IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Im not either.

Katherine Mary Lyon (aged 10), and Sheila Mary Lyon (aged 12) were two sisters who disappeared without a trace during a trip to a local mall in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., in 1975. Known colloquially as The Lyon Sisters, their case resulted in one of the largest police investigations in Washington Metropolitan Area history. The case remains unsolved.

Here is one unsolved case but there is more that involved more than one child taken at a time.

IMO

I faintly remember another case, and I feel badly that I cannot remember the girls names. They were/are sisters also, and were home alone because their mom worked. IIRC, there was a neighbor lady and an aunt who both looked in on them regularly, but on this fateful day, the girls went missing.

The older girl either left a message or a note, I can't remember now, but it said that 'so and so' was taking them to get a birthday cake--and there was a family birthday imminent. So it may have been a family friend who took them.

But neither of the girls were ever seen again. :rose:
I think they were about 8 and 3, IIRC.

My personal theory is the girls were probably dead and disposed of by 1:00. I am not convinced they ever made it to the lake.

I really am curious about the releasing of the still shots of MK at Casey's. There has got to be more to it than meets the eye. How could they not know who he was? How had they not already canvassed his parents house?

So LE basically denies TGs existence, yet they release pics of a man and a van?

I like your theory, but the only thing that stumps me is the bikes in the path. I don't know if it's been in reported how the girls treated their bikes, but I think unless surprised in some way I can't see girls running down to the edge of the lake leaving the bikes in the way of other cyclers. Not necessarily out of courtesy as habit.

*As a young girl I enjoyed polishing my bike super shiny just as much as I did riding it, and I can still remember kicking out the kickstand, but everyone's different. I've seen my friend's boys jump off their bike at a run and the bike go flying the opposite direction. :D

My girls, 8 & 10, never just throw their bikes down, they put the kick stand up. The boys in the neighborhood just jump off and let the bike lay and off they go.
The girls they play with also use the kick stand... Just a thought.

My personal theory is the girls were probably dead and disposed of by 1:00. I am not convinced they ever made it to the lake.

I really am curious about the releasing of the still shots of MK at Casey's. There has got to be more to it than meets the eye. How could they not know who he was? How had they not already canvassed his parents house?

So LE basically denies TGs existence, yet they release pics of a man and a van?

Maybe LE is trying to make the perp think he is getting away with it, while they are watching him to find the girls, IDK...

My girls, 8 & 10, never just throw their bikes down, they put the kick stand up. The boys in the neighborhood just jump off and let the bike lay and off they go.

I'm pretty sure mountain bikes do not have kick stands. I will check and post my findings, but first I've got to make dinner.

You see how this case is stessful to us, can you imagine how the detectives feel. I know I go to bed at night thinking about everything.

It was the FBI that questioned the white van guy last night. They seem to be active in Black Hawk.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/fbi-q...cle_b610791e-dc9b-11e1-ba1a-0019bb2963f4.html

I'm pretty sure I remember Abben saying in a news conference, probably the one where he said he saw the bikes against the fence, that one bike had a kickstand and the other one didn't. (hope I didn't dream that and make that up)

I'm pretty sure mountain bikes do not have kick stands. I will check and post my findings, but first I've got to make dinner.

I didn't know they had mountain bikes - I am SOOOOO behind the times I'm not sure what a mountain bike really is. :blushing: (I had a blue banana bike and thought I was super-cool when I got my yellow 10-speed - there, I'm dating myself)

Seems there's a controversy over mountain bikes and kickstands - mostly their disadvantage for various reasons, so they could have one and might not. May be a good thing to try and find out.

I just want to know what happens when you get off your bike - you just drop it? :floorlaugh:

The double fence prevents a car from going in. So throwing the purse from a car would not have been possible and have it land where it did.

It IS possible for a car to drive down that path. If you go to the scanner thread, you will see it happens.

My DD always used the kickstand too. But since this is a path made of dirt and stuff, the bikes may have fallen over. I wonder if the kickstands were out or still pushed in when the bikes were first seen?

My DD always used the kickstand too. But since this is a path made of dirt and stuff, the bikes may have fallen over. I wonder if the kickstands were out or still pushed in when the bikes were first seen?

The path is concrete.

It was the FBI that questioned the white van guy last night. They seem to be active in Black Hawk.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/fbi-q...cle_b610791e-dc9b-11e1-ba1a-0019bb2963f4.html

I'm pretty sure I remember Abben saying in a news conference, probably the one where he said he saw the bikes against the fence, that one bike had a kickstand and the other one didn't. (hope I didn't dream that and make that up)

I don't think you were dreaming, unless we had the same dream because I've been thinking that all along.

BBM

HAHAHAHAH! That is hilarious.

When I was young lots of older people would pinch my cheeks - or touch my face - i think this is cultural - I was exposed to lots of jewish folks and italian folks and both cultures seemed to think it was ok to touch little girls you just met.

Respectfully, BBM

Really? Was this cultural acceptance to "touch little girls [they] just met" during the time frame you grew up in-specific to "Jewish and Italian folks," or do you believe it was due to that generation's attitude in general?

Yes, Abben did say in a pc that one bike had a kickstand and one bike did not.

Wow.

How times change.

Back in the late 80s, I got a white minivan. Cheap because it was the end of the model year and the dealer was trying to move the previous model year out (also cheap because I am ruthless in bargaining for a vehicle).

It never occurred to me that anyone would look askance at it. I didn't care what colour it was, I only cared that it was the model I wanted, had the features I wanted and I could get it down to the price I wanted. It could have been yellow, blue or purple for all I cared.

I did feel that being white was an advantage, since I am (was?) a serious dog person and the white would help reflect heat a little better.

Come to think of it, I did get more LE attention in that van. I always did have a heavy foot on the accelerator but that van was the only vehicle where I actually got a ticket (I've had an embarrassing number of warnings over the years).

Or maybe I finally met a highway patrolman who was immune to my charm!

I'm catching up yet again so sorry if this is way late... but in case it makes you feel better I DO remember when our neighbors got their cool new minivan. I was around 9 years old and had my own cup-holder!

It was a few more years before they became 'creepy.' (at least to me). Also have a friend who shows dogs and has a similar van for the heat factor you mentioned. Interesting that you did get more LE attention in that van though. Maybe they were suspicious before they were 'creepy.'

Respectfully, BBM

Really? Was this desire to "touch little girls [they] just met" during the time frame you grew up in specific to "Jewish and Italian folks," or do you believe it was due to that generation's attitude in general?

My Mom's side is Irish, Dads is Italian, and his side of the family were always pinching our cheeks, and noses!

I am not convinced the girls left the bikes in the location they were eventually discovered.

Is it possible that their disappearance occurred elsewhere and some kids came along and found two abandoned bikes and thought it would be funny to ride and leave them elsewhere? Elsewhere being by the lake where they were found.

Just thinking out loud because the tight timeline has always bothered me.

Personal space and comfort zones are very subjective and highly dependent upon culture.

I know I feel faintly ill at ease with most people because almost everyone I meet invades my personal space. Even if they are not physically in my space, they are intrusive with their eyes.

But I was raised by a Korean father. Personal space in Korea is larger than the US and it is considered very rude to look directly at other people as you pass them on the street, etc.

When strangers look at me, it feels rude, disrespectful and invasive, even though I know intellectually that it isn't rude or invasive for most USAns.

Culturally, many Latinos have much less personal space than most USAns.

If I went by my personal feelings, I'd be on the phone to 911 constantly.
Never travel to Russia, GrainneDhu. It is not considered to be rude in Russia to stare at people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro