IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead: Us not hearing anything drives me nuts.
From what I know about my phone, youre right.
If my phone is active, ie I pay for service, then I can reach 911 even if
my phone battery isnt charged.
BUT if I dont pay for service I dont get anything. :moo:

If your battery is dead, you can't do anything with the phone. The device will not function without a power source. It is a law however that all cell phones must be able to reach emergency services if they have power, regardless if they have a plan or a phone number attached to them. You also have to be able to call 911 without having to unlock the screen if it is password protected.

If the perps grabbed the girls, carried them off, well there goes the scent.

Not as I see it....:)
if the perp was in the wooded area and the girls were carried off,
their scent would not stop until the girls were put whereever they were
carted off too. Does that make sense?

Not so sure LE ever stated anything official about the dogs. I believe everything regarding what the dogs did or didn't do came from the family accounts...which they know NOTHING about reading the dogs and whether them going into the wooded area meant anything or not. Only a professional handler would be able to tell if they were even actively following a scent trail or maybe even trying to search for a scent? I don't know...

IF the dogs DID go into the wooded area and the scent stopped immediately one could assume that is where the girls were taken (possibly into a vehicle) where the dogs could no longer track the scent.

I can tell you one thing I don't like (which I know they can't) is that LE has really given the public ZERO confirmation of anything other than the video of the girls and 3:58 bikes found. That is just not enough for any of us to go off of...which also may be the reason they are still grasping for answers. I think for people to have the slightest incling to help they are going to have to have a reason to call. At this point I think the only people they would ever get to help are those who have already helped...sadly :(

It was sourced and linked here within the past day or two. I will try to find the post when I have time.

Yes I understand that. :) But the scent according to LE (I think)
said the girls scent went towards the woods or into the woods..so
why did the scent end there? :moo:

How far into the woods? The woods are small smack next to the lake.

I am trying to find a good link for this but if you Google it there are tons of "Yahoo Answers" and blogs that talk about it. It's stated in numerous places that US Federal law says any phone has to be able to call 911 for emergencies. I need to find a good source besides "Google it" though. :)

There is a local group for battered women that has cell phone drives every year asking specifically for old cell phones so they can give them to women in potentially dangerous situations. I've donated several old phones that definitely didn't have numbers attached to them anymore.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/wireless-911-services

The FCC’s basic 911 rules require wireless service providers to transmit all 911 calls to a PSAP, regardless of whether the caller subscribes to the provider’s service or not.

Were cadaver dogs brought in to see if they could follow the scent beyond the woods?

Like put into a boat, a car the arms of the perps.

Is that maiden lane the type place folks might use a dumping ground, old furniture, appliances or just plain trash?
I don't get that sense, no. From the pictures our locals have posted, I didn't see any trash or discarded items at all. And it seems while some people know about the Lane, many don't. So I don't think there are people coming to dump on a regular basis.

And even if they were, I would guess LE would put a stop to it fairly quickly.

If that's the case, the girls scent would carry to the boat, lake or where ever the car was parked. imhoo

Yup, thats why I always wondered if they brought the dogs to the boats parked on the lake, ie. pedal (paddle) boats.

If they were "carried" off and they ceased to touch the ground, I believe the sent would stop.

Edit: But I don't actually know that. Just thinking that they have to be touching something (ground) to leave a scent

Not so sure LE ever stated anything official about the dogs. I believe everything regarding what the dogs did or didn't do came from the family accounts...which they know NOTHING about reading the dogs and whether them going into the wooded area meant anything or not. Only a professional handler would be able to tell if they were even actively following a scent trail or maybe even trying to search for a scent? I don't know...

IF the dogs DID go into the wooded area and the scent stopped immediately one could assume that is where the girls were taken (possibly into a vehicle) where the dogs could no longer track the scent.

I can tell you one thing I don't like (which I know they can't) is that LE has really given the public ZERO confirmation of anything other than the video of the girls and 3:58 bikes found. That is just not enough for any of us to go off of...which also may be the reason they are still grasping for answers. I think for people to have the slightest incling to help they are going to have to have a reason to call. At this point I think the only people they would ever get to help are those who have already helped...sadly :(

I have high hopes for the State Fair info booth.

I think there is a high chance people will duck in there and talk, who haven't said a word yet.

Locals, with knowledge of something they saw which is niggling at them...not enough to make them call LE at home and risk being seen talking to them, but just something they just want to get off their chest.

Often these things are solved by just the right insignificant little detail.

:please:

Precisely. You have politicians running your justice system. We do not.

But as we are speaking of an American crime, I'm talking about the American system and using the American language. :dunno:

Imagine how confusing it would be if I started burbling on about Crown Prosecutors as well as all my other theories?

:lol:

I suppose I misunderstood ... I thought you were discussing a case in Australia involving a missing boy where it took 8 years for an arrest because the trouble was not with LE, but with the DA who is elected.

I think that even though the justice systems in the US, British Commonwealth and European Union countries differ, the end result is similar. Crimes are solved even though investigative methods, release of evidence, trials and punishments/rehabilitations differ. I suspect that US prosecutors are sometimes reluctant to prosecute if it means losing a case, as it could influence whether they keep their job ... it seems like a bit of a conflict of interest, but on the other hand, prosecutors everywhere demand a foundational amount of evidence before they proceed to trial.

I think the bigger difference with the US system is the one chance at getting it right. In British Commonwealth countries, prosecutors can successfully appeal a not guilty verdict, whereas in the US that is not an option. That would be a good reason to ensure that they have all their ducks in a row before they proceed to trial.

For the "boat people" (sorry, I couldn't resist), is there any basis for a boat being involved besides LE inquiring about a paddle boater on Meyer's Lake that Friday and someone living close to the lake saying something about their paddle boat having been used?

I don't completely discount a boat being used to gain the girls' trust beforehand or being used directly in the abduction. But in my mind, a boat being involved seems to complicate things so much.

If they were "carried" off and they ceased to touch the ground, I believe the sent would stop.

My apologies.
I will step out of this topic and let the experts give their POV.:blushing:

BUT.....
;) I know for a fact when Laci Peterson's body was DRIVEN by her
husband to the marina, scent dogs followed her scent
DOWN THE INTERSTATE TO THE BOAT RAMP AND THE DOGS
STOPPED AT THE WATERS EDGE. fact ;)

I think there is a high chance people will duck in there and talk, who haven't said a word yet.

Locals, with knowledge of something they saw which is niggling at them...not enough to make them call LE at home and risk being seen talking to them, but just something they just want to get off their chest.

It's such a high profile case, I dought it, they would by now.

Hoping some of your optimism will rub off on me……..

Were cadaver dogs brought in to see if they could follow the scent beyond the woods?

No cadaver dogs. Just sniffer dogs.

LE had evidence they were alive.

:moo:

LE on the dogs -

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said the reaction from the dogs Monday night indicated a "strong possibility" the girls had been at the lake, less than a mile from their grandmother's house where they were last reported seen Friday. However, Breault said because there were no confirmed sightings at the lake, authorities couldn't be certain.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_106642f8-d077-11e1-a859-001a4bcf887a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjd777