IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion to the members. Go to the scanner archives and read the threads during the first, say, week of this case. Well worth it, but you can't bring that info up to this thread under penalty of whatever the penalty is...lol

Anyway, I'm interested that in that email from DCI they suggest to me..that they are "almost" certain that the perp was in a vehicle "arriving" and "departing" the "area". Also, I'm interested that they are looking at video from businesses, "homes", and "elsewhere" in E'dale.

I'm interested that there is a church right next to the auction house and they share the same parking lot. IMO it is worth confirmation as to whether they attended there...my guess is that they may have. If so, were there activities that the girls participated in..with coaches...stuff like that.

I'm interested that E played ball right next to Deerwood camping the night before the disappearance.

There. A bunch to chew on.

MOO
I have tried to go back and read the earliest scanner posts, but they were gone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Way back in the day when a poster was discussing doing her own recon, I suggested S Evans/Gilbert/.Lake/Arbutus as being the most direct route.

It is no surprise to me that this has apparently been confirmed, partially.

However what is a surprise is the Elmer St.

If they went Lake st, why Elmer?

Unless of course they got lost...were trying to find their way to a certain point of the lake, took a wrong turn, corrected themselves...

I'm not so sure it was ever clear exactly where Mr.C saw the girls riding. . . Lake or Gilbert? His house sits on the corner. I'm thinking they probably rode down Gilbert past Lake to the park/lake on Elmer. . .but idk and that may change at anytime. :D

Way back in the day when a poster was discussing doing her own recon, I suggested S Evans/Gilbert/.Lake/Arbutus as being the most direct route.

It is no surprise to me that this has apparently been confirmed, partially.

However what is a surprise is the Elmer St.

If they went Lake st, why Elmer?

Unless of course they got lost...were trying to find their way to a certain point of the lake, took a wrong turn, corrected themselves...

I will say this again. Elmer runs to the entrance of the lake. If they turned left off gilbert to Elmer they would go to the lakes entrance.

Also though, LE must have known for two months that the bikes TG saw were not the girls bikes, as the timeline does not fit, now that we know the girls were seen on Brovan Blvd. at approx. 12:23 p.m., unless of course, it may have taken LE many hours of watching surveillance to know that the girls were seen on Brovan Blvd. around 12:23 p.m. IMO

do they know where the girls bikes are?
Gone with them???
Oh my I am so behind..........

This is just my opinion, but I think GMA and family have been around the internet and have read a lot of carp about themselves and how people are accusing them, their associates etc... And even when they aren't being accused outright, they are being called names and otherwise trashed. I don't think they deserve any June Cleaver awards, but reading the stuff that is out there on the net has to be demoralizing and cruel. I think GMA is responding to what she feels is the public sentiment, and I feel for her. (and the rest of the family).

I completely agree, elmomom. And not only has Gma probably read all of the internet rumors, there are also the unfortunate events that occurred within the family in the days after Lyric and Elizabeth disappeared. I imagine Gma felt she needed to stand up for her family in light of this. What Gma is going through must be horrible.

ETA: The whole family must be suffering, but somehow I think Gma may be suffering the most. I wonder how many times she has regretted saying "yes" when the girls asked to go bike riding?

Now I feel like the girls went to the bike trail off Lafayette street like I always said but instead of going straight on the trail to the back side of the lake, they went down Gilbert to the front of the lake entrance which is Elmer.

It does, indeed, appear that way. I still don't believe those two girls were ever on that part of the bike trail in the SE corner of Meyers Lake, I still think those bikes may have been staged. This is, of course, just my opinion.
Could the park, then, have been part of a lure to get the girls down there? The very first part of the parking lot when you first enter via Elmer Ave. is a bit secluded. Is that small building just to the west, between the north parking lot and Exchange park (where the playground is) a public restroom? For anyone at the lake that day, closer to the dock area and the larger section of parking lot, that area could appear isolated, couldn't it? Things positioned just so, where two little girls and their bikes be snatched and loaded up? Then the bikes dumped off on that remote section of the bike trail to make it look like those two went there on their own?

This is just my opinion, but I think GMA and family have been around the internet and have read a lot of carp about themselves and how people are accusing them, their associates etc... And even when they aren't being accused outright, they are being called names and otherwise trashed. I don't think they deserve any June Cleaver awards, but reading the stuff that is out there on the net has to be demoralizing and cruel. I think GMA is responding to what she feels is the public sentiment, and I feel for her. (and the rest of the family).

Well you know what, if it was my girls that were gone, I wouldn't give a flying fig what people were saying about me.

I would only have room for one concern.

Gossip and innuendo would not even register on my radar.

Gone with them???

The girls' bikes were found at the lake on the day they went missing. According to LE's latest info, the bikes were found at around 2:00 that day (we don't know by whom).

In case no one has responded to you:

Police said they have "information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale."

Officials said "anyone that was in the Arbutus Ave. or Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave. areas or anywhere in Evansdale on that day that may have seen the girls" should contact them.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz26NmAn4YM

ETA: First posted by peeples, IIRC.

Oh look there's the 8 minutes again.

Despite all the naysayers, apparently they did indeed get that far in 8 minutes.

:banghead:

Well you know what, if it was my girls that were gone, I wouldn't give a flying fig what people were saying about me.

I would only have room for one concern.

Gossip and innuendo would not even register on my radar.

I agree, I'd be running naked through the streets tossing out flyers if I thought that would help out. Anything to get the attention focused on finding my child. And if anyone had anything bad to say about my family, they could take a flying leap. Let them worry about my family AFTER my child was found.

But it must be hard for Gma to ignore gossip and innuendo given the somewhat unusual family dynamics (drugs, restraining orders, overdoses, trials). She has to know that some people are perceiving her family in negative way.

Oh look there's the 8 minutes again.

Despite all the naysayers, apparently they did indeed get that far in 8 minutes.

:banghead:

I'm going to get picky again... here it comes... <lol> I read that as an absolute minimum of 8 minutes (12:23 - 12:30), which is doable, yes. Especially to Gilbert/Elmer/Etc. And as long as 38 minutes <sigh>
By another timeline, however... hm...

Gone with them???

No no, Passion, they have the girl's bikes.

At this point in time, because LE has now said that the girls were seen on Brovan Blvd. at 12:23 p.m. and TG's sighting of two bikes at approx. 12:20 p.m., this timeline does not fit for the bikes TG saw to be the girl's bikes. TG possibly saw two bikes belonging to someone else.

I hope I don't sound too confusing! MOO

Hi Cherie - I don't mean anyone specifically, I just see things start to head down that path over and over again even after reminders from mods. I don't know if people are getting quicker about posting and then deleting their posts before the mods are alerted or if the mods are really on top of this thread, but I keep seeing things posted that implicate someone and usually give enough "hints" as to who it is that others start kind of honing in on that person. I've been guilty of it a few times too, mostly early on - it's hard not to get caught up. We all just want to find these girls so badly, IMO it makes it easy to jump on any little bit of info we think might lead to them. Unfortunately that sometimes leads to jumping on every little bit of info that might implicate a specific person.

I'll see those types of posts if I'm refreshing a lot and actively reading the thread, but if I look at it a few hours later the questionable posts are gone. Stuff I was previously reading on say page 20 will suddenly be on page 18 or 19 (made up numbers, just for example's sake), so it's obvious things have been deleted.

I am so, so excited to see LE releasing more information on this case today! I know it's not a lot, but it's something more than we had before and something we can treat as reliable. IMO etc. :) I hope this means they're closer to finding the girls than we think.
:seeya:

Thanks for all the info. Im working from home today and I am AD. lol So I need to scroll back and see what new info Ive missed.
Thanks again. :)

Grandma on Nancy Grace -

And then another thing I want to say is down by the lake, going, not the bike path, somebody could have snatched them along the road. If there was two people in a van, they could have thrown those kids in their van with their bikes and there`s another way to drive by the houses and get to the end of that trail and they could have chunked the bikes down there with the children.

The girls were picked up at the Elmer St end in a van, the bikes were dropped off where they were found with "the children" (in my mind, younger perps) who then staged the scene, including dragging items of clothing about to mislead the dogs.

Not random, not spur of the moment, but very, very organised, planned, well thought out.

Welcome back! :seeya:

What do you think of this newly released information about sightings of the girls?

I've been out of touch all day at a conference, and haven't had a chance to review the new information. But as far as the girls going a "strange" route, we have to remember these are children riding their bikes around town, not looking at an aerial map of the most direct routes. Other than that, I will wait to get home to catch up and comment more later!

My theory - Brovan to Layfayette to S. Evans to Gilbert to Elmer.

On to trail at the end of Elmer...around the trail to the back of the lake...abducted, bikes left there, driver of vehicle parked at Maiden Lane (or Arbatus) and off they go.

I agree, I'd be running naked through the streets tossing out flyers if I thought that would help out. Anything to get the attention focused on finding my child. And if anyone had anything bad to say about my family, they could take a flying leap. Let them worry about my family AFTER my child was found.

But it must be hard for Gma to ignore gossip and innuendo given the somewhat unusual family dynamics (drugs, restraining orders, overdoses, trials). She has to know that some people are perceiving her family in negative way.

damn rite, :blushing::seeya:

:seeya:

Thanks for all the info. Im working from home today and I am AD. lol So I need to scroll back and see what new info Ive missed.
Thanks again. :)

AD? Is that the ADD or ADHD way of saying ADD?

Lol

(sorry I have had a long day and am getting kinda punchy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub