IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the OP was talking about posters trying to deflect the conversations away from certain subjects, maybe to squelch any new information that might be hitting too close to the truth. I have not observed that here very often, but I'm sure it goes on some places.

SBM --

I haven't noticed that happening but I guess some have seen it. If it does then it just goes right over my head. There is nothing that we have been discussing on the last half dozen or so threads that wasn't discussed on the prior threads. We have discussed just about every little detail that we know of and there's not any new info. available to chew on. It would be kind of boring to just keep going back and re-reading old posts, so the conversation just kind of moves along as individuals share their thoughts or ask questions. That's just the way it will be until we get more info. But, if there are users trying to move the conversation away from obvious topics, I am too lame brained to catch on to it.

Otto is making perfect sense to me-when someone says across I definitely imagined directly across and not to the side (or adjacent I guess). It is semantics, though.

Are you saying that the house that is for sale is down the path, or across the lake, from the bikes?

It's not down any path it's across the lake. Have you seen it in person??

The lake is 28 acres with an Island in the middle. I would say that the location of the bikes is adjacent to the house that is for sale.

The Island does not sit in the middle of the lake, its off to the west.

Cindersoot. Maybe you could just post your theory about that house and leave names and/or theoretical connections out. Are you suggesting a paddleboat from that house or another house was used to transport the girls to that house? Is that what this is about? I'm confused. MOO

Okay, my number one theory (at the moment..)

Lyric and her other cousin meet someone in the park in Waterloo the day they were late. This person tells them that he has something to show them (insert blank), and they tell him they have to be in E'dale. Perp tells them that he can meet them in E'dale at the lake, on the trail..on Friday, and he will take them to see (insert blank..puppy, horses..whatever). One of the girls can't go, because she won't be in E'dale (perhaps another can, but that gets K'boshed by "somebody" inadvertently on the Friday. L and E ask to go biking...and go dinking around until the time they are to meet with the perp. At the proposed time, they head for the trail at the lake (say 12:30). They get there...then, either they are grabbed and taken to a vehicle, lured to a vehicle or agreeably walk away following the perp to go see "it". They are told to leave the bikes and the purse there, because they'll be back soon. They are led, follow, or are driven South not north. They walk for a distance perhaps and then get into a vehicle, because whatever "it" is, is just a little further. That leaves plenty of time to get out of the area, plenty of time for various people to spot the bikes.

Kinda my line of thinking with a few minor changes, like 2 sets of bikes (which would collaborate the timing of biker/hiker sighting and Mr C sighting with the video), someone the girls knew and were meeting not necessarily to "see" something, family knew of the potential for the girls to go to the lake to meet this person(s) because of the prior disappearance with other cousin.

For the visual people - this shows what is being discussed about the W house not being directly across the lake from where the bikes were found. And what I was referring to earlier when I said you would need to look more to the left (in the picture Cindersoot posted). Using the tree and the dock as reference points in that picture - my yellow lines show approximately what is seen in the house for sale pic.

ETA: The problem is some people are more general in their thinking and some people are more exact in their thinking.

lake house view.JPG

lphoto.php

I'm at a real keyboard (instead of a touch-screen tablet) today, so am going to post a little about myself. (OT ~ I love my tablet for ease of use, but I'm certainly not able to type as fast as I'm used to, and I realize my postings have been a bit shorter and maybe a bit cryptic as a result.)

I started following this case as a friend of mine remotely knows the family and I became aware of the missing girls via her fb postings. Other than being born (and attending college) in Iowa, I have no other ties to either the area or the family. I was a legal secretary/paralegal for awhile, and now am widowed and semi-retired.

I really appreciate all of the in-depth, and well thought through postings folks put forward here. I have no current theories; although I don't think the family is involved.

ETA: Some of my postings have gotten deleted, even though I didn't think there was anything controversial or against TOS in them. So, sorry if I have mis-spoken in the past.

For the visual people - this shows what is being discussed about the W house not being directly across the lake from where the bikes were found. And what I was referring to earlier when I said you would need to look more to the left (in the picture Cindersoot posted). Using the tree and the dock as reference points in that picture - my yellow lines show approximately what is seen in the house for sale pic.

ETA: The problem is some people are more general in their thinking and some people are more exact in their thinking.

View attachment 25867

lphoto.php

Thanks for posting this. I just don't see the confusion. Maybe you have to turn your head a tad. I wouldn't have to do that I could just turn my eyes.

View attachment 25867

lphoto.php

That aerial photo is really good. Hmmm. It shows how incredibly close the highway is to where the bikes were found. It also shows a trail along the lake to those houses. Thanks.

That would be the highway heading South I think. People have discounted it because of construction, but the proximity is striking.

Thanks for posting this. I just don't see the confusion. Maybe you have to turn your head a tad. I wouldn't have to do that I could just turn my eyes.

The point being the pic you posted from the kitchen window does not show where the bikes were found. Could you see that location from there - yes. But that pic does not show it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LOL> anyway. This is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake.

BBM:
It looks straight out to the place the girls bikes were found. So I don't know what u mean?

Maybe the portion that I bolded is where some of the confusion comes into play.

Time for a new discussion. Let me think...

So, how was the weather in Evansdale on July 13? :slap:

That aerial photo is really good. Hmmm. It shows how incredibly close the highway is to where the bikes were found. It also shows a trail along the lake to those houses. Thanks.

That would be the highway heading South I think. People have discounted it because of construction, but the proximity is striking.

:confused: A trail? Are you possibly mistaking the retaining wall for a trail?

The point being the pic you posted from the kitchen window does not show where the bikes were found. Could you see that location from there - yes. But that pic does not show it.

OMG, if you were standing at the window you could see where the bikes were found. Yes.

I think what appears to be a trail is actually a dock-type platform/walkway behind the house, and it doesn't connect to the biketrail. There is another house next to this one, then maiden lane and the woods. The trail runs on lake side of maiden lane and the woods and continues around the lake side of the highway. I would consider the bike's location with the W house as being "close" with a lakehouse/lot and small wooded area between them.

Nurse?!

Where is your :nurse: ? I think we need some of those nice relaxation injections.

I know that we are not supposed to post rumors but I heard that you have been MIA for a few days and now you are back looking like this... shame woman.gif

OMG, if you were standing at the window you could see where the bikes were found. Yes.

Read my post again. Yes you *could* see that location from the house but the picture you posted does not show it. That is all. Your first post said "this is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake". 'This' being the pic. The pic does not show where the bikes were found. I'm sorry that is so hard for you to understand.

:confused: A trail? Are you possibly mistaking the retaining wall for a trail?

In the aerial pic attachement that Jules just posted, not the one from the kitchen, there "appears" to be a trail from where the overlay of Maiden Lane/Arbutus join (like an elbow) by the lake. It looks like there is a trail from that elbow along the shoreline to me from the bike trail to the houses. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy Sleuth