IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the aerial pic attachement that Jules just posted, not the one from the kitchen, there "appears" to be a trail from where the overlay of Maiden Lane/Arbutus join (like an elbow) by the lake. It looks like there is a trail from that elbow along the shoreline to me from the bike trail to the houses. MOO

I think that is a retaining wall/lawn edging. You could walk along the shoreline all the way to the jetty but there is not a public path or public trail. It is private property.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Read my post again. Yes you *could* see that location from the house but the picture you posted does not show it. That is all. Your first post said "this is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake". 'This' being the pic. The pic does not show where the bikes were found. I'm sorry that is so hard for you to understand.

I guess what I meant is, "IF" you were standing in that kitchen looking out the window!!
<modsnip>

Nurse?!

Where is your :nurse: ? I think we need some of those nice relaxation injections.

I know that we are not supposed to post rumors but I heard that you have been MIA for a few days and now you are back looking like this... View attachment 25870

Here you go: :nurse:
Bet you guys missed me (don't answer that lol)
Yes, the rumor lol was true that time. I was painting my huge house.

I frankly cannot believe these two girls are still missing

Just terrible
I hope they get the leads they need to solve this

I think that is a retaining wall/lawn edging. You could walk along the shoreline all the way to the jetty but there is not a public path or public trail. It is private property.

Thanks for clarifying that! Oh, but you could walk along a "path" there, but you would be trespassing. Okay, I see.

In the aerial pic attachement that Jules just posted, not the one from the kitchen, there "appears" to be a trail from where the overlay of Maiden Lane/Arbutus join (like an elbow) by the lake. It looks like there is a trail from that elbow along the shoreline to me from the bike trail to the houses. MOO

There are fences on each side of the Evansdale Nature Trail near the drainage pipe. The only way to get to Maiden Lane is either through the double gate at the drainage pipe, or to walk towards the end of the treed area where the North fence ends.

Have a look at the map in Bird's Eye view, zoom in, rotate it around ...

http://www.bing.com/maps/?cp=42.4617~-92.28887&lvl=12&where1=42.4617, -92.28887

I guess what I meant is, "IF" you were standing in that kitchen looking out the window!!
<modsnip>

Possibly but I believe the garage might block the line of sight to the jetty from the kitchen window. But you could definitely see the jetty from the yard.

Possibly but I believe the garage might block the line of sight to the jetty from the kitchen window. But you could definitely see the jetty from the yard.

No possibly about it. Unless you have stood in that kitchen and can tell me why?

There are fences on each side of the Evansdale Nature Trail near the drainage pipe. The only way to get to Maiden Lane is either through the double gate at the drainage pipe, or to walk towards the end of the treed area where the North fence ends.

Have a look at the map in Bird's Eye view, zoom in, rotate it around ...

http://www.bing.com/maps/?cp=42.4617~-92.28887&lvl=12&where1=42.4617, -92.28887

Thanks. After driving around on my computer...lol...I'm looking at the possibility that if you go east on that trail past the lake, past Maiden Lane, etc., you come to Grand and River (where it looks like a parking spot)..from there it looks like a bike trail or something goes all the way down to Gilbertville area along and near the river. Is the Evansdale Trail connected to a larger nature trail system? Just brainstorming. MOO

Thanks. After driving around on my computer...lol...I'm looking at the possibility that if you go east on that trail past the lake, past Maiden Lane, etc., you come to Grand and River (where it looks like a parking spot)..from there it looks like a bike trail or something goes all the way down to Gilbertville area along and near the river. Is the Evansdale Trail connected to a larger nature trail system? Just brainstorming. MOO

You can get to Gilbertville by bike on that trail in something like 36 minutes. There is a neighborhood just north of Gilbertville that has Waterloo addresses.

You can get to Gilbertville by bike on that trail in something like 36 minutes. There is a neighborhood just north of Gilbertville that has Waterloo addresses.

Thank you. :)

Ohh. I think what you are seeing is actually Maiden Lane. The "real" Maiden Lane does not follow the white line as is shown on the map.

Yes, my husband and I visited the property last week.

Do you know if the house has air conditioning? What about a basketball hoop? Is there still furniture there? Anyone living there? Did you see a paddleboat when you were there? What's in that little boat house?

Respectfully.. Why did not feed us this tidbit a week ago??
Did you see any signs of the girls, foot prints? finger prints?? drag marks ect???

Here's another view ... same thing

meyersacross.jpg

I think it's important to keep the facts as clear as possible when discussing missing person's cases. Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about the aunt claiming that she spoke to someone that allegedly saw the girls at the lake on July 13, yet a week after their disappearance, investigators stated that they had yet to speak to anyone that could confirm that the girls were at the lake that afternoon. I guess either the aunt, or the person she spoke to, was mistaken.

Regarding the proximity of a house that is for sale to the location of the bikes, I think it is also important to remain factual. I don't believe that there is anything about this house that makes it any more significant than any other house on the block, across the street, or near Gilbert Drive. It is near the location where the bikes were found, it's near a house that had a paddle boat and it's near Maiden Lane, but so are many other houses. Other than being in the neighborhood of where the bikes were found, is there any reason why we should pay more attention to this house?

Don't want to distract, but thinking about different scenarios, man, 2 men, man, woman ect. how about this one just posted in Toronto paper...

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn.../220538--2-men-teen-accused-of-raping-girl-14
Two men and a teenage boy are accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl earlier this month.

Police say the victim planned to meet up with one of the accused on Coxwell Avenue on Aug. 2 at 9:30 p.m. When she got there, the two others, whom she didn’t know, were there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019