IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the subpoena for KWWL's video footage of the interview with Misty and her mom? IIRC, the station no longer had any of the unaided footage to turn over. What would have prompted that action, I wonder?

"According to the four paragraph subpoena, KWWL may have knowledge regarding a criminal offense which occurred in Black Hawk County on or about July 13, the day the girls disappeared."

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19115317/kwwl-issued-subpeona-in-missing-girls-investigation

Can someone post the video, they are speaking of in this article?

I can't seem to find it...

TYA.... :hug:

OMG the only one I got when I goggled Misty and Mother interview was

Misty Croslin and Her Mother... :floorlaugh: :lol:

(sorry... from Haleigh Cummings Case)

Can someone post the video, they are speaking of in this article?

I can't seem to find it...

TYA.... :hug:

OMG the only one I got when I goggled Misty and Mother interview was

Misty Croslin and Her Mother... :floorlaugh: :lol:

(sorry... from Haleigh Cummings Case)

Scroll down to the the bottom of the article and there is a link to the video.

ETA: Here's the link, just to make it easier: http://www.kwwl.com/global/video/fl...chPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=83131438

I am Brain Dead.. Marilynilpa.... I can't find it :banghead:

I scrolled down and it brought me to another page but no video...:cry:

:nevermind: I see you posted a link...

Did it work for you?

I've watched that video many times, and I still can't figure out what could be of interest to LE. :waitasec: The only thing I noticed was that Grandma didn't say anything. Whatever LE was looking for (raw footage) must have taken place either before or after the interview was taped.

My goodness...our Main Thread Menu shows a spotlight case today re: a missing SAR dog in TN that escaped his yard! Hope he returns home real soon.

Did it work for you?

I've watched that video many times, and I still can't figure out what could be of interest to LE. :waitasec: The only thing I noticed was that Grandma didn't say anything. Whatever LE was looking for (raw footage) must have taken place either before or after the interview was taped.

I've also watched it many times and can't see anything LE might be interested in. The station said that because it was a live interview there was no additional footage.

I wonder if she had words with grandma before they filmed..

Did it work for you?

As I recall, the station said there was no raw footage. It was a live interview and what was seen on TV was what they shot.

TV stations in general do not let raw footage hang around. Most stations have a policy that once the story airs, the raw footage is destroyed. TV stations do not want to be put into the position of being an unofficial arm of LE because it would destroy their ability to get stories.

As I recall, the station said there was no raw footage. It was a live interview and what was seen on TV was what they shot.

TV stations in general do not let raw footage hang around. Most stations have a policy that once the story airs, the raw footage is destroyed. TV stations do not want to be put into the position of being an unofficial arm of LE because it would destroy their ability to get stories.

Bummer.

Still, whoever viewed it and discarded it, knows what was in it, and could probably answer LE questions.

Just because the evidence is gone, doesn't mean the knowledge is.

It is obvious to me what direction the investigation is going. I hope they got some clues.

:moo:

I do not think that they need anymore footage of Misty, she is so strange in her actions. I have NEVER seen any true emotion in her for her daughter to be missing.
Something is so not right with her.

She talks like she has lost a belt or a purse,
In NO way does she show any sad feelings for her missing daughter.
We have more emotions than she does about this case and she is the Mother!

Misty made it clear why they consulted with a lawyer. They were woken out of their beds in the middle of the night and taken to the police station where they were separated, interrogated and accused for 3 hours. That's a rather nasty experience for parents that have had a child kidnapped. A similar thing happened to Amanda Knox (except Knox voluntarily went to the police station at midnight) and if I recall correctly, everyone was up in arms that she was questioned for a couple of hours in the middle of the night without the benefit of a lawyer. Another significant difference is that Knox confessed while Misty and family did not.

Misty appears well spoken and articulate. I'm not sure what people are expecting from her, but if all she was able to do was cry and be confused, the interview would be delayed until she could compose herself. Do people want to see footage where the parents of missing children are emotionally falling apart and, if so, why?

Bummer.

Still, whoever viewed it and discarded it, knows what was in it, and could probably answer LE questions.

Just because the evidence is gone, doesn't mean the knowledge is.

It is obvious to me what direction the investigation is going. I hope they got some clues.

What does the video, taken one week after the girls were abducted, tell you about the direction in which the investigation is going?

What does the video, taken one week after the girls were abducted, tell you about the direction in which the investigation is going?

The video itself? Nothing, as I haven't seen it.

The fact that they issued a warrant to obtain it, however, tells me they are still investigating possible family involvement, which implies that no one has (as yet) been cleared.

I don't think it's against TOS to acknowledge this...all investigations have to clear the family.

The video itself? Nothing, as I haven't seen it.

The fact that they issued a warrant to obtain it, however, tells me they are still investigating possible family involvement, which implies that no one has (as yet) been cleared.

I don't think it's against TOS to acknowledge this...all investigations have to clear the family.

It seems to me that the investigation went in several directions simultaneously. The lake was drained to rule out a possible drowning. 12 square miles of land were searched to rule out the possibility that they had become lost. The family was questioned to rule out family involvement in the disappearance. Video footage from businesses in Evansdale was reviewed to track the last known movements of the girls. I can't see any single direction that investigators were pursuing a week after the abduction. What the police have said is that this was an abduction, so I think the family has been more or less excluded ... since the family members are all accounted for and therefore cannot be guarding abducted children.

Misty made it clear why they consulted with a lawyer. They were woken out of their beds in the middle of the night and taken to the police station where they were separated, interrogated and accused for 3 hours. That's a rather nasty experience for parents that have had a child kidnapped. A similar thing happened to Amanda Knox (except Knox voluntarily went to the police station at midnight) and if I recall correctly, everyone was up in arms that she was questioned for a couple of hours in the middle of the night without the benefit of a lawyer. Another significant difference is that Knox confessed while Misty and family did not.

Misty appears well spoken and articulate. I'm not sure what people are expecting from her, but if all she was able to do was cry and be confused, the interview would be delayed until she could compose herself. Do people want to see footage where the parents of missing children are emotionally falling apart and, if so, why?

I think that is exactly what some people want to see. Fortunately, responsible journalists no longer pander to such tastes.

It struck me the other day what Misty's affect reminds me of. To me, her smiles always contradict her eyes. Her eyes look worried and sad, while her lips smile. I suddenly realised, "well, duh. She has worked retail, where that sort of fake smile is demanded as a condition of employment in many stores and food outlets."

My heart aches for her.

It seems to me that the investigation went in several directions simultaneously. The lake was drained to rule out a possible drowning. 12 square miles of land were searched to rule out the possibility that they had become lost. The family was questioned to rule out family involvement in the disappearance. Video footage from businesses in Evansdale was reviewed to track the last known movements of the girls. I can't see any single direction that investigators were pursuing a week after the abduction. What the police have said is that this was an abduction, so I think the family has been more or less excluded ... since the family members are all accounted for and therefore cannot be guarding abducted children.

Labelling it an "abduction" doesn't necessarily exclude family.

If they have been "cleared" why is the interview tape being requested, and why were they dragged out of bed in the middle of the night to be aggressively questioned?

Sadly, dead children don't need "guarding".

By the actions and continued investigation direction we are seeing from LE, it is obvious to me that NO ONE has been cleared. I simply can't view it any other way.

Not bashing family, just stating opinion. They are looking in several different places at once, but efforts tend to be concentrated where they do the most good. Further investigating an already "cleared" family is not going to happen.

:dunno:

ETA - Deputy Abben specifically said family were still suspects and being looked into.

Abben said despite Dan and Misty Morrissey's criminal backgrounds, no one set of parents is being targeted."Now that it is an abduction everyone is a suspect until we find these people, these two young girls. We look at everybody not just one set of parents over the other," he said. "... Everything has to be considered."
He did however say that they requested the court put Dan Morrissey under supervision in connection with a pending drug trial so they "could have closer supervision."
Dan Morrissey has been out on bond since May 11 in connection with two methamphetamine arrests in December 2011.
"We are not looking at anyone. Everybody is being checked into," Abben said. "It was originally supposed to be done because of the charge he was under. I think it was an oversight and something that was supposed to be done anyway to be put out on pretrial like that."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

That article is dated 22 July. If anyone from LE has since cleared anyone apart from MK, I'd love to hear about it...I'm under the impression that they have not?

:confused:

You're right, I do remember that now. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomuSJ