IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the DC Sniper case. LE released a photo of a white box truck. Everyone and their mother from coast to coast was FREAKED OUT by white box trucks, and called in every single sighting of one. Turns out that a box truck had nothing at all to do with the case and the shooters were in an old beater sedan.

I get the same feeling here. I think LE is either purposely deflecting, or the public is in a mass hysteria over white vans. I'm just not seeing a connection.

Of course, they know way more than we do, so I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong!

Thanks and you are right - I remember the DC sniper case well. The FBI may be trying to deflect but yet, I really don't see the FBI as a willing participant in creating hysteria either. Maybe I am giving the FBI more credit than I should I don't know but I think they are on to something.

I would eat crow, porcupine, squirrel and a bagful of cow **** if these two girls can be brought home alive.

I don't know why FBI is so slow in this. They should have done this in the 1st two days of the girls missing.

Sloppy work, I guess or less man-power.

Thanks, and the only think I can think of is if some home videos have surfaced that they hadn't seen before. Like maybe somebody had video camera setup and they were on vacation for a couple of weeks and just returned home to all of this. The FBI is usually right on top of these things so I don't think the lag has been on their end. As far as I know there is still a lot of manpower working to bring the two girls home.

They should be home by now and each day is just sadder and sadder.

Of course...use them in any way you think would help.

Thanks ... I'll post it later this evening and maybe you can check in afterwards to ensure that they're in the right spot. I'm one of those people that wants to visualize the scene.

:gthanks: To both of you!

I have a terrible time visualizing the area. I thought about planning a field trip for myself, but I live in NC so...I don't know :waitasec: ...kind of seems like a long way to go on a field trip. :crosseyed:

LE would have to look at white vans with all of the recent reports of various kinds.
But have they ever said they are seeking a white van in this case, or is that an assumption by some due to last night?

LE would have to look at white vans with all of the recent reports of various kinds.
But have they ever said they are seeking a white van in this case, or is that an assumption by some due to last night?
I don't remember LE being interested in white vans until yesterday after the abduction attempt in CR. As far as I know, the investigation has been very quiet recently, the only news I've seen being related to the family members of the girls.

I don't remember LE being interested in white vans until yesterday. As far as I know, the investigation has been very quiet up until the abduction attempt in CR, the only news I've seen being related to the family members of the girls.

Is there a connection or is it a shot in the dark because they have nothing else? I kept yelling at my husband about the week long focus on the lake coupled with the insistence this was not an abduction. (He lets me do such things.) Hindsight is 20/20 and I'd hate to be in LE's shoes. But ruling out something without cause confuses me. These girls didn't disappear, they didn't vanish. I wish them an astonishing, incomprehensible peace and strength until they are home.

Is there a connection or is it a shot in the dark because they have nothing else? I kept yelling at my husband about the week long focus on the lake coupled with the insistence this was not an abduction. (He lets me do such things.) Hindsight is 20/20 and I'd hate to be in LE's shoes. But ruling out something without cause confuses me. These girls didn't disappear, they didn't vanish. I wish them an astonishing, incomprehensible peace and strength until they are home.
Hard to say, IMHO. LE said they think the girls are alive. Initially, that seemed logical if their abduction was related to the family member's criminal problems. But now it seems also logical if LE thought/thinks they were taken by a pedo/pedo ring.

THANK YOU LUCY for taking the time to link those.
I appreciate that.
Respectfully, I have to point out that is was LOCAL LE who made the statement that they believed SK was alive. That sort of statement is very very rare coming from a FEDERAL agency I believe. I do not know of any other case where the FBI or another federal law agency made such a bold statement. I have had an opportunity to work with a number of federal LE agents the past 18 months. They are a different breed with different training than local LE. They are very precise in their manner, and I just don't think we would be hearing a public statement such as the one that was made about the cousins by an FBI spokeperson unless they had incontrovertible proof it was factual.

Again, I admit I could be wrong! Just need to find a time where this has happened before with a statement like this. THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENT HELP you are giving me :blushing:

I know they won't, but I wish the FBI would say whether based on their investigation, their belief that the girls were still alive two weeks ago still holds true. I feel as though they should be more vocal if they really do believe this. JMO of course and I know they won't change their strategies to suit me. But silence from LE is double-edged, sometimes it means everything, i.e. Sierra and other times, it means just the opposite, i.e. they are stuck. No way to know which is the case unless something happens.

It is just difficult to see these cases, i.e. Isabel, Lisa, Kyron, etc. & etc. where there is not only no news, but seldom a mention of these children in the media anymore. As though they never existed.

I know they won't, but I wish the FBI would say whether based on their investigation, their belief that the girls were still alive two weeks ago still holds true. I feel as though they should be more vocal if they really do believe this. JMO of course and I know they won't change their strategies to suit me. But silence from LE is double-edged, sometimes it means everything, i.e. Sierra and other times, it means just the opposite, i.e. they are stuck. No way to know which is the case unless something happens.

It is just difficult to see these cases, i.e. Isabel, Lisa, Kyron, etc. & etc. where there is not only no news, but seldom a mention of these children in the media anymore. As though they never existed.

There needs to be a television show where the focus is ONLY on missing children (cold cases and cases that are current) and this show should be on every day just like NG.

Every once in awhile, the NG show will put pictures up of missing children, but this is not enough.

An excellent spokesperson for this program would be MK (PK's father).

I really wish a network would do this. IMO

There needs to be a television show where the focus is ONLY on missing children (cold cases and cases that are current) and this show should be on every day just like NG.

Every once in awhile, the NG show will put pictures up of missing children, but this is not enough.

