IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cup shown in posts #422 and #423....seems to show a bronze cup with blue....

Maybe somebody more technically adept, than at least some of us :), can 'blow up' that image?

I have, and I do know photography (and editing) pretty well. This blue labeled cup, hands down, is the one in the photo being held and collected by LE. While in that LE photo the cup may appear "striped" vertically, that is merely the way it reflects in the light. It also tells me that this cup hadn't been lying where they found it all that long. Especially, once again, as it had rained (according to locals there) most of the night and up until about 11am on Friday, the 13th. Found in such a remote area, as well, intrigues me.

BBM

I've worried about that exact same thing! Also, have wondered why LE hasn't asked that everybody who saw the girls at any time that day or spoke with one of them on the telephone earlier that day should come forward.

:seeya:
Fox, LE may have asked people to come forward who saw the girls that day...maybe thats one of the things LE isn't telling the general public about.
moo

It is unknown.

TG, the bicyclist, never pinpointed for the media exactly where he saw the bicycles. LE has given a general location (near the gate to the little rock jetty visible in overhead photos) but not a precise location.

If the devil is in the details, then he is surely lacking in this case because the details are skimpy.

That is so weird to me! A guy who rides that trail all the time couldn't remember exactly where he almost ran over the bikes? Or, are we just not hearing that he gave them the exact location? I can't believe he would not know where it was. So, there is a chance that the girls (or someone) may have moved their bikes after he saw them?

That is so weird to me! A guy who rides that trail all the time couldn't remember exactly where he almost ran over the bikes? Or, are we just not hearing that he gave them the exact location? I can't believe he would not know where it was. So, there is a chance that the girls (or someone) may have moved their bikes after he saw them?

I imagine TG knows where the bikes were located. What we don't know is where the bikes were found in relation to where TG spotted them (if they were the same two bikes).

Excellent point. So...now I wonder when this poster was created with the 2:00 time...before or after people had come forward. If it was created on the 14th, that could mean something. If it was created for example, Thurs. or Fri., the following week..that could mean something too. The weird thing is that in one of the articles the other day regarding the 6 points, I think I read that it said the bikes were "found" at "around 2:00", which completely throws everything off even further. This is what I was referring to the other day that it at least appears that someone is purposely muddying the waters. The timeline is liquid to say the least. MOO

Just a stupid thought here, but there have also been issues about HOW the bikes were found, as in on the ground or leaning against the fence. Maybe... big one here... someone did find the bikes on the ground, at 2PM, was concerned such could cause an accident, and moved the bikes to the side, up against the fence. The fireman found the bikes up against the fence around 4PM, but later on whoever moved the bikes came forward. Just a thought, and MOO.

Just a stupid thought here, but there have also been issues about HOW the bikes were found, as in on the ground or leaning against the fence. Maybe... big one here... someone did find the bikes on the ground, at 2PM, was concerned such could cause an accident, and moved the bikes to the side, up against the fence. The fireman found the bikes up against the fence around 4PM, but later on whoever moved the bikes came forward. Just a thought, and MOO.

That's a good thought, but someone seeing the bikes around 2:00 wouldn't be considered a sighting of the girls, IMO. Unless the person who moved the bikes also saw Lyric and Elizabeth at the time??:waitasec::waitasec:

Why would that be at a lake?

I'm thinking that it has to do with LE securing the area while they were collecting evidence if they had to leave before they were through. It would just alert that someone was walking around at night for example. I think it is LE's equipment. MOO

Didn't someone mention awhile back that Lyric had gotten in trouble with a cousin a few days before or week before trying to physically meet up with someone they had met on the internet? I don't remember all the specifics about that ordeal but I often wonder if maybe Lyric had been talking to more than one person on the internet and maybe that person said they would be in town on such and such date and they had made arrangements to meet up at the lake or something like that. There are so many predators on the internet and you can never be certain just who or what kind of person you are talking to. Its scarey. I would never allow my kids as they were growing up to go into the chat rooms on the internet. There was a girl who worked with my daughter at HyVee when she was a kid who had been talking to a person on the internet who actually was able to search the internet and found out where this girl lived, went to school and her place of employment. This creepy person showed up at the store where this girl worked and this creepy person was not in the least what this girl ever expected this person to be. It was an older man posing to be a teenager and this girl never gave him any personal information about herself but yet this creepy guy found her. It scared that girl to pieces. I've often wondered if maybe this is what happened in this case.

