IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm keeping this all straight, I think G'ma, Lyric, and Lyric's Mom (MCM) all lived at the same house, but that they were close with the extended family. I think G'ma had custody of Lyric for most of this time. When MCM started working ~a week before that, G'ma and Lyric went to the Collins home to help with housework, give the kids a chance to play together, give Heather time to get to critical appointements, etc.

I got the impression (IMO and could be wrong) that Heather had an appointment in the morning and G'ma, Heather, and maybe Aunt T. had some kind of errands to run that afternoon. I keep thinking maybe that's why they could be a little unclear on the time, and why MCM didn't worry right away. IIRC MCM was waiting for a text from her daughter to say where and when to pick her up.

"We need to leave around 1:30" is a lot different, IMO, than "We have an appointment at 2:00 so be home by 1:30" [randomly picked the time for example's sake]. The details here seem important to me for figuring out where the girls were and when. Where to even LOOK. I also keep thinking how fuzzy someone (anyone) would likely be on the time someone 'checked in' or went missing unless it was recorded somewhere.
b b m
Especially true from children's points of view, imo.

LOL My children, lausey helpe me if I said be home AROUND 2pm.
They'd come home at 4pm. :blushing:
They needed specifics. :blushing:
:twocents:

This has been my thought since the beginning. I just don't see this as being "random".

I agree not random and imoo likely connected to one of the girls
being late the previous week or so. :twocents:

I don't think Dan DIRECTLY had anything to do with the disappearance, but I believe his affiliations and criminal background had EVERYTHING to do with it!

He changed his plea THE DAY BEFORE the girl's went missing, which will result in a trial, thus implicating other people.

The "other people", as well as Dan have already benefited...the trial has been delayed twice.

In my opinion, Dan was "the middle man" in a much broader drug/criminal ring that involved many "players" and "other people" in higher levels of a drug ring. These "other people" would be able to pull off a successful abduction/disappearance and cover their tracks, elude LE/FBI, and silence witnesses or other "players" through intimidation, fear, and/or money.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Fath...-in-Court-Friday-163986616.html?m=y&smobile=y

Quote: "Cook said Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail. She said prosecutors had shaved his sentence from more than 45 years to 30 years and then to 10 years, with a mandatory five years behind bars, because of his cooperation." 45 years to 5 years??? HMMM

I am sure Dan's talking and identifying some "other people" and "players".
Appreciate your post.
:yourock:

I know this seems far-fetched, but has anyone considered the girls and/or other family members being involved in The Witness Protection Program? It does include family members as well as "witnesses" in high-profile cases.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-witness-protection-program.htm

That was discussed here early on.
I don't think the WPP would do such a thing without cluing the parents.
I feel pretty certain they wouldn't do that. These parents and grandmother
are likely going through a living hell. :twocents:

The original "5" comment was by me, and has been completely taken out of context.

I personally have no clue how many officers Evansdale have.

I was merely pointing out that the Evansdale LE did everything right in this investigation, from day one, in response to criticism they had "wasted time" draining the lake.

I was trying to illustrate that even though they were a (comparatively) small department they handled this very, very well from the first hour, and that they only had so many trained staff available to do so.

Somehow this has been interpreted as an insult which is the OPPOSITE of my intention.

SS been done on this thread for a couple of days now. :what:

Respectfully, I don't think LE would have drained the lake if the girls were safely tucked away in Witsec. Unless you're thinking they found the girls and ferried them to safety AFTER the lake was drained/ searched? I suppose it depends upon the extent to which LE is willing to go to capture drug offenders.

Does anyone here know if any other family members have seemingly disappeared into thin air?

Otherwise, the girls would be in Witsec alone. Doesn't make sense to me, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Glad you said it Reverie.

I stand corrected on the location where MCM worked, so the whole MCM line of sight to the Collins' and the likelihood of the girls stopping by is invalid. I still wonder about more cameras in the area, but I guess we have to take it at face value that no other cameras caught them or that LE isn't releasing that information; which seems unlikely.

Sounds odd to me that there are no more cameras in that area.

I stand corrected on the location where MCM worked, so the whole MCM line of sight to the Collins' and the likelihood of the girls stopping by is invalid. I still wonder about more cameras in the area, but I guess we have to take it at face value that no other cameras caught them or that LE isn't releasing that information; which seems unlikely.

IIRC, LE subpoenaed videotape from a bank near the Collins house. I wonder if that showed anything? I don't remember hearing anything else about it.

The details that haven't been released in this case far outweigh the details that have.

LE have their reasons for not sharing the obvious, such as fingerprints on the bikes, whatever "physical evidence" they said they had found and surely processed by now, any other sightings of the girls around town - there HAD to have been more.

The request for the Elk Run Heights van driver to contact them, for example, implies a white van involvement to me, even though LE have not confirmed this.

:dunno:

My personal belief is that LE are now investigating two murders by known suspects, instead of working to recover two girls abducted by an unknown and on the loose perp. This accounts for the lack of information being given, the lack of transparency of the investigation in general, and the sudden lack of apparent urgency in the investigation, after initially announcing the girls were alive.

LE are quietly building a case of murder, not recovering two girls. It's heartbreaking.

:cow:

The original "5" comment was by me, and has been completely taken out of context.

I personally have no clue how many officers Evansdale have.

I was merely pointing out that the Evansdale LE did everything right in this investigation, from day one, in response to criticism they had "wasted time" draining the lake.

I was trying to illustrate that even though they were a (comparatively) small department they handled this very, very well from the first hour, and that they only had so many trained staff available to do so.

Somehow this has been interpreted as an insult which is the OPPOSITE of my intention.

SapphireSteel, I certainly did not intend to offend you, perhaps I misread your post. I have a problem with my eyesight and sometimes I DO misread things, particularly if I am scrolling pretty fast and speed reading, trying to catch up.
I apologize if I upset you, it was not my intention.

The details that haven't been released in this case far outweigh the details that have.

LE have their reasons for not sharing the obvious, such as fingerprints on the bikes, whatever "physical evidence" they said they had found and surely processed by now, any other sightings of the girls around town - there HAD to have been more.

The request for the Elk Run Heights van driver to contact them, for example, implies a white van involvement to me, even though LE have not confirmed this.

:dunno:

My personal belief is that LE are now investigating two murders by known suspects, instead of working to recover two girls abducted by an unknown and on the loose perp. This accounts for the lack of information being given, the lack of transparency of the investigation in general, and the sudden lack of apparent urgency in the investigation, after initially announcing the girls were alive.

LE are quietly building a case of murder, not recovering two girls. It's heartbreaking.

:cow:
Its been 8 weeks since the girls were last seen.
I'm worried this will be another Haleigh Cummings case.
LE also worked Haleigh's case for a long time.
There's been no arrest.
Now YEARS later Haleigh is still missing. :(
:twocents:
Sincerely praying Lizzy and Lyric are found and brought home soon.

Yikes, yikes, yikes....just caught the end of Dateline NBC....

I'll go try to find a link...

Basically a 'staged' scenario of 'stranger-danger-trained' kids and an Ice Cream truck....

Wowzers....gonna go look for some kinda link...

Best I can do...not sure there's the whole episode available to link...east coast time here....

So maybe those farther west can watch as it airs...and maybe someone more adept than me can figure out how to link...

Dateline NBC
Airdate: 09/02/12

A hidden-camera report on children's behavior when confronted by strangers. Correspondent: Natalie Morales.

Idk the answer to that, but I noticed that there is a Vineyard church across Lafayette from Cornbelt too. :waitasec:

According to a July 17 article on kcrg.com they attend Heartland Vineyard Church in Cedar Falls, per their pastor.

See "Hundreds Gather at Vigil for Missing Girls".

Sorry, cannot link from this tablet.

SapphireSteel, I certainly did not intend to offend you, perhaps I misread your post. I have a problem with my eyesight and sometimes I DO misread things, particularly if I am scrolling pretty fast and speed reading, trying to catch up.
I apologize if I upset you, it was not my intention.

None taken :)

The FBI is getting a fair amount of criticism for their (mis)handling of certain cases. I have read scathing editorials recently about the number of missing girls in the US, and the number of those cases who have clear suspects (mostly family), yet no arrests.

Lisa Irwin, Jonbenet Ramsey, Haleigh Cummings, and others, children surrounded by likely culprits, and circumstantial evidence, yet still no arrests.

Who is to blame?

In my opinion a combination of things, including miscommunication between the FBI and the local LE. We have seen it here, with Abben and Breault openly contradicting one another.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member