I agree about MK; I just have my doubts about the level of interest outside of those who are already interested and concerned about the issue. And unfortunately, with the attention span of a lot of the TV audience, not sure how it would go over, when there is so seldom a conclusion, satisfactory or otherwise. JMO

I wish FBI would hold another PC and tell us how they feel now about the situation. Just updates from FBI would be nice. Not dare saying I want them to give "bad news" or anything. Just update would be nice.

I think it's a great idea in theory, but realistically, I think certain cases would dominate, get a much larger amount of airtime than others, and some cases would still be ignored. The amount of attention for every missing child would never be equal.

My suggestion for improving awareness of missing children is to have TV shows air a picture of the child before going to commercial break during shows. Shows like American Idol and NCIS get around 20 million viewers, there are lots of shows that get 10-20 million, and others that get less, but a lot more than Nancy's show which only gets like 500k viewers.

I complete agree with this!

*Why not just show a picture of the van?
*Why the odd statements of “not as a witness” and “we BELIEVE has he info”? Why not say right away that he is not a POI or we just want to know if he saw anything?
*Why interrupt TV instead of waiting until the news?
*He was filling a large vehicle. A business vehicle. I’d be shocked if he paid in cash. Maybe they could have tracked him down through checks/credit card.
*The station should definitely have had the license plate number on camera.

So WHY did they handle this in the humiliating way they did? Why not just run the plates and call the guy up?

Those who imply that he was looked at due to his history – well, if they knew his history before putting out the picture, that means they would have known his name and could have just gone to his house, right? No need to flash his pic on primetime TV.

There has to be more to this. Does the FBI humiliate innocent people without real evidence? I thought everything LE released to the media was carefully planned. Or did they want his picture out in the media?

JMO (not sleuthing this guy, just LE’s handling of the matter because it has me confused! :waitasec:)

BBM
License plates would be on the video - drive-a-ways are the reason for the cameras.

I'm wondering if the reason for the video release is to show someone there at the same time as this guy with his van (in a scene the public isn't shown from the video) LE knows they were there. May have been someone spoken to by this guy in the parking lot, in the store, checking out. Who knows. I think it's to push someone's buttons in a roundabout way. Maybe they were hoping this guy knew a certain POI in the video because he spoke to them in the store?

Not sure if it's across the board - but I've only seen 2 still shots, how come not a video of the visit? Correct me if I'm wrong though - and I'd love a link so I can see the video if it's out there. I think it might also be something (insignificant to those without inside info) in the background of the video.

Haven't read all the posts from last night through now, but ---> Note to self - quit being so friendly to strangers :what:

1. Yes, I noticed it earlier, then went back to get a better look. That was when I discovered Maiden Lane. Seeing older pics where it is much clearer that it was an established path/road is fascinating to me. I've lived here 5-6 yrs, and never knew it was there. I was aware of the clearing back there somewhat, but not that there was an established path leading to it. It is fairly overgrown now, and in checking out the pumphouse I noticed that a vehicle had been through there recently. Photographed and called in to tipline, btw.

2. Distance marker. I don't believe its there anymore, hasn't been for quite some time. There are a few around the trail.

3. Not likely muddy, even after a drizzle. The "clearing" is just barely that. Just enough sun gets through to have allowed it to be fairly overgrown now. I'm still fascinated that as little as 6 years ago it looked like a gravel road from above. Keep in mind that when they drained the lake last, they built that jetty (I did see one old photo where the jetty was not visible above the water), so I assume that was how they'd accessed that drain in the past. Just my opinion, I'll try to get some old-timin' local to fill me in on the history of those woods.

Thank you Ollipop for the pictures and answering our questions. TY to JaimeinLA for asking some very good questions. I'm late to the game, so maybe I missed it, but where is the hole in the fence that was mentioned by the families I believe? Just trying to get a visual on it. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Respectfully, I have to point out that is was LOCAL LE who made the statement that they believed SK was alive.

They also were pretty clear about saying in the Koenig case that they had no evidence she was dead, so they believed she was alive, they NEVER said there was evidence she was alive. This is a different animal.

They also were pretty clear about saying in the Koenig case that they had no evidence she was dead, so they believed she was alive, they NEVER said there was evidence she was alive. This is a different animal.

But is there evidence they are STILL alive (if there ever was)?

:gthanks: To both of you!

I have a terrible time visualizing the area. I thought about planning a field trip for myself, but I live in NC so...I don't know :waitasec: ...kind of seems like a long way to go on a field trip. :crosseyed:

BBM -

I have thought about it A LOT! And, I'm way down South.

Incidentially, I was in the car a few days ago and heard a report about the girls on the radio. It was one of those little news blurbs that come on between shows/music. They told about the case but didn't mention the girls' names or give any way for anyone to be able to look for info. about the case. I was glad they were mentioned this far from Iowa but thought, "what's the point?"

The FBI would not be looking at white vans w/o having some good reason. Wondering if some cameras around homes in the area have surfaced that showed white vans in the area on or before July 13th when the girls went missing.

Looks like they are actively seeking out the white van owners and interviewing them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...in-surveillance-photos-speaks-to-authorities/

http://www.kare11.com/news/national/article/985287/18/FBI-questioning-man-in-Iowa-missing-girls-case

And there is fairly aggressive reporting by the media on this as well. This to me is speaking volumes.

Girls it is time to be found and hopefully alive and well although as the time progresses, the chance of survival lessens which saddens me greatly.

<BBM>

Both of those links and the link from this morning relate to one man and one white van that was seen at a gas station at 2 pm on July 13. That one guy has been ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member