IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can propose a theory or scenario without actually sleuthing a particular person. :what:

I'm not MNdad. . but I'll throw out my current favorite theory. . .

The girls are abducted shortly after they are seen on the cctv tape. . .most likely from one of the nearby parking lots.

They are driven out of town. . say in the north-easterly direction.

Perp does whatever. . .I don't like to think about this. . maybe just hides them away in a basement, abandoned building, whatever.

Perp drives back to Evansdale and dumps the bikes and the purse at the lake sometime between 2-2:30.

Yep. . .that's my theory.

Otto, I don't understand either. The back of the house looks out across the lake. On the other side of the lake, maybe a little left of where the photo out the back window shows, is where the bikes were found. I am just not following your logic here.

I am not Otto but I think I see what he means.

If you look at the side to side axis of the house and define "across the lake" as being strictly on a path perpendicular to that axis, the little jetty is not across the lake from the house.

Another way to visualise the same thing is to imagine a giant capital T where the house is the top horizontal stroke of the letter. The direction of the vertical stroke of the letter would miss that little jetty.

I think that is the sense that Otto means.

Otto, I don't understand either. The back of the house looks out across the lake. On the other side of the lake, maybe a little left of where the photo out the back window shows, is where the bikes were found. I am just not following your logic here.

I suppose the word that's causing the problem is the word "across". I interpret "across the lake" as meaning "on the opposite side of the lake". If we interpret the word "across" as meaning "any other shoreline on the lake", then sure, the location where the bikes were found is on another part of the shore. The bikes were actually 4-500 feet to the South of the house that is for sale. I would say that the Island is across the 28 acre lake from the house that is for sale.

Maybe. . .was it ever clear that he discussed it with his daughter during that 12:27 phone call?

No, so far as I know, it was not said explicitly that he did not. Every account I've read says that it wasn't until he heard the news of the abduction that he realised he thought he had seen the bicycles on the path and at that point was able to pinpoint the time using his cell phone log.

If it remotely looks like sleuthing the family the answer is no. we are a victim friendly forum here at websleuths. If there are any further quetions
pm a mod

If I proposed my theory without sleuthing, it would not remotely look like family, but thanks for the heads up.

I'm not MNdad. . but I'll throw out my current favorite theory. . .

The girls are abducted shortly after they are seen on the cctv tape. . .most likely from one of the nearby parking lots.

They are driven out of town. . say in the north-easterly direction.

Perp does whatever. . .I don't like to think about this. . maybe just hides them away in a basement, abandoned building, whatever.

Perp drives back to Evansdale and dumps the bikes and the purse at the lake sometime between 2-2:30.

Yep. . .that's my theory.

Perhaps or maybe a south easterly direction.

Okay, my number one theory (at the moment..)

Lyric and her other cousin meet someone in the park in Waterloo the day they were late. This person tells them that he has something to show them (insert blank), and they tell him they have to be in E'dale. Perp tells them that he can meet them in E'dale at the lake, on the trail..on Friday, and he will take them to see (insert blank..puppy, horses..whatever). One of the girls can't go, because she won't be in E'dale (perhaps another can, but that gets K'boshed by "somebody" inadvertently on the Friday. L and E ask to go biking...and go dinking around until the time they are to meet with the perp. At the proposed time, they head for the trail at the lake (say 12:30). They get there...then, either they are grabbed and taken to a vehicle, lured to a vehicle or agreeably walk away following the perp to go see "it". They are told to leave the bikes and the purse there, because they'll be back soon. They are led, follow, or are driven South not north. They walk for a distance perhaps and then get into a vehicle, because whatever "it" is, is just a little further. That leaves plenty of time to get out of the area, plenty of time for various people to spot the bikes.

My theory isn't much different than yours except the person isn't someone Lyric met at the park the day she was late. I just think it was someone one or both of the girls knew so they didn't have to lure them.

To add to my theory. After they are initially taken South and whatever happens...they could have been driven out of state..a great distance to another destination, where they remain, and the perp turns around and drives back. MOO

My theory isn't much different than yours except the person isn't someone Lyric met at the park the day she was late. I just think it was someone one or both of the girls knew so they didn't have to lure them.

I was thinking along the lines of what Gracelin posted. TB's hunch about the lake. It could definitely be someone who they knew, but that's not quite my theory.

I am not Otto but I think I see what he means.

If you look at the side to side axis of the house and define "across the lake" as being strictly on a path perpendicular to that axis, the little jetty is not across the lake from the house.

Another way to visualise the same thing is to imagine a giant capital T where the house is the top horizontal stroke of the letter. The direction of the vertical stroke of the letter would miss that little jetty.

I think that is the sense that Otto means.

oh....in other words, it is not DIRECTLY, squarely across. Different interpretations of the meaning of the word across. :truce:
....;)I still think it's across (she whispers)

I suppose the word that's causing the problem is the word "across". I interpret "across the lake" as meaning "on the opposite side of the lake". If we interpret the word "across" as meaning "any other shoreline on the lake", then sure, the location where the bikes were found is on another part of the shore. The bikes were actually 4-500 feet to the South of the house that is for sale. I would say that the Island is across the 28 acre lake from the house that is for sale.

The island? Across from that house? I am apparently lost. I will just throw in the towel on this.

My thought about her hunch ... it may have just been a hunch and the others didn't think of it because the girls aren't allowed to go to the lake alone. I don't know.

@ Otto. Is there any path or trail that leads from that trail on the SE end or SW end or anywhere along there that could lead to the river going south? Are there any places anyone could park along the trail that comes up from the South to Meyers Lake?

The island? Across from that house? I am apparently lost. I will just throw in the towel on this.

I think what Otto is saying is pretty simple ... You have a circle, draw a straight line through the middle of it ... the starting point of the line is directly across from the end point. MNDad, I believe, nailed it on the head ... it's how you interpret the word across.

oh....in other words, it is not DIRECTLY, squarely across. Different interpretations of the meaning of the word across. :truce:
....;)I still think it's across (she whispers)

The lake is 28 acres with an Island in the middle. I would say that the location of the bikes is adjacent to the house that is for sale.

Otto, again. Have you been to the Lake in person, or, are you going by a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti