IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am thinking about the video of the bike ride did should puddles in the businesses parking lot so their tires had to pick up debrie if they rode on a grass/dirt path.

I made this video of one of the suggested possible routes. After making this, it seems so far away no matter what route. I have always been going with the theory that they were taken at the lake right where the bikes were found, but it is seems so far for someone to bike to when they knew they had to leave with Grandma at a set time.

http://youtu.be/crlOUuYl7pE

evansRoute mp4only - YouTube

WOW, fantastic, thank you!

I used to bike a mile to school and back every day.

It's not that far and doesn't take that long, even if you have little legs.

:moo:

Really???? I've seen MCM at the River Forest Road Casey's, in uniform with nametag...

If Casey's is a convenience store, this doesn't surprise me at all. My SIL works for a convenience store chain and has been asked to fill in at different locations when needed.

ETA: Media sources often get the story wrong or report inaccurate info. IDK if there is such a thing as journalistic integrity at all anymore. They rarely seem to check their facts. IMHO, of course. Sorry for the rant, this is a pet peeve of mine.

This has probably been suggested, but it just occurred to me, so I'll tell my version...

Maybe when we saw the security footage of the girls whizzing down the street the abduction was already in progress? Maybe the girls made a quick turn away from their attempted abduction only to be outmotored and abducted nearby from the opposite direction?

Then they went down by the lake to get rid of anything linking them to the girls, where they might have spied them down there earlier feeding the ducks? An abductor wouldnt know the hubub it would cause with the family, thinking they knew they were down there, when they didn't.

Maybe an "unknown to us" witness had reported suspicious activity concerning a vehicle that day, that's why the questioning of whitevan man at casey's after viewing their security footage. Maybe our unknown witness feels someone in a white van had to have seen something too, but maybe at better vantage point?

Hope it makes sense. Just thinking of ways to bring these two girls home. I know it wont make everyone happy not having a min by min timeline, but i'm using official times only. No snark, just simplicity.

I've been away for a week, I'm so saddened that there is no new information and that these girls haven't been brought home.

Does anyone remember the temps the day they went missing? Thanks!

If Casey's is a convenience store, this doesn't surprise me at all. My SIL works for a convenience store chain and has been asked to fill in at different locations when needed.

ETA: Media sources often get the story wrong or report inaccurate info. IDK if there i! such a thing as journalistic integrity at all anymore. They rarely seem to check their facts. IMHO, of course. Sorry for the rant, this is a pet peeve of mine.

Could be the case. Casey's is a convenience store chain, alright. I feel like every fifth building in Iowa is a Casey's!

Thanks to Dotr, for posting that video...our local news station is from Philly....wanted to post, but couldn't find a clear video....

The perp ended up turning himself in after seeing that clip over and over again on local media...

So frightening in plain daylight on reasonably busy street...the little girl said she learned escape tactics from watching CSI-SVU, and she had never heard her little 2 year old brother scream that loud...

My heart ached for the two. The sight of that tiny boy screaming...I really had hoped the girls would be found by now. My mind is constantly going through so many possible scenarios...

I've been away for a week, I'm so saddened that there is no new information and that these girls haven't been brought home.

Does anyone remember the temps the day they went missing? Thanks!

It rained some that morning, with temps in the 70s, then it cleared up around 11 (?) And it climbed to the low 80s. It was a brief respite from the 100 degree heatwave we were having.

This has probably been suggested, but it just occurred to me, so I'll tell my version...

Maybe when we saw the security footage of the girls whizzing down the street the abduction was already in progress? Maybe the girls made a quick turn away from their attempted abduction only to be outmotored and abducted nearby from the opposite direction?

Then they went down by the lake to get rid of anything linking them to the girls, where they might have spied them down there earlier feeding the ducks? An abductor wouldnt know the hubub it would cause with the family, thinking they knew they were down there, when they didn't.

Maybe an "unknown to us" witness had reported suspicious activity concerning a vehicle that day, that's why the questioning of whitevan man at casey's after viewing their security footage. Maybe our unknown witness feels someone in a white van had to have seen something too, but maybe at better vantage point?

Hope it makes sense. Just thinking of ways to bring these two girls home. I know it wont make everyone happy not having a min by min timeline, but i'm using official times only. No snark, just simplicity.

I definitely considered this too, but cannot get past the sniffer dogs...indeed, the fact that the bikes were at the lake at all would tend to argue the girls got there.

:moo:

Does anyone think that this would be at all possible? In my head it makes sense..but i could be discounting or forgetting some facts.

What if the girls left home at 11:30. Did the loop down to Mr. C's house. Headed home but were hanging around lafayette at 12:15 when they were seen by grandma. is was right then that they were talking to or being lured by the abductors. They were tricked or forced off the bikes. Two of the perps jumped on the bikes and peddled them to the lake, ditched the bikes, snagged the purse, snuck through gate to hidden trail. Saw nothing of real value in the purse so they threw it, then escaped through woods. This could explain why dogs may have smelled the girls scent in the lake area...because it was on the perps. In the meantime, TG rides by...perhaps thats why bikes had to be ditched..perps heard TG coming??

As for the girls, they were packed into a trailer or van and taken somewhere from that area.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but think its worth mentioning that the people riding bikes on CCTV were absolutely not wearing white or green.

Another interesting question is...what company in the area has a black short sleeved uniform? I think that is what the bike riders are wearing in the video, black. For instance, on casey's website, there is an employee wearing a black polo.

I am just trying to add a new perspective. Does anyone else think that this could have been a possibility? Or am I way out in left field?

At this time I firmly believe they were seen on Lake and went to the bike path. The biker is just too exact in his time frame because of the call he made using his cell.

Does anyone think that this would be at all possible? In my head it makes sense..but i could be discounting or forgetting some facts.

What if the girls left home at 11:30. Did the loop down to Mr. C's house. Headed home but were hanging around lafayette at 12:15 when they were seen by grandma. is was right then that they were talking to or being lured by the abductors. They were tricked or forced off the bikes. Two of the perps jumped on the bikes and peddled them to the lake, ditched the bikes, snagged the purse, snuck through gate to hidden trail. Saw nothing of real value in the purse so they threw it, then escaped through woods. This could explain why dogs may have smelled the girls scent in the lake area...because it was on the perps. In the meantime, TG rides by...perhaps thats why bikes had to be ditched..perps heard TG coming??

As for the girls, they were packed into a trailer or van and taken somewhere from that area.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but think its worth mentioning that the people riding bikes on CCTV were absolutely not wearing white or green.

Another interesting question is...what company in the area has a black short sleeved uniform? I think that is what the bike riders are wearing in the video, black. For instance, on casey's website, there is an employee wearing a black polo.

I am just trying to add a new perspective. Does anyone else think that this could have been a possibility? Or am I way out in left field?

I just wanted to add that perhaps a paddleboater may have seen the perps. Maybe that is why FBI asking for one to come forward.

I wish there was a way to pause and do a close up on that video without the pixels going crazy. I think it looks like they are in black shirts only because of the bad quality of that camera.

We only have the family's recollection as to what the girls were wearing that day.

Perhaps they were mistaken.

There were only two cyclists on that road, that day.

Can someone put a link to the video of the girls on their bikes? Please : )

I tried blowing up the photo on the bike, it makes the lower half of the body look dark and the head look dark. But who knows.

I wish there was a way to pause and do a close up on that video without the pixels going crazy. I think it looks like they are in black shirts only because of the bad quality of that camera.

I know. It just seems that if Lizzy was wearing white this video shows the opposite of white. But when my retired LE husband watched it, he said its too grainy, too.

Also, please forgive me for not researching back, but did the girls turn around on Mr. C's street or did they stay straight? In my scenario they turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli