IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
who is the sunshine law expert? does info get released tomorrow since it has been a month? If so, where do we look for it? thanks...

I may be wrong, but don't records have to be requested before they are released? Many of you probably followed the Casey Anthony trainwreck more closely than I did, but I was under the impression the media requested the documents which were then released under the Sunshine Law.

Again, am probably wrong...

LE claimed they were not asking to interview him due to the white van...some other reason. MOO

And, IIRC, the next day they said, yes it was because of the white van. And, that the 'white van' attempted abduction of the 5 year old boy lead them to be looking at video for white vans.

So, just East of the park? Does it have anything to do with the WC used by the cyclist?

MeyersWC.jpg

THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly what I was asking about last night. TG said he used the restroom at the gas station, which HAS TO BE the Casey's on River Forest Rd. (per your awesome image, which shows no other gas station within a 7-minute bike range).

So...
1) Why not just use the bathroom IN the park?
2) We KNOW that Casey's has a camera, since we saw the van on it. Does it show TG using the bathroom?
3) LE said Van Man was not a suspect, they just wanted to ask him something. I would LOVE to know what!

(I found Van Man on FB. Would it be kosher to go invite him to come over here and join us?)

It was on the 11th or 12th, I think. This article is dated the 12th.

"CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – An abduction attempt of a 5-year-old boy was stopped by the boy’s father Tuesday in southwest Cedar Rapids, police said.

The boy was riding his bicycle on a sidewalk in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard SW around 5:30 p.m. when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled over next to him. A man and a woman got out, grabbed the boy and the bike and started leading him toward the van, police said.

“They had grabbed ahold of him by the arm or shoulder, and the woman was getting the bike,” Sgt. Cristy Hamblin said.

Police said the boy’s father, who was on a motorcycle just down the street, saw the incident and yelled at the two suspects, who then let go of the boy, got back in the van and drove south."

http://http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Police-Unsure-If-White-Van-Incidents-in-Cedar-Rapids-Marion-Are-Connected-164644936.html?m=y

Thanks. That's disturbing! First, it happened before the girls disappeared (less likely to be hysteria IMHO) and it was a team of three. :what:

Re: the picture What is WC? i thought the bike guys name was TG?

THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly what I was asking about last night. TG said he used the restroom at the gas station, which HAS TO BE the Casey's on River Forest Rd. (per your awesome image, which shows no other gas station within a 7-minute bike range).

So...
2) We KNOW that Casey's has a camera, since we saw the van on it. Does it show TG using the bathroom?
3) LE said Van Man was not a suspect, they just wanted to ask him something. I would LOVE to know what!

(I found Van Man on FB. Would it be kosher to go invite him to come over here and join us?)

BBM
Probably the bathroom in the park wasn't on his regular path around the lake and out. Maybe the one at Casey's was just more convenient. IIRC he said circling the lake is part of a ride he does often.

It was on the 11th or 12th, I think. This article is dated the 12th.

"CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – An abduction attempt of a 5-year-old boy was stopped by the boy’s father Tuesday in southwest Cedar Rapids, police said.

The boy was riding his bicycle on a sidewalk in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard SW around 5:30 p.m. when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled over next to him. A man and a woman got out, grabbed the boy and the bike and started leading him toward the van, police said.

“They had grabbed ahold of him by the arm or shoulder, and the woman was getting the bike,” Sgt. Cristy Hamblin said.

Police said the boy’s father, who was on a motorcycle just down the street, saw the incident and yelled at the two suspects, who then let go of the boy, got back in the van and drove south."

http://http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Police-Unsure-If-White-Van-Incidents-in-Cedar-Rapids-Marion-Are-Connected-164644936.html?m=y

This 5 year old boy was beyond lucky that his father saw and was able to thwart the abduction.
Do people who abduct 5 year old boys generally also abduct girls? I guess what I'm asking is do sexual predators who hurt little boys also hurt little girls? I was under the impression most either favored one or the other. And Lyric seems to have the body of a woman more than a girl - which is very different than that of a 5 year old boy. I just don't think the 5 year old boy's attempted abduction is related to Lyric & Elizabeth- although I hope the perps in both cases are caught ASAP!

So...

You could ask Van Man to join us, it wouldn't hurt.

Re: why TG didn't use the bathroom in the park, I figured he wanted to bike X number of miles that day and didn't go to the bathroom until he was done.

Bathroom (water closet)

Really? LOL
Okay, well, I've heard that term before, but never would have associated it with this case. I wasn't aware that people in Iowa used that term. Thanks!

Is that the Casey's that they checked on cash receipts? Is that where CC works? One think it does indicate is that he was probably traveling from E to W. I wonder if the cell phone triangulation includes both Casey's and the trail. PS. I don't think he's the perp, but his timeline is so interesting.

Also Jaime..

1) Maybe he wanted to buy something to drink
Maybe he didn't need the WC until he got up that way

2) Or maybe using the phone

3) Yes, that would be interesting indeed.

Re: FB, he has friends who have friends in the area..I would guess MOO

LE claimed they were not asking to interview him due to the white van...some other reason. MOO

What time was that white van at the gas station? I've forgotten.

Maybe they have video of TG stopping at the gas station, maybe not at the time he said. Could be they wanted to know if this guy saw him.

ITA that they believe they are giving the best information they can and are really trying to help.

But I just think neither accounting is pertinent to the timeline. Especially the Carpenter's. It's a THREE HOUR window of when they MAY have seen the girls. It just isn't helpful, IMO.

Now TG's seeing the bikes COULD be relevant if we knew for sure they were the girls' bikes. And even then, I am not convinced that the girls were ever at the lake on Friday. My hunch is that the lake was used to dump the bikes. That hunch also alleviates the headache over the 8-minute bike ride.

I think this couple might be confusing Lizzie and Lyric with the 3 sisters across the street from Lizzie's house. Apparently those three ride their bikes to the lake quite frequently. At least once Lizzie rode with them. So it is possible that she spoke with the C's one time, and since then, whenever they see the 3 sisters, they may assume Lizzie is with them.

eta: I have also wondered if the perps might have been hiding there after seeing the 3 sisters riding there previously. It is always seemed odd that a perp would hide in that trap, randomly. But maybe they saw the 3 girls riding there a few times and so they laid in wait?

What time was that white van at the gas station? I've forgotten.

Maybe they have video of TG stopping at the gas station, maybe not at the time he said. Could be they wanted to know if this guy saw him.

Around 2:00 I think. They may have wanted to know if he saw someone else too. MOO

Is that the Casey's that they checked on cash receipts? Is that where CC works? One think it does indicate is that he was probably traveling from E to W. I wonder if the cell phone triangulation includes both Casey's and the trail. PS. I don't think he's the perp, but his timeline is so interesting.

Also Jaime..

1) Maybe he wanted to buy something to drink
Maybe he didn't need the WC until he got up that way

2) Or maybe using the phone

3) Yes, that would be interesting indeed.

Re: FB, he has friends who have friends in the area..I would guess MOO

BBM

No. According to this article she works at another one.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/19174082/...hite-astro-van-in-missing-girls-investigation
The new photos came from the Evansdale Casey's on River Forest Road. Lyric's mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, works at another Casey's in Elk Run Heights.

This article indicates it was on July 31. The artcle is dated Wed. August 1 and states it happened Tuesday. That matches my memory because everyone was already on edge because of the girls.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Poli...ar-Rapids-Marion-Are-Connected-164644936.html

Thanks. I was going to go back and see if I had misread the date on the one I had linked, but the link wouldn't work for me now. Your date makes a lot more sense; I just realized that the date I saw is actually today's date. :blushing:

Different reports from different parts of the country starting a few months ago, some snippets....

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...nnected_to_Attempted_Abduction_144430195.html

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies say they're now looking into roughly 10 child abduction attempts in the area.

"The latest was reported in the Cedar Grove area a couple of days ago.
Deputies say the suspect was driving a black full-size Chevy truck when he approached a young boy and girl, but they both were able to get away"

Investigators are stepping up the search to find a man in his 50s or 60s with balding grey hair, one eye that's only partially open and a "pot belly". They say he's driving a white cargo style van looking for young victims.

"There's a huge outpouring of calls that we've received involving white vans," Lt. Sean Crosier said. "This particular offender, you know he's experiencing some very strong urges to have an encounter with a teenage girl."

In fact, WSAZ.com spotted nearly three white mini or cargo style vans practically every minute. In just 12 seconds, we found five vans passing in and out of the Capital City.

Investigators say there's no distance these types of predators will not travel, which is why they say we've seen abductions in other counties".

"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member