IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said 314 white Chevrolet Astro vans between the years of 1992 and 1997 are registered in Linn County. http://thegazette.com/2012/08/02/ced...hite-van-tips/

You know that seems to be the usually amount of RSO in any given area in these missing kids cases and they usually have tracked them in such a short time, it often makes my head spin. So it shouldn't be a tremendous problem for this specific van, should it? Although the cases may not be related the DWV (Darn White Van) needs to be investigated. What is it about white trucks & vans anyway???? Seriously!

Maybe he had to go home and flush the toilet a lot before having LE visit..I say that having once been a hippie...

3 hours?????

Ok, maybe.

It would've been simpler to call the cops right there and then on the side of the road.

:moo:

If it was a van abduction, they would have taken the bikes. Unless they were staging it. Why? Other theories. JMHO

Recently a man in a battered old van was driving alongside me at night and motioning towards my back tires. I figured it was an evil ploy and ignored him and drove to an open gas station for safety. Then I saw that there was a white plastic bag somehow stuck in the tire rim. OOPS. Thank you sir, sorry I was so suspicious.

You did right. :) My friend believed the man who motioned towards the back of her car about 20 years ago and she was kidnapped. True story, he's in jail now, and she wasn't his first, there were several he was tried for. She was lucky to get away unharmed.

OK no one is going to like this but -

Chances are this abduction is one of the most exciting thing that has happened around the area for a while.

Everyone wants to get involved...hell, look at us...we do too.

I think all these "attempted abductions" are a combination of fear (understandably) and a subconscious wish to be the one who helps break the case.

Everyone wants those girls back.

Locals...the family has gone very, very quiet...no media that I have seen for a week or so now...am I correct in this?

tia.

Spent the morning looking into the Franklin Child Prostitution Ring. I'm new to all this, so I'm curious what some of you more seasoned sleuthers think. Real? Hoax?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Coverup

Very disturbing, either way. And pretty close geographically to Iowa.

OMG! I just finished reading a book on that and am ashamed to say I cannot remember the author's name. I would have to look on my Kindle and I am too lazy.

Those poor kids/young people. And to this day, they still aren't believed and no justice was served. :(

OMG! I just finished reading a book on that and am ashamed to say I cannot remember the author's name. I would have to look on my Kindle and I am too lazy.

Those poor kids/young people. And to this day, they still aren't believed and no justice was served. :(

Sorry to quote myself; but I do NOT believe it was a hoax. Not at all.

Chances are this abduction is one of the most exciting thing that has happened around the area for a while.

I think all these "attempted abductions" are a combination of fear (understandably) and a subconscious wish to be the one who helps break the case.

Locals...the family has gone very, very quiet...no media that I have seen for a week or so now...am I correct in this?

tia.

I think that happened with all the attempted kidnappings by the man in the white van in WV back in the spring - I think someone linked it a few pages back. Maybe they all were genuine, maybe one - who knows. If this was the same guy, he was spending a fortune in gas all the places he was reportedly seen! :rocker:

tia.

Yep! You are correct! I can just imagine the scanner activity prior and after having many, many more calls than normal.... Everybody is on edge.

You're right, a camaro, yellow. Read that he switched license plates a lot going between US and Canada. Can't google Ken and Barbie killers.... it redirects me to weird sites for Barbie.... like somebody is trying to erase that connection. Strange.

Try gooling Paull Bernardo and Karla Homolka. I'm from Canada, and didn't even realize that that is how they were referred to, as the Ken and Barbie killers.

I think that happened with all the attempted kidnappings by the man in the white van in WV back in the spring - I think someone linked it a few pages back. Maybe they all were genuine, maybe one - who knows. If this was the same guy, he was spending a fortune in gas all the places he was reportedly seen! :rocker:

Let alone winning the prize for being "most failed abductor ever".

:banghead:

I'm in PA and found myself looking white vans, it has really affected us, huh?
Esp ones with no windows!

LA here and giving the side-eye to white vans all day, even when they say "comcast" on the side........

And I'm in the same state with the DWT!

Too much white!

3 weeks tomorrow.............

I know it's terrible I bet it has felt like a lifetime to the girls friends and family and the worst part is it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon.

I'm hoping this case doesn't start losing the attention of the public soon and goes cold.

I would just like to point out that all of these "attempted abductions" relate to one child only.

Abductors don't usually "buy in bulk".

Try gooling Paull Bernardo and Karla Homolka. I'm from Canada, and didn't even realize that that is how they were referred to.

Thank you. I did try googling just Bernardo and it would bring up sites regarding him and Homolka, but when I google Homolka computer does strange things again. It brings up several images of her including the one where he had beaten her, but no sympathy from me. I'm gonna try googling them together and see if what happens. Those are two very bad people. I believe they were able to get so many young girls specifically because Homolka was involved.

if this is some kind of ring or even 1 guy..........they are sick and will get braver and do more .....JMOO
If it is 'internal', there will be no more kidnappings.......

I know it's terrible I bet it has felt like a lifetime to the girls friends and family and the worst part is it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon.

I'm hoping this case doesn't start losing the attention of the public soon and goes cold.

You need to read about Daniel Morcombe, down here in Australia.

There are a lot of similarities.

The case was not "solved" for eight years.

LE involved in the case have become very close friends with his parents. They never, ever stopped looking, just the media stopped.

It turned out that they had a suspect all along, just couldn't prove it. It is actually a very interesting criminal case. The family pushed for an inquest and that is finally what caused all the pieces to fall together, and Daniel was finally found and brought home.

Very, very sad. I doubt anyone in Australia forgot about him, he was such a beautiful boy and it was such a sickening crime.

By the way...the vehicle the abductor used? A white Pajero (SUV).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78