DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the pic I was referring to. . .

500837baddcb1.preview-620.jpg

The caption reads

Officials retrieve objects from Meyer Lake in Evansdale, Iowa as the search for missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale on Thursday, July 19, 2012 in Evansdale, Iowa. (DAWN J. SAGERT / Courier Staff Photographer

I think the black things the LE officer is carrying might be blocks used to
stop a boat trailer from rolling! They are placed under the wheels. Just a thought

This is the pic I was referring to. . .

500837baddcb1.preview-620.jpg

The caption reads

Officials retrieve objects from Meyer Lake in Evansdale, Iowa as the search for missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale on Thursday, July 19, 2012 in Evansdale, Iowa. (DAWN J. SAGERT / Courier Staff Photographer

Hmm...when I first looked at the photo, I thought officer was holding a camera in his right hand...but then I noticed he seems to be holding an identical item in his left hand, so not a camera. (:

I did read the caption, but not sure officer is holding found items. You said in earlier post that one item looked like a shoe...could both items be shoes? (Perhaps officer had rubbers to slip on...you know, boots...to protect his shoes when he walked in wet areas?) idk

ETA: oops just saw close up photo up thread...I'm right about objects being the same but wrong about boots!

:waitasec:
how do we know they didn't dust the gate for fingerprints???

I.............a............................Didn't see any metallic dust on any of the gate in any of the pictures and..................a..........Forensic Evidence Technicians don't usually clean it up when their done.......

BUT I could be wrong..... :blushing:

:waitasec:

I.............a............................Didn't see any metallic dust on any of the gate in any of the pictures and..................a..........Forensic Evidence Technicians don't usually clean it up when their done.......

BUT I could be wrong..... :blushing:

I was just throwing it out there..

I am thinking they did but that is just me and my :twocents:

I was just throwing it out there..

I am thinking they did but that is just me and my :twocents:

yeah....................you are probably right............just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen............

attachment.php

Looks to me like the things you put on a boat so it won't scratch the side...:waitasec:

Attachments

• 500837baddcb1_preview-620.jpg
    500837baddcb1_preview-620.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 126
darn it... I wish they could find these girls :-(

I hope the six points are generating the leads needed

I know we have discussed this before, but I'm still puzzled by why the missing poster of Lyric and Elizabeth says they were last seen riding their bikes at around 2 p.m. The poster also asks for information from anyone who saw them after 12:15.

If this poster is incorrect about the 2 p.m. time, why hasn't the poster ever been corrected?

If the poster is right, who saw them at the lake at around 2 p.m.? The guy TB talked to??

Like I said, I know this has been discussed, but I'm still wondering about it.

I too have been wondering about the conflicting times. What we are seeing from investigators, in my opinion, is general suggestions and information about the abduction. They are probably hoping that by giving specific suggestions, someone may recall something. The children were last seen at 12:15-ish and the bikes were apparently seen at about 2-ish. By including both times, investigators may be hoping that someone will come forward. If they only mentioned the 12:15 time, some people may conclude that because they were busy at work at 12:15, they couldn't have seen anything. By including the 2:00 time, those that couldn't have seen anything at 12:15 may re-think what they were doing that afternoon.

I too have been wondering about the conflicting times. What we are seeing from investigators, in my opinion, is general suggestions and information about the abduction. They are probably hoping that by giving specific suggestions, someone may recall something. The children were last seen at 12:15-ish and the bikes were apparently seen at about 2-ish. By including both times, investigators may be hoping that someone will come forward. If they only mentioned the 12:15 time, some people may conclude that because they were busy at work at 12:15, they couldn't have seen anything. By including the 2:00 time, those that couldn't have seen anything at 12:15 may re-think what they were doing that afternoon.

Me personally, Wish LE would have asked if anyone had seen anything in the last five days leading up to the 13th, that was unusual and seemed out of place and then asked them if anything ALL day Friday the 13 that they may have seen or heard.

I am sure the Perpetrator didn't just come into town seconds before the abduction and leave seconds after it.

ETA: Didn't a WSer or a MSM say the flyer just asked if anyone saw something between 12:00 and 4:00Pm ...... :waitasec:

Me personally, Wish LE would have asked if anyone had seen anything in the last five days leading up to the 13th, that was unusual and seemed out of place and then asked them if anything ALL day Friday the 13 that they may have seen or heard.

I am sure the Perpetrator didn't just come into town seconds before the abduction and leave seconds after it.

ETA: Didn't a WSer or a MSM say the flyer just asked if anyone saw something between 12:00 and 4:00Pm ...... :waitasec:

Who does maintenance at that park and when?

DH says the things in the hands of the officer in the picture look like some type of M18 Claymore mines. Also, notice the horizontal wire in the lower left quadrant, to the left of the officer..could be a trip wire. They are used to set up perimeter around a camp, e.g., in Vietnam. Some have antenae. You can see all kinds of them on google. MOO

Anyone notice the purply/pink thingy in the upper left corner of the pic?

Is it the purse?

DH says the things in the hands of the officer in the picture look like some type of M18 Claymore mines. Also, notice the horizontal wire in the lower left quadrant, to the left of the officer..could be a trip wire. They are used to set up perimeter around a camp, e.g., in Vietnam. Some have antenae. You can see all kinds of them on google. MOO

WHAT!!!! :gasp: ............ What they need them for......:gasp:

Not sure Eileen, But that is a really good Question....

I'm pretty sure that question was answered at some point, but I can't recall how far back it was. Maybe someone with better memory than me (meaning everyone:what:) will remember.

Is this the same cup? Are Kwik Star and Kwik Trip the same company?

kwik-trip-coffee.jpg

Yes, they are the same company. The brand of coffee is exclusive to Kwik Star/Kwik Trip, Inc., as well. In short, the cup would have come from only one store. From what I have found, for the record, I do not believe this is sold at any of the Casey's General Stores, only at Kwik Stars.
One thing I noticed, which could just be a discoloration in the picture itself is that the label on the cup found by LE that day appears rather blue, whereas all other pictures of the same cups appear more gray. What might the differences in colors mean? Decaf over regular? While such might seem picky, it might also point to a specific order placed, IF this cup even ties in to this case at all. It did look fairly new, especially since it rained so much prior to the girls going missing.
I'm sure LE has thoroughly gone over that cup for, as stated, fingerprints and DNA. Then, of course, a 'match' would need to be made, and that would require either records of such, or samples taken. Wouldn't mean much if there are no records to match such to.

Who would be drinking coffee on the shoreline that is basically fenced off (even if the gate was unlocked) it sounded like it was not really supposed to be accessed; although it clearly was. Fishermen? Perp? Teenagers...not. Kids...not. Maintenance workers? MOO

Another thought. IF the cup belonged to a perp, then you would want to know what type of person buys coffee on a Friday morning at a convenience store, as opposed to having coffee at home. If it were a construction worker, I would expect that they would be buying something cold and wet (soda, ice tea) to take to work, and they usually buy a large quantity due to the heat. If it was a commuter..well, they were not commuting, because they weren't "at work" on on the way to work, but if they were a repair person who had a job that morning in town early..that would make some sense. A person on a bike, would most likely have their water in a water container on their bike or with them; especially, if they were biking any distance. In any case, LE has pretty much indicated the perp was using a vehicle on that day, whoever they/he/she is/are. MOO

IMHOO the time of day one buys coffee isn't a big deal. :blushing:

I'm a huge coffee drinker and I buy hot coffee drinks at all times of day.... and conveniently so with Star Bucks being 1/4 mile away from my home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMGTrueCrime