IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little behind on all that's been happening over the past couple of days, all the news about the vans. I've read a little. I am wondering if the FBI was already aware of these type of reports before the girls went missing. Perhaps they were already investigating similiar reports or hearing of them. It is possible that they thought the girls' disappearances were related and perhaps THAT is why they had a strong inclination that the girls are (were) still alive. I am wondering what they may have already known. Not saying all the reports are connected. But, what if they said the girls were alive because they are already tracking these reports and see some pattern? Just an idea.

Considering the ease with which Sandusky was able to continue raping young boys, even though multiple people in positions of responsibility knew about it, I don't doubt that a powerful conspiracy could or would cover up a child sex abuse operation. Money talks, and those who aren't persuaded by money could be threatened with personal scandal or professional ruin. People avoid getting involved, they look the other way on purpose so they won't have anything to tell.

FBI had to be aware of this white van problem before Lyric and Elisabeth went missing. Community members in general might have been unaware of incidents which happened elsewhere in Iowa, but state and federal LE have no excuse...MOO.

Thank you so much for all you've done to help solve this case. May I ask, what do you think happened?

I have no idea, it is very frustrating.

My theory is that someone, perhaps one of the many people driving around trying to grab kids this summer in Iowa, had noticed that many kids round that lake without adult supervision. He may have watched them before, in the parking area, or near the trail in other areas. On Friday the 13th, he decided to pull in to Maiden Lane - of which I think he would have to have had prior knowledge. He then walked the trail, maybe all morning, watching. Perhaps he had an accomplice. I think he saw the girls coming, from either direction is possible, and took his chances, somehow getting them back in the woods - lured or by overpowering. They were in a vehicle and 2-3 hours away before they were even reported missing.

I also consider that they may have been venturing out on that jetty, saw the narrow path along the fence that led to the woods, and decided to try to walk over there. Or perhaps someone was there already with a lure - boyfriend, puppy, whatever. Once in the woods, they were subdued and put in a vehicle.

I do not rule out that whoever was in those woods, or whoever took them, was someone they knew. But I have a horrible feeling they are in a seedy world that none of wants to acknowledge exists, or they are in a cornfield/ditch somewhere.

I sincerely hope I am wrong across the board.

Pic 1: A pic of the end of Maiden Lane, through the fence, taken from the trail

Pic 2: The beginning of Maiden Lane, taken from the driveway of the pump house

Pic 3: From several paces down Maiden Lane, looking back up towards Arbutus

Pic 4: The clearing in the woods that is Maiden Lane, looking southwest. The lake is on the right, with just a portion of the jetty visible, trail and fence just out of view to the left

Pic 5: Pic of the trail from the end of Maiden Lane - essentially the reverse of the first pic

Would it be all right with you if I attached those to an aerial map?

Considering the ease with which Sandusky was able to continue raping young boys, even though multiple people in positions of responsibility knew about it, I don't doubt that a powerful conspiracy could or would cover up a child sex abuse operation. Money talks, and those who aren't persuaded by money could be threatened with personal scandal or professional ruin. People avoid getting involved, they look the other way on purpose so they won't have anything to tell.

FBI had to be aware of this white van problem before Lyric and Elisabeth went missing. Community members in general might have been unaware of incidents which happened elsewhere in Iowa, but state and federal LE have no excuse...MOO.

I agree 100%.

In the Sandusky case, even parents of some of the kids seemed to have convinced themselves that everything was OK, or at least that, since their own was no longer in danger, that they could/would move on and leave the ugliness behind them.

Even in families where this kind of thing has happened, it doesn't get discussed. Its not good dinner-table or pot-luck conversation, and shame and intimidation - even by those uninvolved - helps to keep this stuff under wraps. If people are actively working to cover it up, it's that much easier.

I think of John Walsh, and the recordings that LE had for him to listen to. If they have that stuff on tape, imagine what else they know but don't want to allow to become public knowledge.

I'm a little behind on all that's been happening over the past couple of days, all the news about the vans. I've read a little. I am wondering if the FBI was already aware of these type of reports before the girls went missing. Perhaps they were already investigating similiar reports or hearing of them. It is possible that they thought the girls' disappearances were related and perhaps THAT is why they had a strong inclination that the girls are (were) still alive. I am wondering what they may have already known. Not saying all the reports are connected. But, what if they said the girls were alive because they are already tracking these reports and see some pattern? Just an idea.

I'll bet that they think that some kids are kept alive and forced to help the kidnappers get more kids. The girl with the hand tattoo and the girl in the back of the van who waved off two potential victims in another attempt were probably victims themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if some "runaways" might have actually been lured by previous victims, even online. If the kidnappers uses L&E as bait, they would still be alive.

MOO :moo:

Of course...use them in any way you think would help.

Thanks ... I'll post it later this evening and maybe you can check in afterwards to ensure that they're in the right spot. I'm one of those people that wants to visualize the scene.

The girl having her face touched in Dubuque and the boy being grabbed in CR...

Am I remembering wrong or have there not been a few other incidents with white vans in eastern Iowa as well? Is the creepy older Asian man in a white van seen a couple of times here in Iowa too or am I confusing out of state incidents with what's been up in Iowa?

But the girl with the face touching has been ruled as a non-criminal activity - inappropriate and weird but not an attempted kidnapping.

Thanks ... I'll post it later this evening and maybe you can check in afterwards to ensure that they're in the right spot. I'm one of those people that wants to visualize the scene.

Otto, thank you once again!! Being able to look at the area(s) really does help one try to unravel a puzzle working in reverse.

Thank you Ollipop for bringing the landscape to life for those of us so far away.

I cannot figure out how to link a google earth pic. I used the timeline button and went to 10-14-2006. Meyers Lake. The path from Schons st. & Arbutus is much more defined as is a path near the pump house. Not that it means much to have a 6 year old picture of the area. I was intrested to see how the trees and paths had changed over the years.
The grassy area across Schons st. & Arbutus is where I think the perp pulled in to get the bikes to a little distance in and throw the purse over the fence.

Is'nt normal parking for the lake/trail off Elmer?

I agree. I think we should be cautious about even using the guy's name on here. Most people don't follow the news as we do to know he was not a suspect. If we add his name, it continues to create internet links with him about this crime. He is innocent and we don't want the average person to continue to perpetuate rumors, etc just because they see his name pop-up on google on WS in this forum.

This already can run his life. If he has kids, I am sure his children will suffer at school and in their social lives, etc. Remember people believe what they see on the news and usually do not have the attention span to track cases like we do. Out of respect for him...just be cautious about using his full last name or first name...:twocents:

:cheer: Thank you for such wise words Lucy!

I thought Bundy had a Volkswagon Beetle. Didn't he used to make a big deal out of parking it right out front in his driveway while he washed and detailed it? Like he was taunting the cops...they knew he was a serial killer but they didn't have evidence to get a warrant to search his car so he flaunted it. MOO

Now THIS is news.

This is flipping SCARY.

10 Attempted Child Abductions.

O.M.G.

ETA: This subject needs it's own thread.

ETA: These incidents are from APRIL 2012.

What does this have to do with the missing girls in IOWA?
tia

I thought Bundy had a Volkswagon Beetle. Didn't he used to make a big deal out of parking it right out front in his driveway while he washed and detailed it? Like he was taunting the cops...they knew he was a serial killer but they didn't have evidence to get a warrant to search his car so he flaunted it. MOO

I believe you are correct - I read the same thing.

It could be an elderly person, or someone from a culture where it is far more normal to have physical contact between people. He's been ruled out. Even though he has a white van, there's no reason for him to automatically assume that he is a potential suspect that should be cautious about everything he does. He may not even read the news.

BBM

HAHAHAHAH! That is hilarious.

When I was young lots of older people would pinch my cheeks - or touch my face - i think this is cultural - I was exposed to lots of jewish folks and italian folks and both cultures seemed to think it was ok to touch little girls you just met.

Meanwhile it's driving me nuts wondering WHICH white van was actually in question and WHY. Were the girls in it? near it? some person driving it might remember them?

Why aren't these girls HOME??? (rhetorical question that I sadly fear the answer to)

Both vehicles are correct. He owned a VW and also stole them. But for the attempted abduction in Jacksonville and the one in Lake City, he stole a white van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase