IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever abducted these children seems to have planned this and planned it well. No one saw him take two girls. No one knows exactly what happened them. All we know is that they are gone. If this person left behind any clues, they must not be good ones. I think whoever who had the ability to do this in broad daylight without being caught is a person who would also have planned to take the girls to a better place than a house for sale in close proximity to where their bikes were found.

I so agree with you. This had to be planned, and probally planned for along time. I remember the grandma saying that her and Lyric have been coming to evansdale to help Heather for quite awhile. This perp might have had a chance to condition these girls to trust him.

BBM Good points, particularly about the property being used as (possibly) a good vantage point to view other areas such as the bike trail or to familiarize themselves with the area near/around the bike trail/lake.

I know exactly what you are saying. And one would not have to have access to the residence or the lockbox to use the property's vacant status for that.

Upon seeing anyone hanging about on the property in the days or weeks prior to the abduction, Neighbors would possibly be less likely to question a strange vehicle around the property, a strange (unknown to them) person or persons on the property because they may assume that (or those) person was there as a prospective buyer or repairman or inspector or any one of another likely visitors to a vacant property on the market.

YES YES and YES! :rocker:

IMHO, only a stranger sexually-perverted type, who groomed them, if even briefly, would abduct two pre-adolescent girls and disappear them. I don't feel that it is drug-related, or young guys... It is possible that a slightly older person could have been the target and that the girls came instead..but an older, say teenage girl, and younger girls are like apples and oranges...as far as the tastes of a perp goes. Maybe I'm totally off base. Maybe a perp will take anything that moves so to speak. Well, I guess it depends on which scenario. I guess it could be a retaliation type of thing as well. I do think it was planned. I do think it is related to the park in Waterloo. Oy vey.

MOO

I also believe the girls were taken by someone they knew but
IMO someone the girls did not know for a long time.
Possibly somebody one of the missing girls and another cousin met
at the lake days before.:what:

I don't think there was actual grooming, I don't believe there was time.
I do think someone coerced Lyric and her older cousin to meet. Again, following your post, Lyric possibly asked her older cousin to go with her to meet whoever again.
The other cousin said I cant and Lyric quickly asked her younger cousin Lizzy to go with her instead.

I agreed with you about this not being about drugs, retaliation , or the like.
All my rambling on and my opinion.

Whoever abducted these children seems to have planned this and planned it well. No one saw him take two girls. No one knows exactly what happened them. All we know is that they are gone. If this person left behind any clues, they must not be good ones. I think whoever who had the ability to do this in broad daylight without being caught is a person who would also have planned to take the girls to a better place than a house for sale in close proximity to where their bikes were found.

Yes you are probably right, but we don't really know. Maybe it was for a short staging period. Maybe it wasnt at all. Or maybe it was. My #1 theory doesn't actually involve this house at all. My #2 does, but I am sticking with #1 theory for now.

Just throwing this out there....Could older female, jealous, bully-type girls/women/woman do this in a retaliation act of some kind? I've known a few doosies in my lifetime. All we've discussed are males. MOO

OMG get outta my head.
I thought about this late last night.
Not long
ago IDtv aired a show about females--young females who kill. :what:

That triggered my memory about a true story, lifetime movie,
about a beautiful teen who was killed by jealous girls.
Could female(s) be the perp?

imo

It still could have been an acquaintance sexually perverted type though. Also, not sure if pedophiles would take a teenager over a young girl or vice versa. There is a big difference, IMO, between the two.

But Lyric and Lizzy are little girls....not teenagers. :(

OMG get outta my head.
Not long

imo

LOL. Yes, I also saw a movie like that...Patty Duke as the Mom.

OMG get outta my head.
Not long

imo

On the day before the kidnapping, when dad went to court, there were three defendants involved in his crime. One of them was a young woman. It made me wonder if she might have been involved with Dan romantically,and maybe he narcked her out somehow? Was there bad blood between this woman and himself? Would she have been angry at Misty as well?

Don't want to distract, but thinking about different scenarios, man, 2 men, man, woman ect. how about this one just posted in Toronto paper...

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn.../220538--2-men-teen-accused-of-raping-girl-14
Two men and a teenage boy are accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl earlier this month.

Police say the victim planned to meet up with one of the accused on Coxwell Avenue on Aug. 2 at 9:30 p.m. When she got there, the two others, whom she didn’t know, were there

There's my theory right there!

One main reason would be that it is 'empty.' The neighboring homes are filled with families for the most part. But this home, being empty, was possibly invaded by perps of some kind. Many crimes take place in empty homes which are taken over by criminals or homeless people or teens.

Another potential reason is the last name of the owner. There is a 'possible' connection to a player in this case. Someone who many already had hinky feelings about before they found out that the empty home on the lake was possibly owned by a distant family member.

If it was an empty, abandoned home, sure, that can become a problem. This is not an empty abandoned home, it is simply for sale for $162,000. It is an MLS listing so there's a lockbox and any realtor with a client can show it.

Yes that would be the logic that you and I would use, but we aren't talking about us. We are talking about someone(s) that do not think the way we do. The potential privacy a house for sale that someone could or could not walk into unexpectedly offers potentially more privacy than out in the open offers. I am not saying that the house had any involvement whatsoever, I am just saying that I am not as confident as you are and ready to dismiss the idea.

Criminals are like every other person on the street - but with an evil streak. They have jobs, families, hobbies, friends and lives. They want privacy and they want to spend time with their victims. A house with the key on the front porch doesn't offer that, so it's not a good choice for someone that wants to abduct two girls ... unless that person happens to own the house, know that it's empty and know the realtor's schedule. That's not the case with this house ... no connection to the girls here.

Since there is absolutely no connection between this house and the missing girls, why don't we look at one of the other houses for sale in Evansdale. Maybe there's one closer to the Collin's house and maybe the girls are in that house.

I think they were immediately taken away from the area somehow. At first, I thought they were maybe dragged into the woods and left there. Now, I think they were whisked away or led away and then whisked away. MOO

Another quick thought. I don't know where you are but the real estate market in Minnesota and possibly Iowa has not totally rebounded yet. The showings of homes near me are far and few between. I could go to one of the empty neighbors house and take a nap and probably never be found. Not as risky as taking a nap in their front yard where everyone could see me.

I get it ... unoccupied homes for sale may present a good place for a perp to take two girls. What other homes are for sale in the area that would be good choices for a perp?

Here's another view ... same thing

meyersacross.jpg

I think it's important to keep the facts as clear as possible when discussing missing person's cases. Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about the aunt claiming that she spoke to someone that allegedly saw the girls at the lake on July 13, yet a week after their disappearance, investigators stated that they had yet to speak to anyone that could confirm that the girls were at the lake that afternoon. I guess either the aunt, or the person she spoke to, was mistaken.

Regarding the proximity of a house that is for sale to the location of the bikes, I think it is also important to remain factual. I don't believe that there is anything about this house that makes it any more significant than any other house on the block, across the street, or near Gilbert Drive. It is near the location where the bikes were found, it's near a house that had a paddle boat and it's near Maiden Lane, but so are many other houses. Other than being in the neighborhood of where the bikes were found, is there any reason why we should pay more attention to this house?
:seeya: thanks!

I get it ... unoccupied homes for sale may present a good place for a perp to take two girls. What other homes are for sale in the area that would be good choices for a perp?

You need to understand that I am not dwelling on this house or any house for that matter. I am simply stating that everything is an option. I hear you saying to back off of this house and I don't know why. I can easily back off because I don't have any reason to think that any house was used. I only inserted myself into this house mess in hopes of discovering something that I may have missed. I respectfully will stay clear of the house topic for now.

I am wondering if there have been any press releases or statements by the local LE as to the progress of the case or what they are doing. Any leads, etc. that they are persuing. Has there been anything 'new' released on the girls. tia

Don't want to distract, but thinking about different scenarios, man, 2 men, man, woman ect. how about this one just posted in Toronto paper...

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn.../220538--2-men-teen-accused-of-raping-girl-14
Two men and a teenage boy are accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl earlier this month.

Police say the victim planned to meet up with one of the accused on Coxwell Avenue on Aug. 2 at 9:30 p.m. When she got there, the two others, whom she didn’t know, were there

Could be.
This again is why my daughters were not dropped off without me meeting parents or allowed to go out alone. Its common sense for me. Over protective, I was. Glad I was.
mo

<snipped for space>But once LE showed up and talked to him, that was clarified that he saw the bikes, not the girls, and that TB had mis-understood what he said.

"I saw them going east on the trail."

Two ways to interpret that. . .

I saw THEM GOING east on the trail. . .meaning girls traveling east. . .OR

I saw them (going east on the trail). . .meaning I saw the bikes on the trail in the east direction.

Did that make any sense?

Yes definitely! That would explain the flipping around on which direction the bikes might've been facing, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109