IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, one of the odd things about this case is the man who Aunt Tammy said she spoke to at the lake, who said he saw the girls riding there at 2:30. The police have never confirmed this sighting and it certainly contradicts the bike rider's story. So, I wonder if the police ever found this guy? Is he the person with information who has'nt come forward? Why wouldn't he? Or maybe they did talk to him and for some reason did not deem his sighting of the girls credible, but if that is the case, it sure seems incredibly coincidental that they did indeed find the bikes there at the lake. Since, apparently he was the reason that everyone focused on the lake right away.

I wonder the same thing--what happened to Aunt T's 'random man' who saw the girls at 2:30? Didn't she say LE had his name? Did I dream that?

One question. How would the 2:30 sighting contradict the 12:20 biker's story? Couldn't the girls have returned to their bikes after TG saw them. Maybe the bikes were not in the same place when TG rode by as when the firefighter found them? Just spitballing.

Also, FYI, last night on the drive home, including the 4 posters in the entrance to the bar, I counted 23 references to the girls in the 15-minute drive - posters, signs, bumper stickers, ribbons, etc.

Pretty sure they did, but unfortunately they may also have come from the random searchers who swarmed the lake that Fri night.

There is a vigil tonight at the lake, I believe. I will be working. I hate not hearing anything from LE, I agree that it just allows people to put it out of mind, which is the last thing we need.
RSBM:
1. Great to hear!

2. I can't believe LE didn't thoroughly search the Maiden La area that evening and collect any possible evidence.....or should I say I'd be shocked if they didn't...and very much disappointed. That's why I felt the empty energy drink cans were moot, because if LE were there on the evening of the 13th they would have taken them for possible evidence.

3. The Collins were at the fair last night, and will likely be at the vigil tonight. Where is the rest of the family of these girls....in supporting the efforts of everyone looking for them. Granted they may not want to answer any questions about incidents that happened recently, and certainly don't have to, but their appearance is crucial. If the girls are still alive (which I believe) the perp can further victimize them by showing and saying to the girls. "See your mother and father don't care about you. They're no longer looking for you." ETC.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think her parents are beyond the gasp of no return. How effed up...and truly tragic at the same time.
IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

Okay i posted this on some romney site, fb i think. i'll write the next one better.
Wanted: A very human politician to sponser billboards in the 'Evansdale, Iowa area to help find two little girls missing since July 13, 2012. Combine your politics with grassroots America that could use your help. These girls were abducted in broad daylight and it is not a family abduction.

RSBM:
1. Great to hear!

2. I can't believe LE didn't thoroughly search the Maiden La area that evening and collect any possible evidence.....or should I say I'd be shocked if they didn't...and very much disappointed. That's why I felt the empty energy drink cans were moot, because if LE were there on the evening of the 13th they would have taken them for possible evidence.

3. The Collins were at the fair last night, and will likely be at the vigil tonight. Where is the rest of the family of these girls....in supporting the efforts of everyone looking for them. Granted they may not want to answer any questions about incidents that happened recently, and certainly don't have to, but their appearance is crucial. If the girls are still alive (which I believe) the perp can further victimize them by showing and saying to the girls. "See your mother and father don't care about you. They're no longer looking for you." ETC.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think her parents are beyond the gasp of no return. How effed up...and truly tragic at the same time.
IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

Yes, they may very well have searched that Maiden Lane area...remember, I didn't even get off work until 10-11, and by then the initial LE search was ending (for the night), but the volunteer search was just beginning.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be facing the rest of my days in prison, much less to have a daughter go missing at the same time. There has been plenty of speculation about DM and MCM, fueled by their apparent non-caring public appearances. Add to that the problems of periphery family members since, and I suspect that side of the family is just feeling burned by both LE and media at this time. I've no clue, tho, really, just speculation.

It's possible. I'm about an hour south of Evansdale and I think I see one of the girls everywhere I go. Then I get a closer look and realize it's not them. There are probably a few tween girls around town that think I am a mega creep for staring at them! Still, I'd prefer that over seeing L&E and not realizing it was them!

Whatever the tip was, I hope it leads somewhere!

BBM

LOL, I'm sure many of us here have done this and felt the same way. I know I have....and also when trying to follow a similar vehicle in a case.

Be careful.... I'd die of embarrassment if a child's parents jumped on me for staring at their child....or scare to death that a perturbed driver would be headed toward road rage. Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

Another scenerio...What if the girls were out for a routine bike ride, did the normal loop down the carpenters street and then headed home (obeying gramma) and to have lunch and a cold drink. As a matter of fact, they were headed home when gramma saw them in the "alley"...but were stopped by two or more perps. Somehow the girls were lured off of the bikes right then (possibly with drinks or maybe even with force) and two of the perps quickly peddled the bikes to the spot that TG saw them. And its the perps who are caught on camera (wearing dark shirts) at the auction house. I do not think that it is the girls in that video.

Someone just said there is a loading dock type area there...how scary and easy is that to scoop them up and conceal them straight out of town?

I am leaning towards the fact that the girls are alive, but sadly were part of a human trafficking operation to make someone (or a few people) quick money.

Just another scenerio. But, I change my scenerio twice a day.

I am a loyal reader on here and when I am not on here my wheels are turning with all of your awesome insights and info. So when I get a break from my kids and mountains of housework..i will try and contribute positively.

With the technology available today, I wish LE could actually confirm or deny these are the girls on the bikes.

I do not think it is the girls either. These riders appear bigger than the girls and are wearing black!!

We know that E had a white shirt on and L a light green, so why is LE telling us this is the girls.

:twocents: IMO

With the technology available today, I wish LE could actually confirm or deny these are the girls on the bikes.

I do not think it is the girls either. These riders appear bigger than the girls and are wearing black!!

We know that E had a white shirt on and L a light green, so why is LE telling us this is girls.

:twocents: IMO

but that lurking "person" shadow behind the white trailer is suspicious

From an earlier thread - posted by considering
quote:

I hope someone hasn't already brought this up and I just missed it. I try to read all the posts but I can miss something. I was watching the video of today's presser and noticed this q and a between a reporter and the LE spokesperson (beginning just after 1:50 when there was a question about Mr. Carpenter, et al).

Reporter: Can you move the timeline up from the 12:15 with Grandma?

LE Spokesperson: No, that's the last time we have is at two.

LE says "No" but then he says "two." What's the opinion here? Do you think LE meant to say 12:15 (instead of two) or do you think LE thought the reporter had said "two" and not 12:15?

End quote

I've been rereading old threads and this probably been answered but I wondered the same thing. Looking at the quotes again, it makes sense he is saying 12:15 is the last sighting if you read it 'too' as in also, not 'two'.

I wonder the same thing--what happened to Aunt T's 'random man' who saw the girls at 2:30? Didn't she say LE had his name? Did I dream that?

One question. How would the 2:30 sighting contradict the 12:20 biker's story? Couldn't the girls have returned to their bikes after TG saw them. Maybe the bikes were not in the same place when TG rode by as when the firefighter found them? Just spitballing.

Yes, Aunt T did say LE had his name, I think, so why would they not confirm that the girls were last seen at the lake , if they talked to him? Especially, since the bikes were found there a short time later, it would seem he would be a credible witness?
As far as the bikes being moved between 12:30 and 2:30 , I guess that would be possible but it seems weird that they would take them back to that secluded area of the trail twice. I guess I am assuming that TG saw the bikes in that general part of the trail.

but that lurking "person" shadow behind the white trailer is suspicious

Yes. I agree. also wearing black, right? i wonder if there is a business in the area where that it the uniform shirt.

maybe the lurker was the mastermind or just standing by if more force was needed.

I don't believe they usually publicize who they awarded the reward to....if they do. I know I wouldn't want my name in the MSM, FB or any other place saying I was the one giving LE info.....or had just received 50K for the arrest of suspected/alleged murder/kidnapper. 1. The perp or their relatives, friends, acquaintances may not like me too well and see revenge of sort. MAYBE not physical harm, but destruction of property and stalking of some sort. 2. There are a few in my family I wouldn't want to know. Just sayin'....

Thanks. No, I wouldn't expect that it would be publicized who collected the reward money. I was more curious about how often reward money was paid out, and if the reward money seemed to be effective in cases like this.

Okay i posted this on some romney site, fb i think. i'll write the next one better.
Wanted: A very human politician to sponser billboards in the 'Evansdale, Iowa area to help find two little girls missing since July 13, 2012. Combine your politics with grassroots America that could use your help. These girls were abducted in broad daylight and it is not a family abduction.

Great job! I went to the "Suggestions" page on his website & wrote a quick note suggesting the campaign sponsor billboards throughout Iowa & the midwest.

http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions

Thanks. No, I wouldn't expect that it would be publicized who collected the reward money. I was more curious about how often reward money was paid out, and if the reward money seemed to be effective in cases like this.

Once in a blue moon, maybe a reward will bring the perp to LE, but I have never seen it in the case of missing children...seems no one wants to admit knowing anything about something like that.

Great job! I went to the "Suggestions" page on his website & wrote a quick note suggesting the campaign sponsor billboards throughout Iowa & the midwest.

http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions
Okay, I did the same thing with alot of whining, lol. Especially abt no amber alert.
I think we need to keep it up, I might reach into the other camp later tonight since he's behind in that state.

reminder: do not sleuth and post about people not directly connected to this case. The rules are at the start of every thread but I am posting a reminder as there have been some posts going down that path. In a second I will bump up the full post containing the rules.

It would be great if Romney or President Obama did something to help find the girls, like sponsoring billboards, but I wouldn't count on it. They might be worried about spending money on two missing children when there are thousands out there. There was even controversy when President Obama said that Trayvon Martin looked like his son. I know that public figures and companies will donate money and resources to a case, even when there are many others, but I think it's a bit different for the president or the guy running for president to get involved in these cases.

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping up

It would be great if Romney or President Obama did something to help find the girls, like sponsoring billboards, but I wouldn't count on it. They might be worried about spending money on two missing children when there are thousands out there. There was even controversy when President Obama said that Trayvon Martin looked like his son. I know that public figures and companies will donate money and resources to a case, even when there are many others, but I think it's a bit different for the president or the guy running for president to get involved in these cases.

But how to decide which cases, when there are so many? I think they would take heat for picking and choosing...

I just want someone to pay attention to this case, I really don't care who the who as long as someone starts helping.

Yes, they may very well have searched that Maiden Lane area...remember, I didn't even get off work until 10-11, and by then the initial LE search was ending (for the night), but the volunteer search was just beginning.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be facing the rest of my days in prison, much less to have a daughter go missing at the same time. There has been plenty of speculation about DM and MCM, fueled by their apparent non-caring public appearances. Add to that the problems of periphery family members since, and I suspect that side of the family is just feeling burned by both LE and media at this time. I've no clue, tho, really, just speculation.

Not jiving on you Ollipop...and realize the photos you took were days after the girls disappearing. The value and knowledge you have given us in your posts here have been indespensible, to say the least, in helping to find these girls. Whether the cans were left there by searchers or were actually there in the midst of a abduction it is glimpse of the area under investigation and pertinent to us in either scenario.:rocker:

I don't have a clue either in the parent's true feelings, but must say I'm still disappointed with their actions/nonactions. Rise above that burn and seek your children. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl