IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Palaminodee,

Des Moines looks like it is about a 2 hour drive from Evansdale in a South -Southwest direction. Thinking out loud here ...wonder if someone thinks they spotted the girls at the fair ... just musing out loud.

Thanks Palaminodee,

Des Moines looks like it is about a 2 hour drive from Evansdale in a South -Southwest direction. Thinking out loud here ...wonder if someone thinks they spotted the girls at the fair ... just musing out loud.

It's possible. I'm about an hour south of Evansdale and I think I see one of the girls everywhere I go. Then I get a closer look and realize it's not them. There are probably a few tween girls around town that think I am a mega creep for staring at them! Still, I'd prefer that over seeing L&E and not realizing it was them!

Whatever the tip was, I hope it leads somewhere!

Does anyone have an idea how often cases like this are solved and the reward is given out? Just curious~

I don't believe they usually publicize who they awarded the reward to....if they do. I know I wouldn't want my name in the MSM, FB or any other place saying I was the one giving LE info.....or had just received 50K for the arrest of suspected/alleged murder/kidnapper. 1. The perp or their relatives, friends, acquaintances may not like me too well and see revenge of sort. MAYBE not physical harm, but destruction of property and stalking of some sort. 2. There are a few in my family I wouldn't want to know. Just sayin'....

Another scenerio...What if the girls were out for a routine bike ride, did the normal loop down the carpenters street and then headed home (obeying gramma) and to have lunch and a cold drink. As a matter of fact, they were headed home when gramma saw them in the "alley"...but were stopped by two or more perps. Somehow the girls were lured off of the bikes right then (possibly with drinks or maybe even with force) and two of the perps quickly peddled the bikes to the spot that TG saw them. And its the perps who are caught on camera (wearing dark shirts) at the auction house. I do not think that it is the girls in that video.

Someone just said there is a loading dock type area there...how scary and easy is that to scoop them up and conceal them straight out of town?

I am leaning towards the fact that the girls are alive, but sadly were part of a human trafficking operation to make someone (or a few people) quick money.

Just another scenerio. But, I change my scenerio twice a day.

I am a loyal reader on here and when I am not on here my wheels are turning with all of your awesome insights and info. So when I get a break from my kids and mountains of housework..i will try and contribute positively.

“We believe the girls are alive, and we are not discouraged by the passage of time,” Breault told reporters at the Evansdale Community Response Center Saturday.

snip

Police will only say that “physical evidence” was found relating to the girls, but wouldn’t say if it was found by police, the dive teams or by the search dogs brought in to canvass the area near Meyers Lake, where the two went missing July 13.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/mi...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

I am still not convinced that the physical evidence found and being analyzed is tied to LE believing the girls is alive. I have never seen FBI spokesperson link the two items in her quotes. I have seen reporters link the two as well as the public, but I have never seen a direct quote from any authority that the belief the girls are alive is tied to the physical evidence LE has gathered.

from Abben we have:

"Investigators are confident that the two girls are not in Meyers Lake," Abben said.

Abben said investigators have also "obtained evidence" that was forwarded to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation lab in Ankeny.

He would not say when or how the evidence was obtained. He also said there are no suspects.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/mi...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

Thank you. For some reason I was linking Abben saying that they had evidence to the FBI saying that they believe they're alive. I can see I just got mixed up. So, it's not the physical evidence telling the FBI that the girls are alive but something else...

If LE happened to obtain DNA from the searched site, a match might have or hopefully could be made given the potential for mass (covert) DNA collection at something like a state fair.

Waterloo Jaycee's might be a good contact. Jaycee's are community minded folks and have a lot of manpower.
Light those fires!

Good idea. In the little town I spent time in growing up, the Jaycee's were very active in sponsoring events for children. I don't know if they still do, but I loved it. One year during the Olympics they sponsored a competition for the kids by age group at the local high school track....also dances. The American Legion also sponsored some activities.

To me, one of the odd things about this case is the man who Aunt Tammy said she spoke to at the lake, who said he saw the girls riding there at 2:30. The police have never confirmed this sighting and it certainly contradicts the bike rider's story. So, I wonder if the police ever found this guy? Is he the person with information who has'nt come forward? Why wouldn't he? Or maybe they did talk to him and for some reason did not deem his sighting of the girls credible, but if that is the case, it sure seems incredibly coincidental that they did indeed find the bikes there at the lake. Since, apparently he was the reason that everyone focused on the lake right away.

I don't believe they usually publicize who they awarded the reward to....if they do. I know I wouldn't want my name in the MSM, FB or any other place saying I was the one giving LE info.....or had just received 50K for the arrest of suspected/alleged murder/kidnapper. 1. The perp or their relatives, friends, acquaintances may not like me too well and see revenge of sort. MAYBE not physical harm, but destruction of property and stalking of some sort. 2. There are a few in my family I wouldn't want to know. Just sayin'....

In the Adam Mayes case the reward has been paid out, they did not mention to whom or any of the details...

Thanks! Tweeting is a great idea. Unfortunately, I don't have Twitter, either.

Oh, and Ashton Kutcher is another native Iowan if anyone wants to tweet him, too!

Mah......he's too busy with his love life. (jk) Trying certainly wouldn't hurt.

Good idea. In the little town I spent time in growing up, the Jaycee's were very active in sponsoring events for children. I don't know if they still do, but I loved it. One year during the Olympics they sponsored a competition for the kids by age group at the local high school track....also dances. The American Legion also sponsored some activities.
Jaycees are terrific! They are business people who have access to all the things you need and they know how to get things donated.
I would like to see as many signs stuck in the ground with the girls pictures on it as i see for political people.

A few Billboards with their missing information donated by some of these 'for the people' politicans would be great.

Thanks Palaminodee,

That's possible, but I'm hoping a good tip may show up in the box at the fair because the attendance is over 1million+...if someone knows something and is in fear of calling. local retaliation. drug involvement or who knows what, they may have the guts to drop it in the box at the fair anonymously or have someone drop it on the box for them.
Praying someone has the guts to blab there has to be someone that knows or has a good hunch as to where they are if it is local.

If it was a random abduction from a person or group from another state or wanderer I feel the odds are slim.

Thanks Palaminodee,

Yeah...the Iowa State Fair is a big deal here, and it is about 2 hours from E'dale. There has been a lot of mention of the booth they will have there concerning the girls. I would expect to see many false sightings considering the sheer number of people there seeing kids and being concerned citizens. They expect about a million people to attend.

Also, there is LE ALL OVER E'dale right now. Unmarked and marked cars creeping up and down my street and others, and right now I hear sirens, just saw the E'dale SUV go by...Uh-oh, ambulance as I type. Prolly an accident, I guess. Now a firetruck, unmarked cop pulled over onto my street to let it by.

I think I just read that Romney is a little a head of the president in Iowa, I wonder if we could pressure the Romney camp to sponser some billboards with a notation at the bottom, 'donated by the romney camp'. or whatever

I think I just read that Romney is a little a head of the president in Iowa, I wonder if we could pressure the Romney camp to sponser some billboards with a notation at the bottom, 'donated by the romney camp'. or whatever

Wow, GREAT idea, Beyond Belief! I'm betting the campaign would be interested, especially since Mitt Romney helped find a missing child once before.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/in-story-of-missing-teen-romney-shows-his-human-side/2012/03/03/gIQA1EENpR_blog.html

Seen any gang tags around Evansdale this summer?
http://www.kwwl.com/global/story.asp?S=9419782
"Most of our problems that occurred this last summer in Waterloo can be traced back to being gang related," Rogers said.

The gangs that are here in Waterloo have come from bigger cities. The Almighty Vice Lord Nation and the Gangster Disciples come from Chicago. Bloods and Crips are from Los Angeles, but some were created right here in Waterloo like Southside and L-block.

"In Waterloo our more active gangs are the Vice Lords and a group called Southside which is a blood set," Rogers said.

To track what gangs are in their community, the Waterloo Police Department photographs the graffiti. These gang signs can be found on everything from doorways to a student's notebook.

Community activist Leon Mosley has seen the gang violence evolve in Waterloo over time.

"They don't plan for five years down the road they live just for right now... Right now... Living for right now," Mosley said.

Mosely says the most shocking thing about the recent violence is the age of those involved. Children are getting involved at younger ages"

That's possible, but I'm hoping a good tip may show up in the box at the fair because the attendance is over 1million+...if someone knows something and is in fear of calling. local retaliation. drug involvement or who knows what, they may have the guts to drop it in the box at the fair anonymously or have someone drop it on the box for them.
Praying someone has the guts to blab there has to be someone that knows or has a good hunch as to where they are if it is local.

If it was a random abduction from a person or group from another state or wanderer I feel the odds are slim.

I, too, am hopeful about the possibility of a good tip coming from the fair.

However, considering that the booth is in the area of the fair that promotes law enforcement, etc, and is usually crawling with LE and/or LE promotions, it seems like the one spot where you couldn't do much "anonymously" at the fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl