IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that dock near the playground where the flip flops (that might be the little girls) were found? TIA

Didn't I read on the twitter you posted, nursebeeme, that LE had said those were not Lyric's flip-flips on the playground?

I don't think they went swimming or in the water on their own free will....doesn't make sense to me, shoes would be left behind.

And yet the skull found in Indiana has been in the water for more than a year...so sometimes bodies do not surface I guess.
Or the head was not attached to a body which began to be filled with gases. :( Bodies will never float if the water is extremely cold (lack of methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide production in a cold corpse).

And yet the skull found in Indiana has been in the water for more than a year...so sometimes bodies do not surface I guess.
As soon as a body gases up enough .. and that depends on a lot of things .. it will float. If there is a current or wind factor it could beach. If not, the body eventually sinks again. How long a body might float, prolly depends also. jmo

I think if they had a water accident the flip flops would have been found floating on the water by now:moo:

the mom is not sure which if any shoes she was wearing. just that the purple ones are the ones that are missing..my thoughts were the same about the dogs hitting on the dock and back flips. maybe she left on her bike ride with no shoes?? maybe wanting to show her cousin how she can do back flips...just a thought.

Police now removing docks as part of lake draining/search for two missing girls. #evansdalesearch
by DaveFranzman via twitter 3:00 PM

SAR's---- If they did go swimming than got out grabbed their shoe and then were abducted would the dogs only follow them to entry of the water. Seeing how they were bloodhounds

SAR's---- If they did go swimming than got out grabbed their shoe and then were abducted would the dogs only follow them to entry of the water. Seeing how they were bloodhounds

I'm not SAR but I would think the dogs should be able to pick up where they left the water.

Maybe the reason they are taping off the lake is that they are taking apart the dock area. ?

Police now removing docks as part of lake draining/search for two missing girls. #evansdalesearch
by DaveFranzman via twitter 3:00 PM

Gosh, I have to believe that they have some faith in those dogs...and also that they have nothing else to go on...

Just now they were showing the lake on HLN. I got in on the end of it, maybe they'll repeat it through the day. I hope so. There was a reporter there showing the lake.

Mom described Lyric's flip flops very well....size 9, purple, simple ones from Walmart, with little diamonds (not diamond shapes, but probably rhinestones) on the top of the upper straps going across each side of the foot.

The aunt said the dogs picked up a scent going to the bikes....but going to the bikes from where? From the lake, from the fence, from the trail? There's just so many unknowns at this point. Hope the press conference will clear some things up for us.

I think they may have had their own dog already, and now these are the FBI dogs?
Still, seems the FBI dogs, as well as the FBI, should have been there within hours as they usually are with children. They were there the same day with Isabel-but that was called in as an abduction, perhaps this was thought to be a possible drowning (and that is still trying to be ruled out).

Keep in mind that there are *no* major hub airports in Iowa. There are very few direct flights from the east coast, either.

My guess would be that with the horrid day time temps we've had here since Saturday, flying in dogs was tricky to set up since they cannot be flown in when temps are over 84 F at either the departing or arriving airports. And that holds true for connecting airports as well.

• Last night, they did pick up on a scent near a dock on the lake, so that area was the focus of attention for much of last night.
    by Aaron Hepker - KCRG 2:33 PM
http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

OK, dumb question. What do I click on to see this. Everytime someone posts this link...I only see a map of Evansdale, the girls, and links at the bottom to articles. What am I missing here? TIA "help!"

see, imo, if one or both girls had a particular 'regular' route they rode on the bikes, it could be helpful to know if they deviated from it that day in particular...or not. See, if they always/usually traveled route A , then came up missing after traveling route B, might be a good place to search. Sorry I am addled.

Yes I do believe the dogs would/should track on the freshest scent available.

Katydid- probably to keep the curious as far away as possible in order to maintain privacy <in case> bodies are discovered. they certainly don't need some over zealous bystander or reporter stomping thru the mud, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member