IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the boyfriend of the mom has the same last name as someone that owns a house that is for sale, how is that related to the missing children ... and if you know the last name of the owners of the property, why do you want to do a search for the name of the owners of the property? Are you looking to confirm that the property owner's last name is the same as the boyfriend, or do you know it to be true?

I realize this isn't addressed to me but I just want to add something that was either noted earlier in the threads or I read it somewhere else. It appeared that the FB page of mom's boyfriend featured a profile photo that looks like it was possibly taken in front of the garage of the house that is for sale, thereby placing him at that house.

If the boyfriend of the mom has the same last name as someone that owns a house that is for sale, how is that related to the missing children ... and if you know the last name of the owners of the property, why do you want to do a search for the name of the owners of the property? Are you looking to confirm that the property owner's last name is the same as the boyfriend, or do you know it to be true?

There was quite a bit of discussion on this subject awhile ago. Just search the owner's name and the posts will come up if you are interested.

I realize this isn't addressed to me but I just want to add something that was either noted earlier in the threads or I read it somewhere else. It appeared that the FB page of mom's boyfriend featured a profile photo that looks like it was possibly taken in front of the garage of the house that is for sale, thereby placing him at that house.

Wow, just wow. Thanks so much for that.:waitasec:

Great story. Near where I was raised is the city of Kelowna, pronounced the same way as Mr. Myer's prize bull. Kelowna here is a Native word, meaning 'Grizzly Bear'. Maybe Kalona was a bull big as a grizzly bear? Place names are interesting.

Could be, although grizzlies are not native to Iowa, so I doubt the local tribes had a name for them.

It just makes me giggle that he got his way in a roundabout way.

Thats what Id like to know. Hmmm how can we find out...Otttttttoooooooo..

The names of the property owners are available through the site I linked, but I'm not going to sleuth out people unless I know that they are connected with the disappearance of the children. At this time, there is nothing to suggest that the girls are connected with the property or the boyfriend of the mother of one of the missing girls. Genealogical sites will probably give you the information you seek.

I do lots of lurking here and have been following the case from the beginning. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of their work. My hubby now even asks "What have you learned about the case?" I hope I will be able to share good news soon.

BBM - I've been attracted to a cornfield connection in this case since it broke. Can't shake it. I read that people were standing shoulder to shoulder walking through cornfields in the early days of the girls going missing. Has this cornfield/s that you're referring to been thoroughly searched? I understand the corn is now dying due to the drought.. is there a chance that searching those cornfields again now would be a significantly different experience than before? Could you see more now? Are there more somewhat adjacent fields near there?

I just have been obsessing with the cornfield thing for weeks now.. thanks!

ETA: these coordinates here - 42.461393,-92.295489 - that should put hte green arrow on a mowed path that connects the nature trail to what looks like a grassy field behind a cornfield. Anyone know what this is, or why this is? Or what that oval shaped impression on the ground nearby is?

And.. are those cornfields? Looks like it.

Looks pretty clear that somebody for some reason mows down that path from the trail to the field, anyhow.

Thanks!

The corn harvest is 2-6 weeks off, depending on the local conditions and how much drying the farmer thinks will get done on the stalk versus in the grain bin (stalk is free but dependent on weather, grain bin is expensive but sure).

Until the corn is in, most farmers are not going to want people going through the field. The corn ears are easy to knock down when they are drying off and any ears that land on the ground are not harvested. Having people walk every row would mean a lot of loss. And this year, every ear counts because those ears are probably not fully filled out due to drought and heat stress.

After a field is combined, going through it on foot will be hard but not damaging to the farmer's income.

Because I just found out that the people that own that property have the same last name as Misty's boyfriend. You don't think thats alittle strange at all?

I'm interested in understanding what happened to the girls but at this time, I can't see any connection between that and the owners of properties along the lake.

I do lots of lurking here and have been following the case from the beginning. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of their work. My hubby now even asks "What have you learned about the case?" I hope I will be able to share good news soon.

:welcome:SpringThyme

I'm interested in understanding what happened to the girls but at this time, I can't see any connection between that and the owners of properties along the lake.

Really? Im just alittle confused how you can quickly come to the statement.

Apparently two girls in Iowa lied about there attempted abduction which if true is a terrible thing to do.

Only to be expected, I think. Tensions are high and kids are kids.

It sounds like it was a good kid who had a bad idea and will be dealt with by her parents (police have declined to file charges).

Ollipop, thank you for your practical approach to thinking about things in this case. I happen to agree with several of the things you said in your last post.

For what its worth, here is what I am thinking:

No boat, paddleboat, pedal boat or otherwise.

No pre arranged meeting. There would likely have been prior contact between the girls and this individual via internet, social media.

The fact that the direction that the girls were heading may or may not make sense in terms of them heading towards the lake is irrelevant in my mind. Children on bikes typically ride one direction down a street or a well known route, and then turn around and ride the other way. Sometimes they even make small circles right in front of their house or on their street. This would agree with what WC said about having only to yell for the girls a few times and they would appear. At this point I am thinking that the girls were never at the lake either. I am now thinking the bikes were ditched, not staged after the abduction.

I think a stranger would be bold enough to snatch two precious girls off the street, even if they were in close proximity to their homes. The perps may have noticed they were not under direct supervision, even with little time to observe them and assess the situation.

The most common thread I have found among various abduction attempts is the tendency of the perp to stay in the vehicle even after initial contact, and then quickly leap out and grab the children. The perp will be outside of the vehicle it seems when using a more elaborate ruse or lure, but will have a second person waiting to whisk them away from the scene at the right moment. This minimizes the risk significantly.

I think there are two suspects. I believe they are younger men, late 20's or 30's.
Perps stop to get fuel in Evansdale. They are not local, but are enroute to somewhere else.
Girls riding bikes.
Perps spot girls.
Passenger perp makes contact with the girls from window of vehicle
Passenger perp either lures or forces the girls into the vehicle.
Bikes go into vehicle
Bikes and purse get dumped in a place that looks fairly secluded.
Perps get back on the freeway and continue on their way.

Total time required for their effort probably no more than 45 minutes, likely closer to 30 minutes.

I posted that info. and was hoping for some opinions about it, but I knew it would be against TOS to post the photo here. In my opinion, the garage behind JW is the same type/style and color as the one at the house on S. Evans. I had asked if the garages in the area are all of a similiar type, and I assume they probably are quite similiar.

I am having a hard accepting that the perp would still be visible if a white van was used. I would be expecting him to drive something else and put the van in a garage or disable it so it looked like it couldn't have been used. Or trade it or sell it immediately.

Easy enough to get business signs or decorative stuff on magnetic media and then slap it right on there to make the van look quite different.

Welcome Jewels53!
Have wondered myself, if the bikes were driven by a couple of teenage perps who raced and dumped the bikes at the lake after depositing the girls somewhere, like under or in the trailors we see in the cctv video?
For now, I'll take it that the girls rode the bikes themselves and something strange happened...

I think most teenagers would look odd riding a bicycle meant for a 4 foot 1 inch girl.

I think most teenagers would look odd riding a bicycle meant for a 4 foot 1 inch girl.

FWIW, I have ridden my 8yos bike to school so she could ride it home and I hope :blushing: no one 'noticed' me!

JMO

I think there are two suspects. I believe they are younger men, late 20's or 30's.
Perps stop to get fuel in Evansdale. They are not local, but are enroute to somewhere else.
Girls riding bikes.
Perps spot girls.
Passenger perp makes contact with the girls from window of vehicle
Passenger perp either lures or forces the girls into the vehicle.
Bikes go into vehicle
Bikes and purse get dumped in a place that looks fairly secluded.
Perps get back on the freeway and continue on their way.

Total time required for their effort probably no more than 45 minutes, likely closer to 30 minutes.

You know, if it weren't for Mr. Carpenter's report of seeing the girls that day, I would agree with this 100%. The reason I think he did see them is because he reported that LE came to his house that same evening (Friday evening) when they were out talking to the people in the neighborhood. So, I'm thinking that he wouldn't have gotten the days mixed up because it was the same day. Do you think he is mistaken about it being Lyric & Elizabeth that he saw? Just wondering your thinking on this because, if he didn't see them, then my alternate theory is that of two perps. who were traveling through the area.

Cindersoot, can you come downstairs for a minute.

Haha. No, but I wanted to demonstrate that it will still dial and customer service picks up on the other end. I have so many old phones and they can be used to call 911 and most will also call the cell phone carrier. It has to be getting a signal in order to do that. A lot of people here donate their old phones for seniors or women's shelters to use to call 911.

Also if you listen to scanners in general it does seem they can pinpoint almost the exact location of a cell phone. I have heard LE refer to it as "plotting". Saying the phone is plotting to the Nw corner of main and 2nd as an example.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just did a search on this very question and several reputable sites consistently state that a deactivated cellphone (i.e. no service contract) can still make 911 calls as long as it is charged and can detect a signal (any available signal). Wireless providers are required by law to make their network available for 911 calls. Old analog phones may not still work but certainly all digital phones will.

Apparently this is causing a lot of issues as parents allow kids to play with old cellphones, who are in turn making lots of 911 calls. Better talk to my little ones about this ASAP! :phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme