IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if I'm correct? The lake was dragged....and sonar was used...with no results. Now the lake is being drained 3 inches an hour....nothing seen so far.

A helicopter just flew overhead at Meyers Lake, not sure if it's related to the search or not. #evansdalesearch
by eSchettler via twitter 3:09 PM

OK, dumb question. What do I click on to see this. Everytime someone posts this link...I only see a map of Evansdale, the girls, and links at the bottom to articles. What am I missing here? TIA "help!"

Scroll down the page. There are case updates...

Is it possible to have a dotted line of trail from the old school (N), crossing Gibert, thru to where it enters by the lake trail? (S) TIA

Sure, where is the old school located?

Police now removing docks as part of lake draining/search for two missing girls. #evansdalesearch
by DaveFranzman via twitter 3:00 PM

anyone know a reason as to WHY they would remove the docks (for a reason other than evidence)?

Following the developments in this case and Ayla's case. My heart is in my throat right now.

This shouldn't be happening to our children!!!

anyone know a reason as to WHY they would remove the docks (for a reason other than evidence)?

I was wondering the same thing myself, Stacy.. maybe it is the one the dogs hit on and they are double checking to make sure nothing is under it?

Police now removing docks as part of lake draining/search for two missing girls. #evansdalesearch
by DaveFranzman via twitter 3:00 PM
I dont understand this .. unless they are floating docks, where they just lay down on the ground as the water recedes. The bodies could be under one. No need to remove a fixed dock, imo. jmo

This case is very confusing. Drowning seems the most likely scenario, and yet there are no shoes left behind, and no one saw them swimming.

if they were abducted, then how did the perp get them away from the trail?

Extremely confusing. The timeline is -- impossible to know for sure.

In regard to abduction, what about the possibility of someone the girls knew and were comfortable with? Someone in one (or both) of their families or a friend of a family member that they knew well? Perhaps, they would not be surprised to see this person nor reluctant to get into a vehicle with him or her. If the interaction between the three of them was calm and nothing out of the ordinary, it probably would not have drawn the attention of people who may have been nearby and occupied with their own activities.

There are so many possibilities given so little confirmed information.

to everyone asking why the girls were on the streets. evansdale is a very good place, nothing bad ever happens there. when i was young, me, and all the neighborhood kids ran the streets until the street light came on, thats normal for that town. most everybody knows everybody. and the police station is only a few blocks from where the bikes were discovered. we never locked our doors, keys were always left in the cars. you would never expect something like this to happen, especially in the middle of the day time!

I don't understand the removal either. If they are concerned that the girls might be underneath, couldn't a diver just go underneath and search closely?

Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes
Haven't read everything to know if this was already posted, but if both descriptions are right, I think these must be the flip-flops....they are both Sesame Street AND purple with diamond shapes.

A good example of how witnesses can see the same thing and pick out different details to describe the same item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sesame-Stree...#ht_2854wt_956

Excellent point. It seems like Mom would mention the two flip-flops forming a Sesame Street Character when put together, though. I would think that would be a significant part of them, but who knows? It would be nice if LE would release a picture from the manufacturer of a pair like those Lyric was wearing.

I wish they would post a pic. The ones Irish_Eyes posted are toddle size though. So I doubt they have adult sizes in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member