IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the map, perhaps the girls went for a drink of water or the bathroom by the lake at about 12:30, met someone who lured them to the lake via Elmer to Gilbert to Arbutus, where there was a vehicle parked, the girls were nabbed, and the bikes left on the trail with the purse by the lake and the cell phone. MOO

( back in the stone age)

When I was Young and ride bikes with the neighbor kids way out in the country

We would play a game called Cat and Mouse.

It was kind of like Hide and seek for big kids outside

The cat (2 kids) would sit on their bike an close their eyes and count to 100

the others Kids (the Mouses) would take off on their bikes and hide somewhere way off down the many back roads and Fields and woods.

Then you had to go find them...

well this narrows some stuff down i think

Police said they have "information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale."

Officials said "anyone that was in the Arbutus Ave. or Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave. areas or anywhere in Evansdale on that day that may have seen the girls" should contact them.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...16587274/-/uehv67z/-/index.html#ixzz26NmAn4YM

please refresh my brain, what time did Gma go out looking for them in relation to this time?
BBM

I'm glad you here right now, because I was curious about your theory in light of this new information. I know there are probably a lot of us who are re-thinking things given this new info.

To me, it sounds like the girls were doing their neighborhood bike riding but going much further than the 2-3 blocks MCM said they were limited to.

Here's a basic Google map for that area. I'm not a map wizard like otto and others, so I won't attempt anything other than this!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elme...s&ei=CFZSUPmuDcrb0QHL4oH4Cw&ved=0CCEQ8stgEwAA

Looks like Elmer goes directly to the bike trail, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Now I feel like the girls went to the bike trail off Lafayette street like I always said but instead of going straight on the trail to the back side of the lake, they went down Gilbert to the front of the lake entrance which is Elmer.

I would hope LE has also focused on WC's neighbourhood. A perp may have been watching LCM from that location and followed WC's to HC's home. It's possible the perp watched the girl's activities for quite some time before making a move. The perp was well organized and perhaps posing as an authority figure.

It would appear, from the little that is known, the girls went with the perp willingly ... no signs of a struggle and not a sound.

It seems impossible that the only witness to come forward as to seeing the girls was Mr. C, considering the girls were on several streets.

IMO

LE may have never officially commented on TG's bike sighting, however, LE were fully aware of it, since it was reported through MSM and TG himself talked to LE at the lake that he may have seen the bikes.

IMO, if LE wants the public's assistance in solving this crime, any information that they become aware of that is factual, whether they officially initially reported it or not, IMO is their responsibility to report to the public what they know to be true.

Since LE want every tid bit of information, no matter how insignificant the person reporting it may think it is, the information regarding the possible sighting of the girl's bikes by TG may have been very significant to someone out there, whom may have had other relevant information surrounding this piece of information.

We are just finding out now, two months later, that LE knew this was not L's and E's bikes.

IMO, it is LE's duty to report what they know, if it can assist with solving this case.

But JMOO.

BBM

It isn't clear when LE learned of these sightings of Lyric and Elizabeth. This may be information that has come up recently, as opposed to two months ago.

And again, LE never told us that TG saw the girls bikes. Since they never told us that, I would't expect them to later come along with a correction. If it had been an official statement, then I would agree with you.

I do share in your frustration, though. Now that we have some updated information, maybe things will begin to make a little more sense. Because the timeline we were working with (Gma's sighting at 12:15, Pahl's video at 12:11-12:18, bikes seen by TG 12:20'ish) was WAY too tight, IMO.

My theory stands strong in my mind, the only thing that changed is the girls route.

South Evans to Gilbert to Evans --- There is a bank on South Evans (First Security State Bank) maybe they have video of them around there since the time is so specific?

Evansdale Fire Dept sits at the corner of Gilbert and S Evans (possible camera)

Elmer is right at "Trail Avenue" so maybe they were riding around looking for the trail??

Elmer leads right to the lake so maybe they came in at the parking lot and decided to just circle around??

Thank you CindySue....

This has really got me thinking....

What if they were riding around waiting for someone to get off work for lunch.

Per WC, They kept asking if they could go for a bike ride at 11:30 and the Gramma said sure a short one.

Maybe the girls rode off in the direction of the old Post office, (per WC)

and that person said "hey, I don't get off work until 12:00 I will meet you at the Myers Lake then."

So, Then we see the girls bolting off to Myers Lake.....where they would meet them/him/her

:waitasec: I think that make sense

We may not know if they were meeting someone for lunch, but imo they were definitely riding on a mission. The cctv camera makes me think they were in a huge hurry. Someone on the streets, in the park, in the parking lot saw something. What city is a ghost town at that time of day?!
9 weeks and nothing.

Is this going to be another Haleigh Cummings case? :banghead:

instinct

intuition

tom-a - toes

tom-ah -toes

It is clear there will be no meeting of the minds. C'est la vie.

I found grandma (WC) appearance on JVM last night sad. She was so focused on disputing how the recent update from LE with the six tips implying that the perp is local does NOT refer to family members or past criminal associates that IMO she did more harm than good.

... as long as investigators are using their experience and training to solve this disappearance, I'm happy ... even if it means asking locals to report anyone that seems a "little off".

