. Not even with the parent right there. It is just not done.

I agree. It just doesn't sound right. Not in this day and age. A few decades ago, maybe, but not today. I'm female and old enough to be considered 'grandmotherly' but dang, no way would I touch a child. Not even with the parent right there. It is just not done.

It could be an elderly person, or someone from a culture where it is far more normal to have physical contact between people. He's been ruled out. Even though he has a white van, there's no reason for him to automatically assume that he is a potential suspect that should be cautious about everything he does. He may not even read the news.

Thank you, I never believed that report/story... No way, if perv got that close and no witnesses around, you bet that little one would be gone too...

It could be a cultural thing. And many people do not pay attention to the news, especially if there is a language barrier. It could also be something really innocent, such as she had something on her face (icecream, dirt, etc) and due to cultural or ethnic norms, wiped it off for her. It is not uncommon for people from different places in the world to say, "you are pretty, beautiful, etc" to a child especially if it is in the context of "you are so pretty, but, a dirty face is not good". That is very common in the world and it is not creepy in some places. Yes, this is America, but, it takes time for people to understand and assimilate... I think the person was cleared. :twocents:

Turned himself in...or went to clear things up with FBI?
Turned himself in has a guilty connotation.

are you looking at criminal history through the official websites for the area using the person's full probable name and not just the short form nickname/first name?

hope that helps

where can I find the name?

Just checking in today. I see I missed pages 2 - 16. Wondering if I should go back and read those or just start from here. Up until this point I have read every single page. Is anything new or are we talking about all of the white van attempted abductions (which there seem to be a lot of)?

LOL!! From Twitter:

KWWL ‏@KWWL

Own a white van in the BHCO area? Feel unfairly targeted? Give us a call 319-291-1240 #EvansdaleSearch

LOL...like yesterday...we need a society or support group for white van owners...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli