IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you have a link and a quote but I just dont think this is accurate. At least the take away the reporter is giving is not accurate. It sounds like he saw the bikes and then immediately went to the PD to report it. Why would he do that when the girls weren't even reported missing yet? Not questioning TG as much as how MSM changes things for the sake of sentence structure, not realizing that they are changing the meaning; which often leads to our confusion here on WS.

I think it is the way it is written that is confusing..The sentence starts out saying that he stopped to talk with the off-duty LE people..then it quotes him..then it goes on to say he then went on to report it, etc. The entire quote is above ^^^ in post 883.

I've asked before, but do we know what the girls did the day before the abduction? Did they ride bikes, take walks etc??

That may help with the actions of that day. When I was that age, we would spend hours planning what we'd do the next day....I assume kids still do that?

Ted Gamerdinger rides a long way, from his home in Waterloo to the lake often.

I've asked before, but do we know what the girls did the day before the abduction? Did they ride bikes, take walks etc??

That may help with the actions of that day. When I was that age, we would spend hours planning what we'd do the next day....I assume kids still do that?

From what the families said, I assumed that Lyric went on a bike ride as soon as they got to Elizabeths house.

I know you have a link and a quote but I just dont think this is accurate. At least the take away the reporter is giving is not accurate. It sounds like he saw the bikes and then immediately went to the PD to report it. Why would he do that when the girls weren't even reported missing yet? Not questioning TG as much as how MSM changes things for the sake of sentence structure, not realizing that they are changing the meaning; which often leads to our confusion here on WS.

In my post (a few links above this one) I stated that his report to LE took place on Monday after TG talked to LE at the lake during a search. I have no reason to believe this is inaccurate, since there is no other MSM link that I've been able to find that states otherwise. JMO.

From what the families said, I assumed that Lyric went on a bike ride as soon as they got to Elizabeths house.

I'm new here and a local. I have read through the first 4 threads of information but I'm afraid I will never catch up! I have never seen it mentioned that it was raining the morning of July 13, and fairly heavy at times. The rain stopped right around 11am, so the girls would have left the Collins' home right after the rain ended.

In my post (a few links above this one) I stated that his report to LE took place on Monday after TG talked to LE at the lake during a search. I have no reason to believe this is inaccurate, since there is no other MSM link that I've been able to find that states otherwise. JMO.

From my FB conversations with Ted's daughter Melissa, she was reporting on FB the morning after the girls went missing what her father saw. He called it into the Tip-Line immediately Saturday July 14. He also talked to police the following Monday to tell them what he saw (the picture in the newspaper). It was not until FBI or DCI officers showed up at Melissa's door later that week looking for her dad that they actually took his information seriously. They told Melissa they had seen her talking about the sighting on FB. And LE has not publicly made any comments about this report.

The thing is, the girls were caught on cctv riding AWAY from granmas at 12.15.

That would imply to me that they had gone home as requested at the time they were requested, and for some reason WENT BACK OUT AGAIN.

They were expected home around 12.15, grandma had already started worrying/searching by 12.30.

:moo:

Not grandma's-it was the Collin's home.

I think you've got it right. Atleast that's the way that I understood it. TG spoke to LE at the lake on Monday but the LE that he spoke to were not Evansdale police officers. They were from another department and were there as volunteers to help the Evansdale police. I don't remember what city or agency they were from but I do remember reading that they were not local police and that is why they sent him to the PD to make the report.

I'm new here and a local. I have read through the first 4 threads of information but I'm afraid I will never catch up! I have never seen it mentioned that it was raining the morning of July 13, and fairly heavy at times. The rain stopped right around 11am, so the girls would have left the Collins' home right after the rain ended.

:wagon: :greetings:

My theory is that the girls had been riding laps around town, circling back at the lake, and this was a pattern the girls rode every day, or maybe even just that day, for all it matters...

Of note maybe..I think gma said the girls "asked" to go on a bike ride that Friday morning.

BBM

I've never trusted the CCTV time stamp. The only thing it's been cross referenced to is the owner's own cell phone and who knows how accurate that is. And then we have TG's cell phone and the person he was on the phone with whose own phone's time is a minute off of TG's. There could be a real gap between the CCTV-owner's cell phone and TG's cell phone. All this talk of split second timing and can the girls make it across town in seven or eight minutes seems like a lot of splitting hairs when we basically know nothing about how accurate any of the times involved actually are in reference to each other.

I don't think there is any significant difference between the cyclist making a call at 12:27 and that same call being received at 12:28. It's possible that the minute happened to change right at that moment. I think the time on the all the cell phones was likely the same or within a few seconds of each other.

But the important thing is not the difference between TG and the person he was calling, but TG and Mr. Pahl and his time stamped CCTV. As Grainne pointed out by exploring her US Cellular phone and calling the company, certain phones will automatically update, so thanks to that, we can pin down the CCTV time stamp. But TG is still hanging out there and we have no idea what company he uses or what his plan is. Not all companies and plans are equal. I know my cell phone does not update automatically.

I only pointed out that I did not believe that there was a significant difference between Mr. Gamerdinger's cell phone time and his daughter's cell phone time because you made a point of mentioning it.

On Monday and Tuesday, I spent some time researching how cell phones "know" the time. There was more information than I imagined, some better than others. Some was simple to understand, some more complicated. Basically, what GranneDhu was told last night was what I learned. Cell phones received the correct time via cell towers. The cell towers receive the correct time from the atomic clock whose setting is coordinated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the U. S. Naval Observatory (USNO). Cell phones may not have exactly the same time, but they should be with a couple of second of each other -- UNLESS the phone is an older cell phone model (I don't know how old), there is a problem with the individual cell phone, or the battery is dead (in which case it wouldn't show anything, of course). I didn't post the information last night because it was late and I didn't want to hunt down the links from the information that I found so I wrote, "I think the time on the all the cell phones was likely the same or within a few seconds of each other." I didn't sleep last night, I'm tired, I'm grumpy, and I'm still posting this as JMO because of those things. IMO, Mr. Pahl's, Mr. Gamerdinger's and his daughter's cell phones would all show the correct time. If Mr. Pahl is correct when he says that the time on the CCTV was 8 minutes slower than his cell phone, then I believe the correct time they were seen on the CCTV was 12:19. :moo:

No, it isn't hard to ride a bike a mile in 8 minutes! I think anybody could do it. That quote has always gotten me. I ran track back in the good old days so running paces are drilled into my head, you might say LOL. Add a bike to the equation and 8 minutes for a mile should be a cinch, even for children.

Agree, my 7 year old cycled 5 1/2 miles in half an hour yesterday ... along with me and his two brothers who are 11 and 13. They would have done it much faster, if they hadn't have had to keep to his pace. So I agree that the girls would have easily managed the distance/time given.

I am starting to doubt my "theory". Like I'm doing a total 360. Is that normal???

Just because somebody may be highly respectable by the community, does not mean they can do no wrong.

I'm trying to catch up to posts made since late last night so I don't know what this is in reference to or who the "somebody" is, but don't even get me started on some of the disgusting things that have been reported in my local media just over the last year or so. Police officers arrested for distributing child *advertiser censored*, school teachers arrested for child molestation, a county commissioner on trial for allegedly killing his mistress; MANY officials of all stripes involved in drugs and child *advertiser censored*.. all very much upstanding citizens.

There's just something about *advertiser censored* and/or drugs that hook a person's soul and no one is immune to it.

Hi, Adair! I'm so glad you shared this info. about the rain. We all have discussed the rain that day in the past as some have wondered why Mr. Carpenter was watering his lawn when it had just rained that morning. Someone from the local area posted that it did rain but that the rain was very light and only lasted a short time. What do you think about that? Was there so much rain in Evansdale that it would be odd to water the lawn? I don't mean to put you on the spot, I just know we have all wondered about that a good bit.

Why hasn't Grandma stated that publicly? Or did she, and I missed it?

Yes, she did state that publically. No, I don't have a link to prove it. Sorry!

I still believe that Grandma reported seeing the girls around 12:15 BEFORE either of the two-that-are-really-just-one videos were released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic