IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 hours?????

Ok, maybe.

It would've been simpler to call the cops right there and then on the side of the road.

:moo:

Maybe he was worried about if he had an outstanding warrant or something.

Thank you. I did try googling just Bernardo and it would bring up sites regarding him and Homolka, but when I google Homolka computer does strange things again. It brings up several images of her including the one where he had beaten her, but no sympathy from me. I'm gonna try googling them together and see if what happens. Those are two very bad people. I believe they were able to get so many young girls specifically because Homolka was involved.

Here's here Wikipedia page:

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that happened with all the attempted kidnappings by the man in the white van in WV back in the spring - I think someone linked it a few pages back. Maybe they all were genuine, maybe one - who knows. If this was the same guy, he was spending a fortune in gas all the places he was reportedly seen! :rocker:

My friend has a used car sale lot and he has a theory on why the white van stories. He says that one of the cheapest used cars you can buy are white vans. That is because there are thousands of 'company cars' that are white vans or trucks and they eventually turn them all in for resale. They have lots of miles on them, but are usually in good shape overall. But they are not really sought after, so there are lots of cheap ones available.

Anyway, he says there are so many of them and they sell so cheaply, that it makes sense that there would be a multitude of low-life perps driving around in white vans.

Maybe he was worried about if he had an outstanding warrant or something.

Maybe.

I find it a bit odd that he got such a great description of the van and the people inside of it, but not even one part of a number plate.

He must've been right on top of them nearly, he said the female had a tattoo on the web of her hand, but still no number plate.

Maybe.

I find it a bit odd that he got such a great description of the van and the people inside of it, but not even one part of a number plate.

He must've been right on top of them nearly, he said the female had a tattoo on the web of her hand, but still no number plate.

See...that's what I thought.:what:

Yep! You are correct! I can just imagine the scanner activity prior and after having many, many more calls than normal.... Everybody is on edge.

That's a good thing, it means they will (hopefully) be more alert.

One thing's for sure, only an idiot would attempt an abduction in Iowa right now.

I know, he saw she had a tattoo, but didn't see the plate numbers. Oh, great point Sapphire Steel.

I agree about MK; I just have my doubts about the level of interest outside of those who are already interested and concerned about the issue. And unfortunately, with the attention span of a lot of the TV audience, not sure how it would go over, when there is so seldom a conclusion, satisfactory or otherwise. JMO

I may be remembering this wrong, and please correct me if you know. At one point Iowa LE was going to have a trucker's t.v. Cast that did nothing but run missing children and Amber alerts. We have the largest truck stop in the US close by, Walcott Truck Stop, I-80 truck stop... Anyone know? TIA....

I thought that was a great idea!!

Maybe.

I think the child might have seen the hand tattoo and described it. And the plate might have been covered with mud or something, to keep anyone from seeing the tag #. If I was about to go hunting for kids, I would try and cover my plate #.

Also, he was probably seeing the side of the van, not the front or back. I bet his eyes were glued on his boy, and he may not have had the chance to see the plates, but he would have seen the people trying to grab his son because they were right there with the kid.

If it was a van abduction, they would have taken the bikes. Unless they were staging it. Why? Other theories. JMHO

They could have been lured from the maintenance gate all the way up the path (perp with them) to a waiting vehicle parked in that little spot off of Artubus. Their bikes were just left where they were lured from. IMO

Because quite possibly the girl in the back of the van had also been kidnapped and is being held against her will.

Have to be pretty ballsy to go trolling for victims with one already in the van...Good lord thats a frightening thought.

Maybe.

This has sounded hinky to me all along. Were there any independent witnesses, video, etc.? I guess I'm too cynical.

I think the child might have seen the hand tattoo and described it. And the plate might have been covered with mud or something, to keep anyone from seeing the tag #. If I was about to go hunting for kids, I would try and cover my plate #.

Also, he was probably seeing the side of the van, not the front or back. I bet his eyes were glued on his boy, and he may not have had the chance to see the plates, but he would have seen the people trying to grab his son because they were right there with the kid.

Covering a licence plate will attract LE attention...I doubt they would be covered as it is an offence right there. These guys want to go under the radar.

Obtaining stolen plates is as easy as pie.

It just seems odd...added in with the 3 hour delay in reporting.

See...that's what I thought.:what:

If someone is trying to abduct my kid, my first response would be my kid. I would notice the people grabbing him and I also notice details such as tatoos. Numbers blur to me so I probably would have no chance at the license. I also think he may have been in some shock which may be why it took so long to report. Did that really just happen? That would be going through my head. Plus, I would lose an hour kissin and huggin my kid.

JMO

Oh, in regards to the man who put his hand on the girl's cheek, if it wasn't an attempted abduction, don't put your hands on my kid, period.
JMo though...

Maybe.

but didn't he see MN plates???

If it was a van abduction, they would have taken the bikes. Unless they were staging it. Why? Other theories. JMHO

Maybe staged so LE would think the girls drowned... And it worked, gave the perps more time to get away.... IDK, I just wish we knew if they were alive. Did LE say they found evidence when they drained the lake or around the lake area? I tried to find a link... TIA as always!!

If someone is trying to abduct my kid, my first response would be my kid. I would notice the people grabbing him and I also notice details such as tatoos. Numbers blur to me so I probably would have no chance at the license. I also think he may have been in some shock which may be why it took so long to report. Did that really just happen? That would be going through my head. Plus, I would lose an hour kissin and huggin my kid.

JMO

Oh, in regards to the man who put his hand on the girl's cheek, if it wasn't an attempted abduction, don't put your hands on my kid, period.
JMo though...

So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members