It's sad that the grandmother had to defend the family in that way. Was the talking head implying that the family was responsible, or did the grandmother simply feel the need to explain the difference?

I would hope LE has also focused on WC's neighbourhood. A perp may have been watching LCM from that location and followed WC's to HC's home. It's possible the perp watched the girl's activities for quite some time before making a move. The perp was well organized and perhaps posing as an authority figure.

It would appear, from the little that is known, the girls went with the perp willingly ... no signs of a struggle and not a sound.

It seems impossible that the only witness to come forward as to seeing the girls was Mr. C, considering the girls were on several streets.

IMO

BBM

You know, if just one of the girls was targeted, I'm wondering if it may have been Elizabeth rather than Lyric. After all, the girls were biking in Elizabeth's neighborhood. Mr. C said that Elizabeth has ridden her bike on his street frequently, and chatted with neighbors. Elizabeth knew kids in the area. She would also know teachers, church members, family friends - lots of adults she would probably trust.

I know Lyric has spent time in the neighborhood, but it's more Elizabeth's "territory" than Lyric's. JMO.

Now I feel like the girls went to the bike trail off Lafayette street like I always said but instead of going straight on the trail to the back side of the lake, they went down Gilbert to the front of the lake entrance which is Elmer.

WHAT NEW INFO? WHAT CAME OUT TODAY....
highlights please! :please:

... as long as investigators are using their experience and training to solve this disappearance, I'm happy ... even if it means asking locals to report anyone that seems a "little off".

It's sad that the grandmother had to defend the family in that way. Was the talking head implying that the family was responsible, or did the grandmother simply feel the need to explain the difference?

I think Gma tries to minimize the effect of drugs on her family (drug busts, overdoses, etc.). Maybe she truly doesn't believe that her family's problems have any bearing on the disappearance of Lyric and Elizabeth. She may be trying to keep the focus on the missing girls and not the family, IMO. But she does come across as defensive sometimes, which I think is indicative of the pressure she is feeling right now.

BBM

It isn't clear when LE learned of these sightings of Lyric and Elizabeth. This may be information that has come up recently, as opposed to two months ago.

And again, LE never told us that TG saw the girls bikes. Since they never told us that, I would't expect them to later come along with a correction. If it had been an official statement, then I would agree with you.

I do share in your frustration, though. Now that we have some updated information, maybe things will begin to make a little more sense. Because the timeline we were working with (Gma's sighting at 12:15, Pahl's video at 12:11-12:18, bikes seen by TG 12:20'ish) was WAY too tight, IMO.

Also though, LE must have known for two months that the bikes TG saw were not the girls bikes, as the timeline does not fit, now that we know the girls were seen on Brovan Blvd. at approx. 12:23 p.m., unless of course, it may have taken LE many hours of watching surveillance to know that the girls were seen on Brovan Blvd. around 12:23 p.m. IMO

I'm glad you here right now, because I was curious about your theory in light of this new information. I know there are probably a lot of us who are re-thinking things given this new info.

To me, it sounds like the girls were doing their neighborhood bike riding but going much further than the 2-3 blocks MCM said they were limited to.

Here's a basic Google map for that area. I'm not a map wizard like otto and others, so I won't attempt anything other than this!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elme...s&ei=CFZSUPmuDcrb0QHL4oH4Cw&ved=0CCEQ8stgEwAA

Looks like Elmer goes directly to the bike trail, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Way back in the day when a poster was discussing doing her own recon, I suggested S Evans/Gilbert/.Lake/Arbutus as being the most direct route.

It is no surprise to me that this has apparently been confirmed, partially.

However what is a surprise is the Elmer St.

If they went Lake st, why Elmer?

Unless of course they got lost...were trying to find their way to a certain point of the lake, took a wrong turn, corrected themselves...

BBM

You know, if just one of the girls was targeted, I'm wondering if it may have been Elizabeth rather than Lyric. After all, the girls were biking in Elizabeth's neighborhood. Mr. C said that Elizabeth has ridden her bike on his street frequently, and chatted with neighbors. Elizabeth knew kids in the area. She would also know teachers, church members, family friends - lots of adults she would probably trust.

I know Lyric has spent time in the neighborhood, but it's more Elizabeth's "territory" than Lyric's. JMO.

However, the perp could have followed WC's. Just a possible scenario, as LE has not come up with any suspects in the Meyers Lake area that we know of. IMO

This is just my opinion, but I think GMA and family have been around the internet and have read a lot of carp about themselves and how people are accusing them, their associates etc... And even when they aren't being accused outright, they are being called names and otherwise trashed. I don't think they deserve any June Cleaver awards, but reading the stuff that is out there on the net has to be demoralizing and cruel. I think GMA is responding to what she feels is the public sentiment, and I feel for her. (and the rest of the family).

WHAT NEW INFO? WHAT CAME OUT TODAY....
highlights please! :please:

In case no one has responded to you:

Police said they have "information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale."

Officials said "anyone that was in the Arbutus Ave. or Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave. areas or anywhere in Evansdale on that day that may have seen the girls" should contact them.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz26NmAn4YM

ETA: First posted by peeples, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members