IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what is confusing to others in other states that think Evansdale is a quaint little town is the fact they don't realize it is smack next to Waterloo which is big. So it's not a small town situated in Iowa alone.

I must confess I have no real concept of the towns over there.

In Australia the place is so damn big and empty that you will have sometimes thousands of km between one town and the next.

Perfect for abducting kids really but it hardly ever happens. My kids walked to and from school once they were in high school, and were perfectly safe, just like millions of other kids around the world.

Random abductions are very, very rare. Random abductions of TWO children are so rare as to be virutally non-existent.

Her story has morphed.

Now it's a gesture towards her face. And, uh, not quite where she said it happened.

I think, overexcited kid.

More likely overexcited parent....

That person would never get by with that if I were there! Totally unacceptable to "invade" another person's "space" or comfort zone, JMO...

This really makes the most sense to me. I think they were messing around by the water's edge; throwing rocks or locking at shiny stones with cool patterns so they were already on the wrong side of the fence. Someone grabs Elisabeth and she drops her purse. Both of them forced to the vehicle under cover of the woods to a waiting vehicle. Could be done by just one perp or more. Could be someone they knew or a complete stranger. It was quick and poof, they are gone with no one messing with their bikes.

I like your theory, but the only thing that stumps me is the bikes in the path. I don't know if it's been in reported how the girls treated their bikes, but I think unless surprised in some way I can't see girls running down to the edge of the lake leaving the bikes in the way of other cyclers. Not necessarily out of courtesy as habit.

*As a young girl I enjoyed polishing my bike super shiny just as much as I did riding it, and I can still remember kicking out the kickstand, but everyone's different. I've seen my friend's boys jump off their bike at a run and the bike go flying the opposite direction. :D

Two children have been taken and/or killed together before, I believe several instances were accounted early on in this case, and sometimes both found dead together as the girls in Oklahoma some years back. The reason/motive can still be the same as in cases of singular abductions, i.e. sexual most frequent, IMO, or just plain evil. I would think revenge is probably a lesser instance in these cases, except for custodial cases.

I am not thinking child sex rings at this point.

I know one thing friends, that frickin path through the fences was scary for me to ride through. Where the bikes were found. It was so secluded.

More likely overexcited parent....

That person would never get by with that if I were there! Totally unacceptable to "invade" another person's "space" or comfort zone, JMO...

Personal space and comfort zones are very subjective and highly dependent upon culture.

I know I feel faintly ill at ease with most people because almost everyone I meet invades my personal space. Even if they are not physically in my space, they are intrusive with their eyes.

But I was raised by a Korean father. Personal space in Korea is larger than the US and it is considered very rude to look directly at other people as you pass them on the street, etc.

When strangers look at me, it feels rude, disrespectful and invasive, even though I know intellectually that it isn't rude or invasive for most USAns.

Culturally, many Latinos have much less personal space than most USAns.

If I went by my personal feelings, I'd be on the phone to 911 constantly.

Personal opinion - the bag was taken from the girls and hurled out the vehicle window as they drove away.

I have never seen a pic of the scene, do you have a link?

tia.

I believe Ollipop has posted some photos of the area. And IIRC, one of the first articles about the disappearance had a photo. Sorry I don't have links to any of those.

Welcome back:seeya:

I'm not quite caught up, but I'm not sold on the alleged attempted abduction of a 5 y/o. If I saw a 5 y/o riding their bike alone, I'd probably stop and offer him a ride home. Did the kid say what the people said to him? We're they just concerned citizens? It took 3 Hours for dad to report it, why?

Is it possible dad didn't report it because he thought they were just concerned citizens until he saw all of the other alleged attempted abductions and thought he'd report it, just in case?

I'm not implying anything nefarious towards the dad, but it always seems like stories get exaggerated.

Two children have been taken and/or killed together before, I believe several instances were accounted early on in this case, and sometimes both found dead together as the girls in Oklahoma some years back. The reason/motive can still be the same as in cases of singular abductions, i.e. sexual most frequent, IMO, or just plain evil. I would think revenge is probably a lesser instance in these cases, except for custodial cases.

There was a case in Washington state where two girls went missing and after many months or maybe years, they found them buried in their neighbors back yard. He had been a pedo all along but not registered. I think the pig even helped search and comforted the family! I cannot remember their names, I will find a link hopefully, and post. So sad this world is horrific at times...

Thank you Marilyn! Your link worked. Still can't believe she is free :maddening:

Ugh. That sick beech was, IMO, as guilty as her disgusting pig of a husband. It makes my skin crawl that she has children.

I want to also add that the pictures of the fenced in area looks more open and bright then it really is. I was there at about 1pm and it was kinda dark from the foilage. Maybe at 3pm or out it would have more light from the sun.

Personal opinion - the bag was taken from the girls and hurled out the vehicle window as they drove away.

tia.

good suggestion about a toss (I think that was another of my early theories) - no, didn't see pictures of the items and their placement, just saw the various snapshots of the area where they were found.

Might find pics here http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...- Lyric Cook-Morrissey -IA-/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

and I think Ollipop has a lot of the area.

Oh..and it's not a straight path is curves slightly.

I believe you have kind of hit it right on the head.

Human trafficking is the selling of a person for financial reasons.

I believe this may well be the case here, sad to say.

The motives are usually - sex, revenge, or money. That's pretty much it. The fact that TWO were taken leads me to believe that the latter two are behind it, motive wise.

One child? Sex.

Two children? A whole different ball game.

In fact, an abduction of two older children at once is so rare that I can personally think of no other case. Anyone else?

:moo:

Dylan was 11 and Shasta was 8 when kidnapped.

Heaven knows I watch too much Investigation Discovery, but I remember watching a case not too long ago that featured the abduction of two girls, but there was more than one perp involved. One girl was killed and one escaped, I believe.

tia.

No, that wouldn't have been possible. It would have been way too far away with the wooded area in between the areas. I don't think a car could drive down the bike trail. Maybe a local could clarify that for us.

The purse was between the fence and the lake. It was 10 feet to the east of the bikes and two feet from the fence. According to DM, FWIW, the bikes were found right by the open gate that led from the trail into the area by the lake.

MOO, the girls were sitting down inside the area between the fence and the lake. I believe they were visiting/chatting with the perp. there and he/she/they lead them from that spot through the open gate and onto the trail. Then, past the bikes which had been parked there, and into a vehicle that came by at just at the right time. Perfect timing.

That's how I've imagined it in my mind. Familiar perp(s). An accomplice.

BBM

Im not either.

Katherine Mary Lyon (aged 10), and Sheila Mary Lyon (aged 12) were two sisters who disappeared without a trace during a trip to a local mall in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., in 1975. Known colloquially as The Lyon Sisters, their case resulted in one of the largest police investigations in Washington Metropolitan Area history. The case remains unsolved.

Here is one unsolved case but there is more that involved more than one child taken at a time.

IMO

Covering a licence plate will attract LE attention...I doubt they would be covered as it is an offence right there. These guys want to go under the radar.

Obtaining stolen plates is as easy as pie.

It just seems odd...added in with the 3 hour delay in reporting.

:moo:

I've seen license plates for sale at garage sales. The current style - go figure?
Thief's dream :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member