IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another view ... same thing

Regarding the proximity of a house that is for sale to the location of the bikes, I think it is also important to remain factual. I don't believe that there is anything about this house that makes it any more significant than any other house on the block, across the street, or near Gilbert Drive. It is near the location where the bikes were found, it's near a house that had a paddle boat and it's near Maiden Lane, but so are many other houses. Other than being in the neighborhood of where the bikes were found, is there any reason why we should pay more attention to this house?

As you know there are some that find it interesting to explore the connection between the owner and MCM's boyfriend that shares the same last name. I even went down the route at one point, but could not find a connection. Rumor threads say there is a connection, but it is only rumor at this point.

I also think some are interested in understanding it's vacancy and accessibility, which is a valid line of thinking. My question in return would be, why are you so adimant that it wasn't involved? You seem so sure of the innocence of this house, but I am unsure of anything and everything, so where does your confidence come from?

Its vacancy and proximity to the possible abduction site is the only interest I have in this property.

meyersacross.jpg

I think it's important to keep the facts as clear as possible when discussing missing person's cases. Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about the aunt claiming that she spoke to someone that allegedly saw the girls at the lake on July 13, yet a week after their disappearance, investigators stated that they had yet to speak to anyone that could confirm that the girls were at the lake that afternoon. I guess either the aunt, or the person she spoke to, was mistaken.

Regarding the proximity of a house that is for sale to the location of the bikes, I think it is also important to remain factual. I don't believe that there is anything about this house that makes it any more significant than any other house on the block, across the street, or near Gilbert Drive. It is near the location where the bikes were found, it's near a house that had a paddle boat and it's near Maiden Lane, but so are many other houses. Other than being in the neighborhood of where the bikes were found, is there any reason why we should pay more attention to this house?

Is that the sliver of Lake that Mr. and Mrs. C live on? If not, sorry. If so, then that makes sense Mr. C saw them.

As you know there are some that find it interesting to explore the connection between the owner and MCM's boyfriend that shares the same last name. I even went down the route at one point, but could not find a connection. Rumor threads say there is a connection, but it is only rumor at this point.

I also think some are interested in understanding it's vacancy and accessibility, which is a valid line of thinking. My question in return would be, why are you so adimant that it wasn't involved? You seem so sure of the innocence of this house, but I am unsure of anything and everything, so where does your confidence come from?

It seems to me that a house that is on the market needs to be sold and the minute someone is interested, realtors will be on the doorstep accessing the lockbox. There is no privacy, so why would a kidnapper take children to a house where he has no control over who might unexpectedly walk in the door at any given moment? I don't think our kidnapper is that dumb.

If there was any evidence whatsoever that the house for sale was a crime scene, we would know it.

Is that the sliver of Lake that Mr. and Mrs. C live on? If not, sorry. If so, then that makes sense Mr. C saw them.

My understanding is that the lawn watering man lives on the corner of Lake Avenue and Gilbert Drive.

Mr. & Mrs C don't live on the lake. They live on the SW corner of Gilbert and Lake.

meyersacross.jpg

I think it's important to keep the facts as clear as possible when discussing missing person's cases. Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about the aunt claiming that she spoke to someone that allegedly saw the girls at the lake on July 13, yet a week after their disappearance, investigators stated that they had yet to speak to anyone that could confirm that the girls were at the lake that afternoon. I guess either the aunt, or the person she spoke to, was mistaken.

One main reason would be that it is 'empty.' The neighboring homes are filled with families for the most part. But this home, being empty, was possibly invaded by perps of some kind. Many crimes take place in empty homes which are taken over by criminals or homeless people or teens.

Another potential reason is the last name of the owner. There is a 'possible' connection to a player in this case. Someone who many already had hinky feelings about before they found out that the empty home on the lake was possibly owned by a distant family member.

It seems to me that a house that is on the market needs to be sold and the minute someone is interested, realtors will be on the doorstep accessing the lockbox. There is no privacy, so why would a kidnapper take children to a house where he has no control over who might unexpectedly walk in the door at any given moment? I don't think our kidnapper is that dumb.

I agree with you for the most part, but sometimes you cannot rule anything out. A little girl was killed in my hometown recently and the man took her in an empty apartment that was up for rent, murdered her, and then removed the body. A police officer supposedly checked it out, saw some suspicious things, but for some reason decided it wasn't relevant. It isn't entirely impossible that someone took them in there momentarily before removing them.
I will also say that I don't think other houses are not suspicious at all. We also have cases where someone's body was found in a basement-even houses that had been "checked out"
Anything is possible though I still lean heavily on a vehicle being used at some point rather than them being snatched into a house.

Yes that would be the logic that you and I would use, but we aren't talking about us. We are talking about someone(s) that do not think the way we do. The potential privacy a house for sale that someone could or could not walk into unexpectedly offers potentially more privacy than out in the open offers. I am not saying that the house had any involvement whatsoever, I am just saying that I am not as confident as you are and ready to dismiss the idea.

Mr. & Mrs C don't live on the lake. They live on the SW corner of Gilbert and Lake.

Sorry, I worded it badly...I meant sliver of Lake (the street) that shows on that map. Very close to the area the bikes were found.

Another quick thought. I don't know where you are but the real estate market in Minnesota and possibly Iowa has not totally rebounded yet. The showings of homes near me are far and few between. I could go to one of the empty neighbors house and take a nap and probably never be found. Not as risky as taking a nap in their front yard where everyone could see me.

Cindershoot, I'm sure you had good intentions, but unless you and your husband are actually interested in purchasing that house, you wasted someone's time that day. A residential realtor doesn't get paid if he/she doesn't sell a house, and when they take the time to show a house to someone who is there under false pretenses, that is unfair, IMO.

I need to clarify something. I never thought the girls were taken to the house for sale. What I have thought is the house might have been used as a lookout. Or the boat house and paddle boat used.

Cindershoot, I'm sure you had good intentions, but unless you and your husband are actually interested in purchasing that house, you wasted someone's time that day. A residential realtor doesn't get paid if he/she doesn't sell a house, and when they take the time to show a house to someone who is there under false pretenses, that is unfair, IMO.

I never wasted anyones time. My husband and I deal in realestate. I asked to see the house for many reasons, and that is my and your right.

Yes that would be the logic that you and I would use, but we aren't talking about us. We are talking about someone(s) that do not think the way we do. The potential privacy a house for sale that someone could or could not walk into unexpectedly offers potentially more privacy than out in the open offers. I am not saying that the house had any involvement whatsoever, I am just saying that I am not as confident as you are and ready to dismiss the idea.

Whoever abducted these children seems to have planned this and planned it well. No one saw him take two girls. No one knows exactly what happened them. All we know is that they are gone. If this person left behind any clues, they must not be good ones. I think whoever who had the ability to do this in broad daylight without being caught is a person who would also have planned to take the girls to a better place than a house for sale in close proximity to where their bikes were found.

Well, that map makes more sense to me all of a sudden. So, if they were biking down there regularly and turning around at the end of the block...they were right in the triangle of the empty house, Maiden Lane, and the place the bikes were found.

I need to clarify something. I never thought the girls were taken to the house for sale. What I have thought is the house might have been used as a lookout. Or the boat house and paddle boat used.

BBM Good points, particularly about the property being used as (possibly) a good vantage point to view other areas such as the bike trail or to familiarize themselves with the area near/around the bike trail/lake.

I know exactly what you are saying. And one would not have to have access to the residence or the lockbox to use the property's vacant status for that.

Upon seeing anyone hanging about on the property in the days or weeks prior to the abduction, Neighbors would possibly be less likely to question a strange vehicle around the property, a strange (unknown to them) person or persons on the property because they may assume that (or those) person was there as a prospective buyer or repairman or inspector or any one of another likely visitors to a vacant property on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop