IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree Local LE have said that in many cases,

However... I have never heard the FBI say it.... They always hold things tight to their vest...

But what Tangible evidence would mean they are alive... :waitasec:

You are absolutely right CN2Souls!

Ollipop said that there is a little hill along with that curve and you can't see what's ahead until you clear it. I would think at bike speed you'd be to the gate area pretty quick after you cleared the hill and curve. moo:moo:

Still, the area where you marked the red arrow is a single fence area, and the bikes were found in a double fence area. The distance from the curve on the west side to the drainage pipe is more that 150 feet, so it's difficult for me to imagine that the cyclist came around a curve and had to swerve to miss a bike that was more than 150 ahead on the path ... unless, perhaps he worded it poorly.

Looking at a 3D view, it doesn't look like there's a hill at the west side of the double fenced area:

meyerslakewestside.jpg

Also, we don't know for sure that the cyclist indeed saw the bikes belonging to the two girls. I would like the police to tell us if the location where the bikes were found is the same as the location where the cyclist says that he saw a bike on the path.

Do we know for sure that the bikes were found at the gate beside the drainage pipe?

I don't think Aunt Tammy is going to give another interview. The reporters would ask questions about her children and family that she probably would not want in the nationwide media. IMO

Good point, well made!!

It doesn't look to me like it would be very easy to get from the bike trail onto Maiden Lane. You would either have to climb that tall fence or go aways down toward the grassy area and then come back through the woods on the other side of the fence.

I can't believe these girls were taken for protection or concern. I would think it would have happened much earlier in their lives if this was the case. Unless of course we are still thinking about the GM's interview where she said RM had become a snitch. And even then I would think the family would know the people who could be involved and would have told LE who they are. Or LE should know who those people are if in fact RM had snitched on them. Does that make sense??? jmo

I don't like saying it, and this is imhoo but I don't believe the girls were
taken for protection either.
I don't think LE has any idea where these kids are because if they knew
LE would have picked them up and brought them home.
That's a fact. 4 LE officers in my family...1 city, 2 state , 1 FBI they all told
me that.

Whatever evidence LE/FBI said they had to show the girls were alive...either did not pan out or was not very helpful in locating them or finding a suspect in the past two weeks or so...

My thoughts as well.

Thanks ... The jetty is the drainage pipe, so it makes sense that there would be a gate at that area, however, there in no curve in the trail there. The trail is straight all long that stretch - parallel to the highway. Also, in the area where you have the red arrow, there is only a single fence. The double fence leaves the trail and seems to end about 100 feet to the east of the red arrow.

meyers_lake_fences.jpg
These are Ollipop's pictures that he took and posted for us in an earlier thread, both taken at the gate, one looking east and one looking west. You can see the hill and curve in the west picture. By looking at his pictures I can see where TG on his bike would be at the gate quickly after coming down the hill and through a blind curve. (please forgive my crude writing and drawing in the pictures)

Attachments

• 5b1.jpg
    5b1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 5c1.jpg
    5c1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 45
It doesn't look to me like it would be very easy to get from the bike trail onto Maiden Lane. You would either have to climb that tall fence or go aways down toward the grassy area and then come back through the woods on the other side of the fence.

I thoughT I read a ways back the fence had an opening cut into it.. Does anyone know? I could be totally wrong tho

Iowa must have missed the memo, I never heard anything about that. We have businesses that rent those signs and you see them everywhere (the new baby signs). They also rent huge happy birthday signs like Spongebob, Dora, etc... That read the child's name and birthdate. I always thought they were like advertising your child to the perp. They would know the child's name, and how old they are, that they just celebrated their birthday. Way too much info.

Also, at the county fair here and across the river firemen have display tables with material teaching families how to be safe and one of the items on the table is a pile of stickers that read child's room, and it sticks to the window.

whitty, I don't live in Iowa and 3 homes in my neighborhood have those
stork signs in the yard today. I've lived here 27 years and never has a child
been kidnapped.

Taking a fast guess, and thinking if something very important was missing from the purse, like an epi-pen or inhaler ect., that might indicate a person is alive... hopefully.

Or a note?

Could it be possible there has been pictures of them posted on the internet since their disappearance?

That was 13 days ago though, and it was the FBI. Nothing else from them, except to say they don't want to discuss the content of the tips that are coming in. IMO

To me it is discouraging.

IMO, the white van stuff was a red herring.

bbm
I'm afraid that's true.
If Im remembering correctly the FBI
said there was proof the girls were alive.
The next day local LE said there was nothing
new and said no more pressers.
To me that said, they had nothing. :(
:moo:

I suspect the LE probably needed to double check a few witness statements or tips, among other things.

For instance ; if a neighbor claimed that they saw something across the lake, the police would need to go there and see if it is possible to see such a thing from where they said they were, or if there are trees or a building in the way. They may have tips from neighbors regarding other neighbors. Can they see into this back yard from the tipster's driveway? How long does it take to walk from here to there? How well can a person hear someone's voice from across the lake?

They probably have lots of tips and would rather do it without media and looky-loos like us photographing their every move.

Darkness would be no problem. I've looked through my H's nighttime goggles before. (He is LE). I'm sure that local LE has these, they are fairly common.

Still, the area where you marked the red arrow is a single fence area, and the bikes were found in a double fence area. The distance from the curve on the west side to the drainage pipe is more that 150 feet, so it's difficult for me to imagine that the cyclist came around a curve and had to swerve to miss a bike that was more than 150 ahead on the path ... unless, perhaps he worded it poorly.

Also, we don't know for sure that the cyclist indeed saw the bikes belonging to the two girls. I would like the police to tell us if the location where the bikes were found is the same as the location where the cyclist says that he saw a bike on the path.

Do we know for sure that the bikes were found at the gate beside the drainage pipe?

If two perps were on bikes waiting for the girls on the trail they might have dropped there bikes to hide nearby if that's possible, that would explain the cyclist seeing bikes on the ground, say he left and the girls ride up right after. The perps jump them prop up the girls bikes and take there own with the girls. I know it's unlikely but could fit some of the questions about the bikes and also the way the girls could have gotten ambushed, I honestly think this case is all about the bike riding the girls did, that exposed them to someone outside the home

Yes I agree Local LE have said that in many cases,

However... I have never heard the FBI say it.... They always hold things tight to their vest...

But what Tangible evidence would mean they are alive... :waitasec:

I've considered the possibility that they have seen one or both of the girls on a *advertiser censored* site.

I thoughT I read a ways back the fence had an opening cut into it.. Does anyone know? I could be totally wrong tho

I recall one of our locals telling us that the fence had a broken area that had been caused by some sort of traffic accident and gone unrepaired for some months but honestly I can't recall who provided that info. I only know a broken area of fencing near where the bikes were found was discussed waaaay back in the days right after the girls were missing.

I felt a bit defensive too, since I used to have a white minivan.

When you posted that you were going to go over to Evansdale, I started having this funny fantasy of two amateur sleuths in town at the same time ending up sleuthing each other because to each, the behaviour of the other seemed so strange.

I even thought "wouldn't it be funny if they were amateur sleuths on two different web forums? There could be two web forums with hot discussions going on about the creepy person sighted in Evansdale!"

But it sounds like you may have spotted a truly creepy person, that RSO.

:floorlaugh: What a good script for a Woody Allen movie. Two pink panthers!!

The bikes were on the trail and the purse was on the lake side of the fence, 20 feet east of the bikes. It seems to me that the best explanation is that the girls went over the chainlink fence where their bikes were parked and Elizabeth lost her purse walking east.

If the girls were abducted on the path where their bikes were found, I think the perp would want to get them off the path as fast as possible, and that means straight over the fence, whether the girls wanted to go over the fence or not.

These are Ollipop's pictures that he took and posted for us in an earlier thread, both taken at the gate, one looking east and one looking west. You can see the hill and curve in the west picture. By looking at his pictures I can see where TG on his bike would be at the gate quickly after coming down the hill and through a blind curve. (please forgive my crude writing and drawing in the pictures)

Thank you! I'm not seeing a hill, but thank you for helping me understand where the gate is. Now, if we have police stating that the bikes were at the gate, we can better understand where the girls went next.

Looking at a 3D view, it doesn't look like there's a hill at the west side of the double fenced area:

meyerslakewestside.jpg

No, I believe we only know that because DM said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP