IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree! I find myself really observing any and all vans now days. They are the vehicle of choice for most perps IMO. Does anyone remember the Ken and Barbie killers in Canada? I think I remember they had a van too. It seems like there would be a lot of white vans to rule out one by one even if they are ruling out just white vans in Black Hawk county.

They had a trans-am I think, or it was a camaro.

And no one got a licence plate number?

I tried looking for an update on that case.... no luck! Very scary. White Ford Econoline-type van (could possibly hold up to 16 people) with green plates. Happened in Massachusetts. They have green plates there. I see Iowa has had them too. Interesting and frightening!

Another thing, the father whose son was almost abducted in Cedar Rapids didn't get a license plate number but he knew the make of the van? Most mini vans from a distance are hard to make out what model they are. The white van I saw at the lake was an oldsmobile with tinted back windows. Maybe the father has the make of the van wrong? I would hope that the LE are not fixated on a Astro van only.

Astro minivans have a distinctive silhouette because they are so tall. The interior height is what makes them great work or dog vehicles.

I'd recognise one in a second. Not the specific year but by the silhouette and I'd get the colour as well.

Doesn't surprise me that the father didn't get the tag, his eyes were on his own child.

Astro minivans have a distinctive silhouette because they are so tall. The interior height is what makes them great work or dog vehicles.

I'd recognise one in a second. Not the specific year but by the silhouette and I'd get the colour as well.

Doesn't surprise me that the father didn't get the tag, his eyes were on his own child.

I think the newer Astros are different now, I could be wrong.

This is looking more like police believe a white van abducted the girls too. If these people are the same in all of these attempt abductions. This may mean pedo ring. JMO

This is looking more like police believe a white van abducted the girls too. If these people are the same in all of these attempt abductions. This may mean pedo ring. JMO

I keep thining about the recent abduction attempt in Colo and Slater Iowa, a white van but also a black one.

http://thegazette.com/2012/08/02/cedar-rapids-police-fielding-several-white-van-tips/
Authorities said the recent events have fueled perceptions that white vans are the vehicles of choice for child predators. Police said 314 white Chevrolet Astro vans between the years of 1992 and 1997 are registered in Linn County.

At one point Thursday morning, while police were checking the van at Family Video, six white vans were going through a nearby intersection from various directions. Some were marked, and some were not.

“Work vans are generally white,” Johnson said. “There are more white vans than anything else.”

They had a trans-am I think, or it was a camaro.

You're right, a camaro, yellow. Read that he switched license plates a lot going between US and Canada. Can't google Ken and Barbie killers.... it redirects me to weird sites for Barbie.... like somebody is trying to erase that connection. Strange.

Since seeing the photos posted by Otto and Ollipop, I do think the girls were abducted from the nature trail.

The girls may have been spotted while on their bike ride and then the perp followed them and once the girls went onto the trail, perp drove to that grassy parking spot just off Artubus and waited.

When I think about this theory, imo this is a local person and they know the park inside out and I think the perp walked from the little shed down the path to the fence line and pretended he lost his puppy and imo this, in all probability, was the lure.

Once the girls stepped onto the path, I can see him pretending to try to get his puppy to come out of the tall grass and worked his way all the way up to his parked vehicle.

If the girl's family had of shown up, he could just go along with the story the girls were helping him look for his dog and then once they got near the car, he probably pretended to hear the puppy closer to the car and then the abduction occurred.

There could have been another person(s) waiting in the car to help with the abduction laying down in the back seat.

It puts me in the mind of the PB/KH abduction of KF by using a map and needing directions as the lure.

Unfortunately, there is something about little animals that catches children and even adults off guard.

This is all just speculation and IMO only.

If three people tryed to abduct that five yr old in Cedar Rapids, maybe that's what happened to the girls. JMO

Spent the morning looking into the Franklin Child Prostitution Ring. I'm new to all this, so I'm curious what some of you more seasoned sleuthers think. Real? Hoax?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Coverup

Very disturbing, either way. And pretty close geographically to Iowa.

I believe it was a hoax.

And yes, within about 20 miles of the western Iowa border.

Man, this world is so evil, it's so hard to comprehend (sic).

It could be an elderly person, or someone from a culture where it is far more normal to have physical contact between people. He's been ruled out. Even though he has a white van, there's no reason for him to automatically assume that he is a potential suspect that should be cautious about everything he does. He may not even read the news.

I've just skimmed the posts from today, so I hope this is relevant. Where I work there's a local that's always around the area. He's mentally handicapped, (not sure if that's politically correct?) and talks and talks to anyone that happens to be outside.

The other day at lunch a new employee freaked out when he "verbally accosted her", told her he loved her then blew her a kiss. I think she was relieved when she then saw him tell the rest of us he loved us, and blew us all a kiss. She just didn't know him like we did.

She said she was afraid to encourage or make him mad in any way. She was trying not to be overtly rude, but trying to politely ignore him - she'd had a stranger approach her once, who grabbed her cell phone and ran with it after the stranger initiated the conversation... so interpretation could also depend on past experience :twocents:

http://thegazette.com/2012/08/02/cedar-rapids-police-fielding-several-white-van-tips/
Authorities said the recent events have fueled perceptions that white vans are the vehicles of choice for child predators. Police said 314 white Chevrolet Astro vans between the years of 1992 and 1997 are registered in Linn County.

At one point Thursday morning, while police were checking the van at Family Video, six white vans were going through a nearby intersection from various directions. Some were marked, and some were not.

“Work vans are generally white,” Johnson said. “There are more white vans than anything else.”

the problem with so many white vans is car dealerships order groups of them with basic features so any type of business or independent contractor can buy one and easily have their log added...I think the perps use them because they just "blend in"...we are all so used to seeing them everywhere!!

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12209.shtml

snipped:
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/ FOX28) —Calls have been pouring in to the police department since Wednesday all describing the same thing—a suspicious white vehicle in the neighborhood.

“We’ve gotten between 30 and 40 calls to our investigative division alone,” said Sergeant Cristy Hamblin.

So far, none have matched the vehicle police are looking for: a 1990s white Chevrolet Astro Van used Tuesday when three people tried to kidnap a five-year-old boy riding his bicycle near the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard SW.

“There’s approximately 3,900 white vans in the state of Iowa, white Astro vans,” Hamblin said.

I agree was well. I first heard of it after I stumbled upon Noreen Gosch's book (mother of Johnny Gosch, paperboy that disappeared in Iowa when I was a paperboy of the same age). I realize many have debunked her, and she has been labeled as crazy, but the stuff that her story led me to, and the world it attempted to expose, is very scary. Considering the power and money involved, and their ability to cover their own tracks with influence and/or intimidation, it doesn't surprise me that the whole thing is labeled as a "conspiracy." I can't understand why a mother of a missing boy would invent some of the things Gosch did. While I'm sure she embellished, exaggerated, and connected dots that maybe were a stretch, I have a hard time believing it was a complete hoax.

Strictly my own opinion: I believe that Noreen Gosch wants so much to think that her son is still alive that she is willing to believe anything that leads to that conclusion.

John Gosch, Johnny Gosch's father, divorced Noreen in 1993 and has stated that he does not believe any of the sightings are real.

He has said in interviews that he believes Noreen became hooked on all the media attention they received after Johnny's disappearance.

It is easier for me to believe that one grief stricken woman has confabulated a conspiracy theory than it is for me to believe that hundreds of politicians and other prominent men are engaged in such a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78