IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...let me preface by saying I am NOT bashing TG...just trying to understand the reporting versus what I thought I knew about TG's report to police. I'm sure I missed something along the way...

It states "TG stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail." We know officers/firemen didn't arrive until later in the afternoon and found the bikes SOMEWHERE between 3:30 and 4 (even though they were there before that). Was TG there riding around the trail this entire time or did he come BACK around the time officers got there? I thought he had stated he gagued the time he saw the bikes based on the phone call he made. I thought I read he had left, went to wherever he went to the bathroom, and then called his daughter.

So after speaking with "officers" (who could have maybe been the firemen who found the bikes??) he THEN went to the actual police department to report what he'd seen?

I swear I read a report where it was said that he went to the police dept. in the following days (maybe even Monday) because he didn't feel they were taking his sighting seriously.:waitasec:

Either I'm confused, or this report conflicts with other reports that have been given.

It's no wonder people are looked at like suspects, because if I am only allowed to follow MSM as far as "facts" then everyone who has been a reported "witness" to this crime has either changed their stories time after time, or the reporters just decide to change it up as they please.

URGH!:banghead:

The reports of him feeling that he wasn't being taken seriously are from FB and other rumor reports and have not be verified that I know of. He actually biked up there on Monday and reported the sighting to fireman and police on the trail in person. I don't have any links right now.

The reports of him feeling that he wasn't being taken seriously are from FB and other rumor reports and have not be verified that I know of. He actually biked up there on Monday and reported the sighting to fireman and police on the trail in person. I don't have any links right now.

So, fireman and police were still out on the trail on Monday in that area when he stopped them?? (I have seen the pic of him talking to firemen/officers several times on here...can't find the dang link!)

I thought everything on that section of trail was all taped off (by the pics I'd seen by Ollipop). The pic of him with the fireman/officers was right on the section of the trail the bikes were found. So we are to believe the trail was all open for use on Monday?!:what:

Ugh...I'm so confused.:maddening: I guess I thought that pic of him was on Friday right when the search was taking place. Then he had gone back again to the actual police station on Monday.

I'm trying to determine if MSM has changed the story of when all these witnesses were in contact with police, or if TG has maintained the same story and MSM has changed it for him!

In truth, the only "fact" we have regarding the alleged bike sighting by TG is that a reporter wrote that story. LE does not acknowledge the report or the witness publicly. Everything else is hearsay. MOO

In truth, the only "fact" we have regarding the alleged bike sighting by TG is that a reporter wrote that story. LE does not acknowledge the report or the witness publicly. Everything else is hearsay. MOO

Oh how very true...

So, fireman and police were still out on the trail on Monday in that area when he stopped them?? (I have seen the pic of him talking to firemen/officers several times on here...can't find the dang link!)

I thought everything on that section of trail was all taped off (by the pics I'd seen by Ollipop). The pic of him with the fireman/officers was right on the section of the trail the bikes were found. So we are to believe the trail was all open for use on Monday?!:what:

Ugh...I'm so confused.:maddening: I guess I thought that pic of him was on Friday right when the search was taking place. Then he had gone back again to the actual police station on Monday.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

Ted Gamerdinger, right, talks with off-duty Cedar Rapids police officers helping in the search for Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins on the bike trail around Meyers Lake in Evansdale Monday, July 16, 2012. (BRANDON POLLOCK / Courier Staff Photographer)

500466ae27f56.image.jpg

I'm trying to determine if MSM has changed the story of when all these witnesses were in contact with police, or if TG has maintained the same story and MSM has changed it for him!

BBM

Excellent question. Is it possible they are further up/down the trail? I can only see one fence in this photo.

That picture was not taken in the taped off area; I believe Ollipop thought it was located further north, very close to Arbutus Ave.

The trail was still closed at that point because even though LE was certain the girls were not in the lake, they had decided to go ahead with draining it just to be sure. The LE officers in the picture were there to keep an eye on the cordon, which is just standard operating procedure. LE doesn't believe for a second that yellow plastic tape has any magic properties to keep unwanted intruders out.

I don't recall a single msm story that said that TG went to the Evansdale PD to report his tip. They all said he was reporting it to the officers keeping an eye on the cordon on Monday. I believe it was from Facebook that his daughter posted that he had called in his tip before he went out there on Monday.

That picture was not taken in the taped off area; I believe Ollipop thought it was located further north, very close to Arbutus Ave.

The trail was still closed at that point because even though LE was certain the girls were not in the lake, they had decided to go ahead with draining it just to be sure. The LE officers in the picture were there to keep an eye on the cordon, which is just standard operating procedure. LE doesn't believe for a second that yellow plastic tape has any magic properties to keep unwanted intruders out.

I don't recall a single msm story that said that TG went to the Evansdale PD to report his tip. They all said he was reporting it to the officers keeping an eye on the cordon on Monday. I believe it was from Facebook that his daughter posted that he had called in his tip before he went out there on Monday.

Thanks. They also taped off a larger area the next day, on Tuesday the 17th.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/e...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Authorities taped off a larger section around the shoreline of Meyers Lake this morning, stepping up search efforts in the area around the lake for any sign of the two girls who disappeared Friday afternoon in Evansdale.
Earlier authorities had only marked off sections of the biking and hiking trail around the lake, where bicycles belonging to Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and a purse were discovered Friday. The two girls haven’t been spotted since then, leading to massive search efforts through the weekend and into this week.

From the same article:

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.
“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

Again, it is the reporter saying this, not quoting TG.

"He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting."

MOO

I miss Ollipop!! I am so worried that he has just become so frustrated and overwhelmed that he has just thrown in the towell. I must say there have been many days that I feel like saying... screw it!! this is crazy!!! Then, I think about E and L and their families and find myself back at the computer or ipad or phone... whatever device I can get to. Many of us have expressed frustration on the lack of new details and updates in the case... but we just gotta hang on for these 2 girls!!! I don't want to sound like I'm judging our Ollipop cause I'm not,, I just miss his posts. I felt like I could see out of his window at his house and onto Meyers Lake. I miss that feeling. :(
I hope you are ok Ollipop.

True, but we do have a published photo of him talking to LE with that reporters story.

I'm starting to wonder if the kids were even abducted at the lake at all since the video shows them going in the opposite direction of the lake at 12:11pm. Also in one of the articles I read it was stated that the gate is normally locked but for some reason on this particular day the gate wasn't locked. I wonder who is responsible for locking and unlocking the gate. The purse and cellphone were found neatly laid on the lake side of the fence from what I've been reading. Something just isn't adding up in my books here.

True, but we do have a published photo of him talking to LE with that reporters story.

Definitely. I'm just saying that there is really nothing anywhere that is official that one can rely on as fact at this point in time if you want to use LE as the standard and source of information. One can see by the differences in reported articles since the beginning that even the articles become altered. There is tons of hearsay and that is all that is...hearsay.

Ok, in this picture TG's bike is facing TOWARDS Arbatus. I firmly believe this pic was taken on the back side of the lake, where both fences are...but maybe up a bit from the exact section where the bikes were found. If he would keep riding in the direction he's facing he would come right up on Arbatus .

So, if the section of the trail (even a small part) was taped off on Friday after they were discovered missing he couldn't have ridden his bike through the trail the way he's currently facing. He couldn't have gotten through the way he's facing.

Are we 100% certain this pic isn't from Friday???...and maybe the report just STATED it was a pic from Monday?

I don't see any way anyone could have had a bike/walked etc. in ANY section of that trail without crossing police lines. It literally cut off the entire back section of the trail that had fences on both sides so unless you went through police lines you'd never be able to ride the entire perimeter of the lake and be facing the direction his bike is facing.

MOO is that this pic was taken on Friday....NOT Monday.

Now if only I knew why LE hasn't included TG's account in their official timeline. It just makes me so sad to think that TG could have been within FEET of this abduction happening and not even know it. :( Prayers to him.

Ok, in this picture TG's bike is facing TOWARDS Arbatus. I firmly believe this pic was taken on the back side of the lake, where both fences are...but maybe up a bit from the exact section where the bikes were found. If he would keep riding in the direction he's facing he would come right up on Arbatus .

So, if the section of the trail (even a small part) was taped off on Friday after they were discovered missing he couldn't have ridden his bike through the trail the way he's currently facing. He couldn't have gotten through the way he's facing.

Are we 100% certain this pic isn't from Friday???...and maybe the report just STATED it was a pic from Monday? I think they were taken Monday.

I don't see any way anyone could have had a bike/walked etc. in ANY section of that trail without crossing police lines. It literally cut off the entire back section of the trail that had fences on both sides so unless you went through police lines you'd never be able to ride the entire perimeter of the lake and be facing the direction his bike is facing.

MOO is that this pic was taken on Friday....NOT Monday.

Now if only I knew why LE hasn't included TG's account in their official timeline. It just makes me so sad to think that TG could have been within FEET of this abduction happening and not even know it. :( Prayers to him.

I don't think anything is 100% sure.

If this was taken on Friday (the bikes were pronounced found at 3:58 PM)...and if he is facing Arbutus...which is East...how do the shadows fall at that time of day...or are they more compatible with an earlier part of the day type of shot, which could have been on Monday..?

5004fc3a97ce2.preview-620.jpg

Police tape lines the area towards the back of Meyers Lake while the lake is drained as authorities continue to search Monday, July 16, 2012,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti