IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is trying to abduct my kid, my first response would be my kid. I would notice the people grabbing him and I also notice details such as tatoos. Numbers blur to me so I probably would have no chance at the license. I also think he may have been in some shock which may be why it took so long to report. Did that really just happen? That would be going through my head. Plus, I would lose an hour kissin and huggin my kid.

JMO

Oh, in regards to the man who put his hand on the girl's cheek, if it wasn't an attempted abduction, don't put your hands on my kid, period.
JMo though...

Hell YES!

But didn't LE say he never touched her, just all a big misunderstanding?

I would just like to point out that all of these "attempted abductions" relate to one child only.

Abductors don't usually "buy in bulk".

:moo:

I agree that most relate to one child. However, this was posted earlier:

Springfield Police Looking for Van, Occupants in Attempted Kidnapping
June 21st, 2012

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) – Springfield Police are asking the public’s help in locating a van, allegedly involved in an attempted kidnapping Wednesday evening.

Around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, police say that a large white van, occupied by two men, allegedly approached two 13-year-old girls near the intersection of Dickinson Street and Keith Street.

The passenger attempted to grab the girls and pull them into the van, according to police.

The girls were able to escape to safety and call police.

Detectives with the department’s special victims unit are now looking for the van and seeking the two men inside for questioning.

Police are also looking to check on the well-being of a girl reportedly seen inside the van at the time of the attempted kidnapping.

Witness told police that a girl was seen in a rear window motioning for the girls on the street to run away.

The van is described as a large white van with green license plates. The van may hold about 16 people and police believe it may be similar to a Ford Econoline van.

http://www.wggb.com/2012/06/21/sprin...ed-kidnapping/

I did try to follow-up on this story, but could not find anything else. I do believe more than one person was involved with L&E whether a stranger abduction or otherwise.....

but didn't he see MN plates???

Yes. I have been looking at the MN state RSO registry to see if they have any unaccounted for, they do, big surprise there! I know now things I wish I didn't, there are some really BAD RSO's out living amongst us. Level 3, yikes...

I think these sex rings have a bigger reach then I ever imagined! Hate to say it but these beautiful girls could be anywhere by now...so very sad!!

They could have been lured from the maintenance gate all the way up the path (perp with them) to a waiting vehicle parked in that little spot off of Artubus. Their bikes were just left where they were lured from. IMO

This really makes the most sense to me. I think they were messing around by the water's edge; throwing rocks or locking at shiny stones with cool patterns so they were already on the wrong side of the fence. Someone grabs Elisabeth and she drops her purse. Both of them forced to the vehicle under cover of the woods to a waiting vehicle. Could be done by just one perp or more. Could be someone they knew or a complete stranger. It was quick and poof, they are gone with no one messing with their bikes.

Hell YES!

But didn't LE say he never touched her, just all a big misunderstanding?
It is possible he didn't touch her. I am so far behind. I only am able to read a few pages here and there.

I have had people in grocery stores try to touch my oldest daughter's hair and pinch my son's cheek. I hate it, I may be super sensitive and it is harmless. But, I don't want them ever thinking it is ok for someone to touch them anywhere. I hate the my kids can't be innocent, but there are sick people out there as we all know. So I keep to the standard of don't touch my kid, ever, cuz I will touch you. :). Stepping of my soapbox, sorry.

Re: Ted Bundy and white van while on killing spree in Florida:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/bundy/13.html

"A few days before Kimberly Leach had disappeared, a strange man in a white van approached a fourteen-year-old girl as she waited for her brother to pick her up. The man had claimed he was from the fire department and asked her if she attended the school nearby. She found it strange that an on-duty fireman was wearing plaid pants and a navy jacket. She began to feel uncomfortable. She had been warned on many occasions by her father, who was the Chief of Detectives for the Jacksonville Police Department, not to talk with strangers. She was relieved when her brother drove up. Suspicious of the man, her brother ordered her into the car, followed the man and wrote down his license plate to give it to his father."

The van was stolen and it was later proven that Ted Bundy was the man driving it.

I know he was known for his VW but trust me, I grew up in FL and Kimberly Leach was about my age and we were very frightened girls, especially when it came to white vans.

I may be remembering this wrong, and please correct me if you know. At one point Iowa LE was going to have a trucker's t.v. Cast that did nothing but run missing children and Amber alerts. We have the largest truck stop in the US close by, Walcott Truck Stop, I-80 truck stop... Anyone know? TIA....

I thought that was a great idea!!

Off topic but amusing: check the wording on the Walcott truck stop carefully. It's actually the "world's largest truck stop on Iowa Interstate 80."

No doubt it is.

It is horribly scary.

Evansdale looks like such a nice little town.

Sadly the days of Mayberry are long gone, thanks mainly to the drug culture.

Meth destroys.

Maybe staged so LE would think the girls drowned... And it worked, gave the perps more time to get away.... IDK, I just wish we knew if they were alive. Did LE say they found evidence when they drained the lake or around the lake area? I tried to find a link... TIA as always!!

I said that in the very beginning. Great set-up, while precious information was ignored by LE then "disappeared" by the perp. :sigh:

I know a lot's been said about the purse and it's location. I'd really like to know what was in the purse other than a cell phone. I know my friend's daughter had to have a purse when she reached a certain girly phase. She got one, and had nothing to put in it, so she asked the rest of us for donations. It wasn't the contents as much as the purse as that rite of passage. Maybe Lizzie was attacked down by the lake, and she used her purse to try and fend off her abductor - and being so light-weight that's how it ended up where it did?

I don't have the patience to study the pics or think about the strategic placement of items, so if what I've suggested is impossible according to the original descriptions, just ignore....I'm glad there are those of you here that CAN think like that. My brain just doesn't work that way. :giggle:

I hope this isn't right, but I'm thinking that two girls would be a big pay check for an abducter who is doing this for others. Like they are abducting kids for money for other perps.

I agree that most relate to one child. However, this was posted earlier:

I did try to follow-up on this story, but could not find anything else. I do believe more than one person was involved with L&E whether a stranger abduction or otherwise.....
:what: I hope they find them that little girl could be one of the many we are trying to find!

I bet those monsters tried to use that little girl to lure other kids, sounds like maybe she didn't and instead helped them get away, but at her own expense. Praying she is okay and they know who she is, but I know that it is probably not the case.

Something has to stop this or someone....so sad. THESE PEOPLE THAT DO THIS TO KIDS ARE PIGS!! Sorry but I am so upset by that report. :(

Three hours to call LE is beyond bizarre to me, sorry.
And not getting the plate is just incomprehensible.
I know you are worried about your child, but good grief, you take the time to note the van type and model but no plate? And wasn't he on or near his motorcycle, or did I read that part wrong-why not take the he** off after the van until he DOES get the plate #?

The 3 hours though...makes no sense at all.

I said that in the very beginning. Great set-up, while precious information was ignored by LE then "disappeared" by the perp. :sigh:

I know a lot's been said about the purse and it's location. I'd really like to know what was in the purse other than a cell phone. I know my friend's daughter had to have a purse when she reached a certain girly phase. She got one, and had nothing to put in it, so she asked the rest of us for donations. It wasn't the contents as much as the purse as that rite of passage. Maybe Lizzie was attacked down by the lake, and she used her purse to try and fend off her abductor - and being so light-weight that's how it ended up where it did?

I don't have the patience to study the pics or think about the strategic placement of items, so if what I've suggested is impossible according to the original descriptions, just ignore....I'm glad there are those of you here that CAN think like that. My brain just doesn't work that way. :giggle:

Personal opinion - the bag was taken from the girls and hurled out the vehicle window as they drove away.

I have never seen a pic of the scene, do you have a link?

tia.

If someone is trying to abduct my kid, my first response would be my kid. I would notice the people grabbing him and I also notice details such as tatoos. Numbers blur to me so I probably would have no chance at the license. I also think he may have been in some shock which may be why it took so long to report. Did that really just happen? That would be going through my head. Plus, I would lose an hour kissin and huggin my kid.

JMO

Oh, in regards to the man who put his hand on the girl's cheek, if it wasn't an attempted abduction, don't put your hands on my kid, period.
JMo though...

Her story has morphed.

Now it's a gesture towards her face. And, uh, not quite where she said it happened.

I think, overexcited kid.

It is horribly scary.

Evansdale looks like such a nice little town.

Sadly the days of Mayberry are long gone, thanks mainly to the drug culture.

Meth destroys.

I think that what is confusing to others in other states that think Evansdale is a quaint little town is the fact they don't realize it is smack next to Waterloo which is big. So it's not a small town situated in Iowa alone.

Personal opinion - the bag was taken from the girls and hurled out the vehicle window as they drove away.

I have never seen a pic of the scene, do you have a link?

tia.

Totally agree, and the bikes left so LE would think they were somewhere around the lake playing, or they went swimming and drowned! :(

I hope this isn't right, but I'm thinking that two girls would be a big pay check for an abducter who is doing this for others. Like they are abducting kids for money for other perps.

I believe you have kind of hit it right on the head.

Human trafficking is the selling of a person for financial reasons.

I believe this may well be the case here, sad to say.

The motives are usually - sex, revenge, or money. That's pretty much it. The fact that TWO were taken leads me to believe that the latter two are behind it, motive wise.

One child? Sex.

Two children? A whole different ball game.

In fact, an abduction of two older children at once is so rare that I can personally think of no other case. Anyone else?

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member