IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would LE have gone through the charade (and expense) of draining the lake if this were the case?

I hope I can clarify...

My idea on the Witness Protection Program wasn't to indicate that the girl's ORIGINAL disappearance/abduction was related to it. I was thinking that AFTER the disappearance, the investigation led LE/FBI to believe it was related to a high profile case involving certain family members and/or suspects. Maybe the girls were located and they and other involved family members were placed in Witness Protection Program, with family being aware (which would explain family demeanor and behavior that some indicate as bizarre, inappropriate, "acting like the've misplaced a purse and not a missing child", "know more than their telling", etc.).

This is not actually my theory, but just a thought that keeps crossing my mind.

IMOO...Too many circumstances and coincidences for the disappearance not to be related to someone known to the family or family activities.

A cyclist.....saw the bikes...swerve, etc. Gone. Just a pic with a name of someone who stopped to talk with..

I knew my recent link saving was going to come in handy eventually. :) It's still here:

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/e...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

I am not sleuthing this guy and I've edited out most of his name even though it's been here a lot. I just wanted to be sure it's clear I'm quoting the article but not implying anything.

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

T** G*********r of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” G*********r said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

I knew my recent link saving was going to come in handy eventually. :) It's still here:

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/e...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

I am not sleuthing this guy and I've edited out most of his name even though it's been here a lot. I just wanted to be sure it's clear I'm quoting the article but not implying anything.

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” G*********r said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

Ok I read that way back in the beginning!
Now when did he go to the police department and report this?
After he heard they were missing?

Ok I read that way back in the beginning!
Now when did he go to the police department and report this?
After he heard they were missing?

Darn it you remembered something I didn't save a link for. ;)

IIRC he mentioned it to his daughter after he found out the girls were missing. The following Monday he talked to off-duty LE officers who were searching the lake, then went to the police station to officially report it.

One thought I had early on (before I found out about the lake being essentially non-swimming) was that maybe Lyric was showing off her new "backflip" skill, hit her head, and Elizabeth went to help her and they both drowned. I'm glad that possbility was ruled out, but I can't think of any other scenario that NO ONE else would know where they are. :(

What is the likelihood that the girls were put into the lake AFTER it had been cleared?

15 children missing from one small district in 8 months? That sounds really strange. The youngest are Elizabeth, 8 and Lyric, 10. I wonder why Elizabeth's age is listed as 9 - as she disappeared at the age of 8. Is the list accurate and up to date, or are there special circumstances for some of the children, like the 18 year old, that suggest it was not an abduction? Are the ages of the children the age they are today, or the age they were when they disappeared?

If 15 children were kidnapped in 8 months, then I'm shocked that more has not been done to find a common theme between the children and locate the abductor.

Elizabeth missed celebrating her ninth birthday with friends and family after she disappeared.

Darn it you remembered something I didn't save a link for. ;)

IIRC he mentioned it to his daughter after he found out the girls were missing. The following Monday he talked to off-duty LE officers who were searching the lake, then went to the police station to officially report it.

It was way back in the beginning ....

And 12 20 was a pretty precise time dont ya think?

I have a Q!

How far away do Grandmother Misty and Lyric live from Elizabeth?

So the bicyclist sees the bikes on the trail at about 12:20, the girls were seen pedaling on video at 12:11. It's about 1.5 miles from the video sighting to the entrance of the trail and another 1/2 mile to the location(iirc) of the bikes. So it would appear that there is about 10 minutes of time and 2 miles away for this to have happened. Yet it was not til 4:00 (rough) that the bikes were found. The perp had about a 2 1/2 hour lead, and with the bikes being found by the lake it appeared that they (the girls) had possible drowned. Then the backgrounds of the one set of parents comes back sketchy and that has to be looked at. idk

What is the likelihood that the girls were put into the lake AFTER it had been cleared?

Hmm I had not thought about that. I think it's very unlikely mostly because I think something would've been found by now, especially during the lake cleanup that took place 8/25. Maybe not the girls but something - clothing, shoes, tape, rope? It seems unlikely to me for someone to keep the girls this long, until after the lake cleanup even, to put them in the lake.

More on the cleanup:

Story: http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_56e21803-31f0-550c-9991-4aea1bb5eb07.html

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/vo...cle_c71104ee-ef25-11e1-a5bc-001a4bcf887a.html

Video: http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...mix_10cffc92-eedc-11e1-84db-0019bb2963f4.html (one volunteer definitely has a pink shirt on, not sure if it's one of the Elizabeth/Lyric shirts)

A few snippets, with a couple of things BBM:
<snip>... draining the lake revealed a lot of trash, brush and other debris littering the 26-acre lake. The park board is asking the community to spruce it up.
<snip>
Since the girls' disappearance, the lake has been a focal point of the investigation and hope. Multiple prayer vigils for their safe return have been held near the body of water, and family and friends often spend time there.

Mayor Chad Deutsch said it's a good opportunity to clean up the lake before the trash is covered up again by water. He's sure the girls will be on everyone's minds as they work.
<snip>

ETA: please don't take my post wrong. :) I like it when we start throwing ideas out there, even if they seem unlikely. The unlikely one might be right... thinking through how plausible it may or may not be is helpful IMO. Thank you for putting it out there!

CN2,

My heart skipped a beat when I saw your
list of children missing from that area!!
:what::maddening::what:
There is a huge problem with abductions in that one state.
What is being done in that area to protect children?:please:
Why havent those kids been found?:banghead:

What is LE doing about this?
What about a special taskforce?
Its insane.Im so sad. So worried about Lizzy and Lyric.
imo

So the bicyclist sees the bikes on the trail at about 12:20, the girls were seen pedaling on video at 12:11. It's about 1.5 miles from the video sighting to the entrance of the trail and another 1/2 mile to the location(iirc) of the bikes. So it would appear that there is about 10 minutes of time and 2 miles away for this to have happened. Yet it was not til 4:00 (rough) that the bikes were found. The perp had about a 2 1/2 hour lead, and with the bikes being found by the lake it appeared that they (the girls) had possible drowned. Then the backgrounds of the one set of parents comes back sketchy and that has to be looked at. idk

Elley Mae,
What are your thoughts about what may have happened to the girls?
10 minutes is such a short amount of time for 'something' to happen.. imo
I still think maybe someone planned the girls abduction..... possibly someone
who knew the girls were heading in that particular direction that particular day. idk..... :(

School started here today. I kept thinking Lyric and Lizzy should be all excited about school starting, catching up with friends, giggling at the lunch table.

Why isn't LE making it a huge everyday issue that TWO children in that town are missing and the perp(s) are on the loose. The town cannot possibly be back to operating as normal....could they? I'm very surprised that there isn't a loud, "we have to find these/this perp(s) NOW...children are NOT safe until this is solved!!".

Instead...crickets...something is just not right...drives me nuts..MOO

One more thing..I keep seeing on posters, etc., that they were last seen at 12:05. What is up with that?

Why isn't LE making it a huge everyday issue that TWO children in that town are missing and the perp(s) are on the loose. The town cannot possibly be back to operating as normal....could they? I'm very surprised that there isn't a loud, "we have to find these/this perp(s) NOW...children are NOT safe until this is solved!!".

Instead...crickets...something is just not right...drives me nuts..MOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :takeabow:
The statistics for that area are shocking.

Maybe they need to get an SAR dog on the case!!! :)

Thank you for the smile, LisaB! You'll love this: After leaving this thread yesterday, I went back to that missing SAR dog thread and actually suggested they use another SAR dog to search! :)

I'm surprised Nancy Grace has picked up on that tidbit and said something about it on national television. This is unbelievable! It almost sounds like there's some sort of crime ring abducting kids here.

If that man saw the bikes at 12:20 why where the bikes not found till 4 pm?

didnt the family run to the lake way earlier?

If that man saw the bikes at 12:20 why where the bikes not found till 4 pm?

didn't the family run to the lake way earlier?

Yes I think they were at the lake at 2:30.

And I believe that is when the "other jogger Witness" Told Tammy B that he saw the girls bikes there.

Wonder why Tammy and others didn't walk all the way around the lake...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89