Didn't someone mention awhile back that Lyric had gotten in trouble with a cousin a few days before or week before trying to physically meet up with someone they had met on the internet? I don't remember all the specifics about that ordeal but I often wonder if maybe Lyric had been talking to more than one person on the internet and maybe that person said they would be in town on such and such date and they had made arrangements to meet up at the lake or something like that. There are so many predators on the internet and you can never be certain just who or what kind of person you are talking to. Its scarey.
No. Lyric and her cousin, Aunt Tammy's daughter, were late returning, but they never met someone from the internet, unless that's some new detail.

No. Lyric and her cousin, Aunt Tammy's daughter, were late returning, but they never met someone from the internet, unless that's some new detail.

I must have heard it wrong then and thank you for correcting me. Do we know where the two girls had been as to why they were late?

I'm thinking that it has to do with LE securing the area while they were collecting evidence if they had to leave before they were through. It would just alert that someone was walking around at night for example. I think it is LE's equipment. MOO

LOL I was all confused.
That makes perfect sense Sunlight.

I seem to recall that the sewer station on Maiden Lane is checked on Fridays ... but I don't know when I read that or who posted it.

FWIW, another thought hit me in relation to maintenance and similar bike trails we have here in Washington. While no motorized vehicles are allowed on ours (and I assume on the one in Evansdale, as well), there is one exception, and that would be the Parks Department. They use dark green pickup trucks here, driven on the trail, for pickup of garbage cans placed along the trail and other such maintenance. I would think such a vehicle would even fit through the double-fenced area on Meyers Lake. I had to disembark on a narrow bridge here once to allow such a truck to pass through.
While I'm sure LE has checked all scheduled and allowed maintenance, could someone have done so in 'disguise' as such? A dark colored vehicle would not be as readily seen and noticed, as well, I would think.

This is the pic I was referring to. . .

500837baddcb1.preview-620.jpg

The caption reads

Officials retrieve objects from Meyer Lake in Evansdale, Iowa as the search for missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale on Thursday, July 19, 2012 in Evansdale, Iowa. (DAWN J. SAGERT / Courier Staff Photographer

Those remind me of remote controls for hobby boats, which are huge attractions for kids of all ages.

Here's an enlargement of the coffee cup

meyerscoffeecup.jpg

Yes, they are the same company. The brand of coffee is exclusive to Kwik Star/Kwik Trip, Inc., as well. In short, the cup would have come from only one store. From what I have found, for the record, I do not believe this is sold at any of the Casey's General Stores, only at Kwik Stars.
One thing I noticed, which could just be a discoloration in the picture itself is that the label on the cup found by LE that day appears rather blue, whereas all other pictures of the same cups appear more gray. What might the differences in colors mean? Decaf over regular? While such might seem picky, it might also point to a specific order placed, IF this cup even ties in to this case at all. It did look fairly new, especially since it rained so much prior to the girls going missing.

The Casey's coffee cups are very distinctive, and very different from the Kwik Star coffee cups. What is similar between the two stores is that they are both chains of gas station/convenience stores. Unlike Starbucks where coffees are made for customers, the customer grabs a coffee cup and fills it, adds whatever sweetener or cream is desired, and takes to the counter to pay for it, along with gas or other purchases. There would be nothing on the receipt that indicated anything other than the size of the coffee .... and the blue label is for the largest cup. In communities where both chains are available, people tend to stay with one vs the other, even when traveling (brand loyalty).

Here is a link that shows the different sizes:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0817583525.112760.113982693525&type=3&theater

FWIW, another thought hit me in relation to maintenance and similar bike trails we have here in Washington. While no motorized vehicles are allowed on ours (and I assume on the one in Evansdale, as well), there is one exception, and that would be the Parks Department. They use dark green pickup trucks here, driven on the trail, for pickup of garbage cans placed along the trail and other such maintenance. I would think such a vehicle would even fit through the double-fenced area on Meyers Lake. I had to disembark on a narrow bridge here once to allow such a truck to pass through.
While I'm sure LE has checked all scheduled and allowed maintenance, could someone have done so in 'disguise' as such? A dark colored vehicle would not be as readily seen and noticed, as well, I would think.

Eek. Wonder if that is why they checked the dump...concealing in garbage cans..? Means and opportunity. Motive..? MOO

How much do you guys think the enlarged image of the evidence cup looks like it is this cup?
MCQBZZP0G0EUSZUYSNSA3MH34KY40WMTHF1NQWRASOHCH0WB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member